Really pissed off....

Guest Manwithastick

what was telling for me - was that not one of our players approached him - they walked past him and left the field

If I was on the same team as him then I would have walked past him too, especially if I had busted a gut to play for my team.

He can't be arsed to pass a ball properly.

I give up with him. I really do.

Kivo, it wasnt for nothing. You conquered your fear that day. Just cos the club is back down in league 1 doesnt mean you have to go backwards too. Keep moving forward fella.

Can I also add, totally tongue in cheek and in no way meant as an insult, that next season will be great for yo cos the crowds will be about 15k at most. :biggrin:

Top post, and I've been waiting for a post like this to make a post of my own - I know some people have a perception of me as an attention seeker so starting my own thread about something personal to me would be inviting people to have a pop, so replying here gives me the ideal opportunity.

A brief introduction - In the summer of 2004 I contracted an illness and although I fully recovered, the after effects were far more damaging and left me with anxiety issues meaning I couldn't lead a normal life. Going to football matches, even those at Hillsborough, was impossible for me, and it broke my heart to not be able to go, being a season ticket holder since the age of 9 and an away season ticket holder since 13. Not being able to go to matches was one of the more depressing issues I had to deal with that year, especially seeing as Wednesday were having a good year in League 1 under Paul Sturrock.

I was in Kivo club watching our away play-off semi with Brentford and although I was delighted we won, I was tinged with a bit of sadness at the thought of not being able to go to the final. As it was, my dad gave me a good pep talk about how I might never get the chance to go to a match like this again, and persuaded me to talk to my GP about a temporary solution to my problem to enable me to go.

And so on 29th May 2005 I, along with 40,000 fellow Wednesdayites, made the long trip to Cardiff, doped up on tranquilisers and valium. My dad drove, and getting past Junction 30 of the M1 was the furthest i'd been in a year, but amazingly enough I made it to Cardiff. I took in the atmosphere, feeling a little guilty that i'd not been there all season and turning up for the final. About an hour before kick off I had the biggest panic attack of my life. Feelings I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy flooding through my brain, convinced my heart rate was getting so high I was going to have a heart attack. What the hell am I doing here? This far from the safety of home? All for a football match?

After a gruelling half an hour the attack passed and I managed to make it into the ground. Now I was watching the Wednesday again I was relaxed, nervous only about the outcome of the match. Delighted when JPM scored our opener, in despair when we went behind, delighted again when MacLean's penalty went in. When Drew Talbot rounded the keeper, my mind went in slow motion, seeing him slot the ball home, I instantly burst into tears, as did my dad. I'd never see him cry, and I knew it was because not only had Wednesday won, but i'd been able to be there with him.

On the way home I was as calm as a Hindu cow. Passing Wednesdayites up the motorway, cruising in the late Spring air, loving every minute of it. I felt like Wednesdayt were back, we'd hit rock bottom and we were heading back to the top again. It spurred me on to get a season ticket for the following season. I've been to just about every home match since then, and another few away games with my dad, suffering a fair bit on the way health-wise, but my love for Wednesday has surpassed that. As an example, last week against United I had to stand on the Crows nest as my usual ST seat was too crowded for me in such a busy crowd - I still managed it though and I'll have to go through it again next Sunday.

After going through all that, it seems Wednesday are again going backwards, and on the verge of relegation BACK to League 1. I'm absolutely heartbroken, this wasn't meant to happen. We've suffered so much over the last decade, and now it's about to get even worse, just when we thought we'd seen the light at the end of the tunnel. It was meant to be that we'd be in the Premier League soon after that play-off win. It hasn't happened, even with a passionate Wednesdayite like Lee Strafford in charge. I just can't believe it. That day in Cardiff, the greatest personal achievement in my whole life, was for nothing. And i'll never EVER forgive certain players for taking that from me.

