OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED - Otsemobor agrees Wednesday deal

"In the 2003–04 season, Otsemobor played five more games for Liverpool, making appearances in the 1–1 draw with Newcastle United and the 3–1 win over Bolton Wanderers. He also appeared in the newspapers in October 2003, when he was shot in the buttocks during a gun incident in a bar."

:blink:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Guest jimbob

From Wikipedia

Liverpool

Otsemobor signed for Liverpool as a trainee on 1 July 2002. He made his debut in Liverpool's 3-1 win over Everton in the League Cup. He was loaned out to Hull City for the rest of the season to gain some first team experience. Otsemobor scored his first career goal for Hull in their 4–2 defeat to Rushden & Diamonds.[1] Otsemobor also scored a further two goals in Hull's 2–0 win over Shrewsbury Town[2] and the 2–1 defeat at Wrexham.[3]

In the 2003–04 season, Otsemobor played five more games for Liverpool, making appearances in the 1–1 draw with Newcastle United and the 3–1 win over Bolton Wanderers. He also appeared in the newspapers in October 2003, when he was shot in the buttocks during a gun incident in a bar.[4]

He was then loaned out again, this time to Bolton Wanderers where he only played one game, which was their 3–1 defeat to Manchester City. Otsemobor was then loaned out to Crewe Alexandra on a season long deal. He made his debut for Crewe in the 3–0 win over Watford. He scored one goal during his loan at Crewe, which was in the 2–2 draw with Leicester City.[5]

[edit] Rotherham United

Otsemobor signed for Rotherham United on 5 July 2005, on a free transfer from Liverpool. At Rotherham, Otsemobor made eight appearances and scored one goal for the club against Port Vale in the League Cup[6] before being sold again, this time on a free transfer back to Crewe Alexandra.

[edit] Crewe Alexandra

Otsemobor signed permanently for Crewe on 19 January 2006. He made his second debut for the club in a 2–1 defeat to Plymouth Argyle. Otsemobor, along with Steve Foster, Madjid Bougherra and Billy Jones were considered the main reason for Crewe's late attempt for safety in the final few months of the 2005–06 season, which eventually failed. Otsemobor also appeared in all of the games during Crewe's five game undefeated run.

During pre-season, in June 2006, Otsemobor failed to return to training on an agreed date. From 9 June to 14 June 2006, club manager Dario Gradi failed to make contact with Otsemobor and reasons for his absence were unknown.[7] On 14 June 2006, Otsemobor returned to Crewe citing a long holiday and mis-understanding as the reason he missed training.[8]

[edit] Norwich City

Otsemobor's contract at Gresty Road expired in the summer of 2007 and he indicated that he would be leaving the club. On 16 May, his agent stated that Norwich City were in pole position to sign Otsemobor and that he would be travelling to Carrow Road for a medical prior to signing. The move was completed on 13 June, with Otsemobor signing a three-year deal. Otsemobor was popular amongst fans in the first season due to his blistering pace and his name was often chanted in the stands. Otsemobor scored his first goal for City against Colchester in the 5–1 win. However the season after this Otsemobor found himself in and out of the team under Glenn Roeder with loan player Elliot Omozusi playing more. However Otsemobor regained the right back slot in the second half of the season. However Norwich were relegated from the championship and Otsemobor found himself coming in for heavy criticism from City fans mostly due to being very lazy. Otsemobor remained at the club but Norwichs season got off to the worst possible start losing 7–1 at home to Colchester with Otsemobor again putting in a very poor performance. However new boss Paul Lambert kept faith with Otsemobor and he scored in Lamberts first game in charge. However Otsemobor continued to put in some poor performances and Russell Martin was brought to the club in November with Otsemobor being on the bench

[edit] Southampton

Otsemobor signed for Southampton on 14 January 2010, on a free transfer from League One promotion rivals Norwich City.[9] He made his debut on 16 January playing alongside two other recent signings, José Fonte and Danny Seaborne, in a 1–1 draw at Millwall.[10] On 15th May 2010 he was released as well as 12 other players.

Can't say im too impressed with this signing to be honest, as I would have loved Nolan to come back and Otsemobor seems like a bit of a journeyman to me. Hopefully Nolan will sign and Spurr will move inside but I doubt it.

Guest britmod_owl

these signings dont really suggest hoofball, added to the wider pitch. sounds like good wing play is the plan! I think we may have a few goals to be cheered next season, cant wait already!

Guest Barry Chuckle

Another signing, just the ticket. Good luck Ostemobor.

Now lets tie the Parkin deal up.

I agree get the beast in!!!

Guest utOwlz

Just been looking on the League 1 forum you will find that Norwich and Southampton fans dont rate him, and neither does wiki if you read that. But hes a Wednesday player now so il get right behind him and hope he proves people wrong. People seem to think hes good going forward but a bad defender lol

We obviously couldn't afford Nolan then.

Nolan can play left back too? So maybe we will sell tommy and bring him in.

I'd be happy with that, as much as i like Tommy for his attitude he does make loads of costly mistakes.

Got to trust Irvine on this one, he knows what he wants.

Looks like another player who is well capable of completing 40 games in a season though.

Jury will be out but I'm going to say good signing for his pace alone, plus Irvine has showed he can bring out the best qualities in defenders, look at Purse.

Guest utOwlz

He's pacey so he can overlap Sedgwick and Sedgwick can track back an help him, sounds like the perfect combination...... i hope

I think these two will work well down that right side, or JJ and Otsemobor down the right.