OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED - Otsemobor agrees Wednesday deal

read my mind...........a typical Irvine uninspired signing.

Hinds and Buxton can play right back anyway............we need goals ffs!

Jesus H Christ.

Don't you think Irvine knows we need goals?

He'll sign at least two strikers before the season start. I can be certain of that.

We needs goals, but we also need a squad.

Hinds is a very solid centre back but he is NOT a right back.

Defensively we now have...

Right Backs

Jon Otsemobor

Lewis Buxton

Centre Backs

Darren Purse

Mark Beevers

Richard Hinds

(Tommy Spurr, Lewis Buxton)

Left Backs

Tommy Spurr

?????

Hopefully the next signing will be Eddie Nolan, who can play Right, Left and Centre Back.

Jesus H Christ.

Don't you think Irvine knows we need goals?

He'll sign at least two strikers before the season start. I can be certain of that.

We needs goals, but we also need a squad.

Hinds is a very solid centre back but he is NOT a right back.

Defensively we now have...

Right Backs

Jon Otsemobor

Lewis Buxton

Centre Backs

Darren Purse

Mark Beevers

Richard Hinds

(Tommy Spurr, Lewis Buxton)

Left Backs

Tommy Spurr

?????

Hopefully the next signing will be Eddie Nolan, who can play Right, Left and Centre Back.

Forgive me if i'm wrong, but i was pretty sure Hinds was released?

I remember him playing for Norwich, and being the stand out player on the pitch, on two separate occasions...

...bit of a random memory, but I remember thinking "F**k me, he kicks it hard..." - it was when he was playing the ball square, he seemed to hit it really firmly and tightly....looked tidy...

Well happy with this signing.

UTMFO

Yeah, we just need a left footer now or Nolan back, he can play left back. Then thats a strong defence.

definitely need some competition for Spurr..... complacency is a massive problem for Tommy IMO

Unless of course, Alan is happy to go into the season with Buxton cover at left back

definitely need some competition for Spurr..... complacency is a massive problem for Tommy IMO

Unless of course, Alan is happy to go into the season with Buxton cover at left back

Buxton gets alot of stick but he's plenty good enough to play either full back role in that division.

Guest Sniper1

Seen him play at Hillsborough and thought he was Norwich's best player, always available for a pass and lighting quick, lets hope Big Al can get some consistency in his game.

I Still think Nolan will sign very soon.

Defensive options if so;

Buxton.................Beevers.............Purse.............Spurr

Nolan...................Hinds................Spurr..............Nolan

Otsemobor.........Buxton...............Nolan.............Buxton

Plenty of options, like it.

Guest wednesday83

This signing strikes as desperation and a lack of money. He was poor at crewe, Rotherham and awful at Norwich everytime I saw him. JJ gave him the run around everytime we played nowich. To think we had one of the best right backs around in Simek and weve ended with this clown. With Spurr at left back and this clown at right back its safe to say we may well be relegated again.

Why do people still go on about Simek, he was crap at the end.

He wasn't though, he set a high standard before his injuries and on his return without ever getting a run of games he couldn't get to those levels again.

Guest andross

Norwich fan. Most things said on here are spot on. He can't tackle, block and let's people past him as if he wasn't there. On the other hand he's one of the quickest players i've seen at Carrow Road and he's also got a decent shot on him.

If you've got some good right sided cover for him and some aware centre backs, He's a decent player in lg 1.

All the best for next season and hope you make a quick return.

Why do people still go on about Simek, he was crap at the end.

Why can't you just say he was not as good as he was before his injury.

No wonder no bugger wanted to give their all for the team and fans.

Okay he was not the same player, but he came back and tried, no need to slag him.

Guest ka58

This signing strikes as desperation and a lack of money. He was poor at crewe, Rotherham and awful at Norwich everytime I saw him. JJ gave him the run around everytime we played nowich. To think we had one of the best right backs around in Simek and weve ended with this clown. With Spurr at left back and this clown at right back its safe to say we may well be relegated again.

What a load of rubbish. Stop living in the past. Simek was finished. Simek doesn' t owe wednesday anything cos he was great before injury and tried his best on his return but he was done. Who's snapped him up since he went?????

I've seen a bit of Otsembor from him first starting out and while at Rotherham, he's not the worlds best but very fast, bear in mind we've just signed Sedgwick for the RHM who is a good player but very slow. Irvine has thought he needs some pace down the RHS and signed someone who has it. Someone to overlap sedgewick.

He also will be no where near the wages (and fee) we would shell out for Nolan.

GOOD SIGNING. Two strikers (one who has done a bit, one gamble) and Irvine has had a good summer.

Guest intercity0wl

If he wasn't good enough for Norwich (league one) and wasn't good enough for Southampton (league one), surely he has some serious flaws ?

IMO, one good and one bad so far

Wonder if leeds fans were saying the sam when we could not make our mind up if a guy by the name of Cantona was good enough for us.

AI knows him from when he was at liverpool and must believe he will fit in with the way he is going to approach this season. He will be one of Irvines players in Irvines team and it does not bother me if he brings in a whole team of rjects from other clubs as long as he can get them looking anything but rejects as a team.

I Hope and think that by the time he has finnished bringing in his stated targets of experienced and mentally tuff Players who it looks will also have a bit of pride and passion, then add Purse, JJ ect plus the workrate and fitness AI will demand and other teams in this division will look around at our side at kick off, see the pace and power it contains, and simply think F**king hell.

Clean slate come August for me with all players new and old. UTO.

Guest DSC_UK

Simek was great but was never the same player after his injuries.