If we do go down, i'll again be sat on the Kop, but knowing full well if we somehow manage to get to a play-off final I won't be able to be there. I just hope the players at the club know that each and every single Wednesdayite has a story like mine, that they have massively let down so many people this season. The history of this club is magnificent, and I consider it a huge disrespect that the likes of Leon Clarke, Francis Jeffers and Etienne Esajas will go down in the history books as having played for our club. I'm so deflated, as I know everyone is, because this just wasn't meant to happen. I still maintain we have the best fans in the world, and we do not deserve what we've had to put up with in recent years. Karma says we'll get our reward for being so loyal. Unfortunately, it seems our reward has never been further away.

It's a bit of a rant, but I had to get it off my chest.

Can someone somehow get this post to WBA please?! ...And get it read out in the dressing room before the Palace match if we're in with a shout?

Kivo, you do come across as a bit of a nob at times, but then again I'm sure we all do - but your post is what football can be about. The sad thing is, many of those on the pitch are so immersed in eeking every last penny out of their career that they forget why football is such a massive business in the first place.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

After the players had left the pitch (for some it was the most enthusiastic thing they'd done all afternoon), we THE FANS were faced with filing out and starting the 5 hour journey home. We'd just seen our team almost certainly relegated and then watched the vast majority of them flip off down the tunnel without even acknowledging the fact that we existed. And so we started to leave before the Cardiff players could return to thank their fans for a great season. And what happened? ROW UPON ROW OF CARDIFF FANS STOOD AND TURNED TO US AND STARTED TO APPLAUD. THOUSANDS OF THEM STOOD AND CLAPPED US AS WE LEFT THEIR STADIUM. BECAUSE THEY COULD SEE WHAT OUR BUNCH OF PRIMA DONNA FUCKSTICKS CAN'T - WE DON'T DESERVE THIS. A BUNCH OF FANS FROM A DIFFERENT COUNTRY FFS. THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE EVEN GIVEN A throw ABOUT US - THEY HAD REACHING THE PLAYOFFS TO CELEBRATE - BUT INSTEAD THEY RECOGNISED OUR EFFORTS AND ACKNOWLEDGED THEM.

Brilliantly put

Our fans are unbelievable and Lee has dared to have a dig in the past.... seriously misplaced.

How many other sets of fans would have received the above ? How many other sets of fans would possess the 6th highest average gate outside the top flight, whilst watching the 24th worst football outside the top flight ?

We are due an apology

An apology from Lee, an apology for Alan and most importantly an apology from the players

One way they can start to repay our unbelievable passion and faith, is by ripping Palace to pieces next Sunday, if we are still in with a fighting chance

Top post, and I've been waiting for a post like this to make a post of my own - I know some people have a perception of me as an attention seeker so starting my own thread about something personal to me would be inviting people to have a pop, so replying here gives me the ideal opportunity.

A brief introduction - In the summer of 2004 I contracted an illness and although I fully recovered, the after effects were far more damaging and left me with anxiety issues meaning I couldn't lead a normal life. Going to football matches, even those at Hillsborough, was impossible for me, and it broke my heart to not be able to go, being a season ticket holder since the age of 9 and an away season ticket holder since 13. Not being able to go to matches was one of the more depressing issues I had to deal with that year, especially seeing as Wednesday were having a good year in League 1 under Paul Sturrock.

I was in Kivo club watching our away play-off semi with Brentford and although I was delighted we won, I was tinged with a bit of sadness at the thought of not being able to go to the final. As it was, my dad gave me a good pep talk about how I might never get the chance to go to a match like this again, and persuaded me to talk to my GP about a temporary solution to my problem to enable me to go.

And so on 29th May 2005 I, along with 40,000 fellow Wednesdayites, made the long trip to Cardiff, doped up on tranquilisers and valium. My dad drove, and getting past Junction 30 of the M1 was the furthest i'd been in a year, but amazingly enough I made it to Cardiff. I took in the atmosphere, feeling a little guilty that i'd not been there all season and turning up for the final. About an hour before kick off I had the biggest panic attack of my life. Feelings I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy flooding through my brain, convinced my heart rate was getting so high I was going to have a heart attack. What the hell am I doing here? This far from the safety of home? All for a football match?

After a gruelling half an hour the attack passed and I managed to make it into the ground. Now I was watching the Wednesday again I was relaxed, nervous only about the outcome of the match. Delighted when JPM scored our opener, in despair when we went behind, delighted again when MacLean's penalty went in. When Drew Talbot rounded the keeper, my mind went in slow motion, seeing him slot the ball home, I instantly burst into tears, as did my dad. I'd never see him cry, and I knew it was because not only had Wednesday won, but i'd been able to be there with him.

On the way home I was as calm as a Hindu cow. Passing Wednesdayites up the motorway, cruising in the late Spring air, loving every minute of it. I felt like Wednesdayt were back, we'd hit rock bottom and we were heading back to the top again. It spurred me on to get a season ticket for the following season. I've been to just about every home match since then, and another few away games with my dad, suffering a fair bit on the way health-wise, but my love for Wednesday has surpassed that. As an example, last week against United I had to stand on the Crows nest as my usual ST seat was too crowded for me in such a busy crowd - I still managed it though and I'll have to go through it again next Sunday.

After going through all that, it seems Wednesday are again going backwards, and on the verge of relegation BACK to League 1. I'm absolutely heartbroken, this wasn't meant to happen. We've suffered so much over the last decade, and now it's about to get even worse, just when we thought we'd seen the light at the end of the tunnel. It was meant to be that we'd be in the Premier League soon after that play-off win. It hasn't happened, even with a passionate Wednesdayite like Lee Strafford in charge. I just can't believe it. That day in Cardiff, the greatest personal achievement in my whole life, was for nothing. And i'll never EVER forgive certain players for taking that from me.

If we do go down, i'll again be sat on the Kop, but knowing full well if we somehow manage to get to a play-off final I won't be able to be there. I just hope the players at the club know that each and every single Wednesdayite has a story like mine, that they have massively let down so many people this season. The history of this club is magnificent, and I consider it a huge disrespect that the likes of Leon Clarke, Francis Jeffers and Etienne Esajas will go down in the history books as having played for our club. I'm so deflated, as I know everyone is, because this just wasn't meant to happen. I still maintain we have the best fans in the world, and we do not deserve what we've had to put up with in recent years. Karma says we'll get our reward for being so loyal. Unfortunately, it seems our reward has never been further away.

Seriously Lee, start a new thread with this. It shouldn't be hidden away.

If anyone does seriously call you an attention seeker then they're a wee pipe.

Kivo, it wasnt for nothing. You conquered your fear that day. Just cos the club is back down in league 1 doesnt mean you have to go backwards too. Keep moving forward fella.

Spot on, after reading Kivos post that's exactly what I was about to say.

At the end of the day footy is about the fans........footballing wise we might be in a bad place just now, but it's only a bad place if you've got dreams of chamions league football.

L1/Championship/Prem, it doesnt matter what league your in imo.......it's more to do with the memories, and Kivo, you have plenty of them being The Owls official historian;).

Lets be honest, we're hardly likely to be challenging for the champions league any time soon..........so you have to make do with the 'little things'.......like the Cardiff supporters giving 'us' a round of applause after the game yesterday, it's things like this that make being a SWFC supporter special, not the footy.........it's never been about the footy.

Spot on, after reading Kivos post that's exactly what I was about to say.

At the end of the day footy is about the fans........footballing wise we might be in a bad place just now, but it's only a bad place if you've got dreams of chamions league football.

L1/Championship/Prem, it doesnt matter what league your in imo.......it's more to do with the memories, and Kivo, you have plenty of them being The Owls official historian;).

Lets be honest, we're hardly likely to be challenging for the champions league any time soon..........so you have to make do with the 'little things'.......like the Cardiff supporters giving 'us' a round of applause after the game yesterday, it's things like this that make being a SWFC supporter special, not the footy.........it's never been about the footy.

That is so true.

I recently started taking my son to away games, I'd forgotten what it was like. There's no better feeling than finding your seat and looking at all the Wednesdayites close by, looking one or two in the eye, and knowing that everything you have been put through, they have gone through too.

I feel priviledged to support this club, not for the players, they don't give a poo , for my fellow supporters, everytime I see someone else in a Wednesday shirt I fill up with pride, there is no better set of supporters anywhere.

Congratulations on concuring your fear Kivo.

Edited by HOOTIE AND THE SHIT TU

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

No roast from me. EE drives a brand new Audi R8. That sums up what's wrong with football for me. He's a bit part player in a team that has been dogshit for 90% of the season and is about to be relegated. If anyone can justify that to me then please do. I'll also add that no doubt other players have nice cars, I don't know who and what though so not just picking on him, he's just an example in this case.

Us fans are constantly there. We have been for years and will be for years. I don't go to away games really and don't get to every home game so am not a truefan, but I was proud of your efforts yesterday. That bit about Cardiff fans applauding you wants to be told to the players that fooked off down the tunnel. Not that they'd give a poo poo. Can't wait for contract termination day, it's the only thing I've got left to look forward to this season. Get rid of the wasters and replace em with a different set of wasters probably. St least it'll be a change.lol

Not just us though

Jordan Robertson was jailed for 32 months after he admitted causing death by dangerous driving. Photograph: Andrew Matthews/Empics Sport

A Championship footballer who killed a father of five in a crash on Christmas Day started a 32-month jail sentence today.

He later told police he had been trying to change songs on his iPod in his black Mercedes CLC 180 sport car when the accident happened.

Born in Sheffield, Robertson joined his hometown club Sheffield United as a trainee but has spent much of his career on loan to various other clubs, including Torquay United, Northampton Town, Oldham Athletic, Sheffield United's Hungarian sister club Ferencvaros and most recently League Two side Bury.

Not exactly big time but drives a 20k+ car

I like Jim's posts generally (for a fudder :biggrin: ) but this is the best I've seen from him, ever.

It's spot on. The lack of fight from the players is frightening and is what will take us down. Never have I felt more like they're not fit to wear the shirt - and that includes the days of De Bilde and Wim Jonk.

In short: Dear Players. You're a flippingdisgrace.

I like Jim's posts generally (for a fudder :biggrin: ) but this is the best I've seen from him, ever.

It's spot on. The lack of fight from the players is frightening and is what will take us down. Never have I felt more like they're not fit to wear the shirt - and that includes the days of De Bilde and Wim Jonk.

In short: Dear Players. You're a flippingdisgrace.

I agree with some of that, but not the bit comparing them to De Bilde etc. That mob bled us dry, and had genuine ability, many of whom were full, established internationals. I just think the current team arn't good enough, as well as not having a great deal of bottle. along with zero confidence.

Not just us though

Jordan Robertson was jailed for 32 months after he admitted causing death by dangerous driving. Photograph: Andrew Matthews/Empics Sport

A Championship footballer who killed a father of five in a crash on Christmas Day started a 32-month jail sentence today.

He later told police he had been trying to change songs on his iPod in his black Mercedes CLC 180 sport car when the accident happened.

Born in Sheffield, Robertson joined his hometown club Sheffield United as a trainee but has spent much of his career on loan to various other clubs, including Torquay United, Northampton Town, Oldham Athletic, Sheffield United's Hungarian sister club Ferencvaros and most recently League Two side Bury.

Not exactly big time but drives a 20k+ car

I had one of those -the one time in my life I made the mistake of getting a half decent car. A truly hateful, revolting and dull lump of German metal - I gave it back to my company and bought a car from ebay for 800 quid instead which is 10 times the car the CLC was.

:happy: