Really pissed off....

Guest Manwithastick

I didn't say a lot on the way out - and it was because I was just so incredibly touched at the gesture from the Cardiff fans. Even on the coach going through the streets on the way to the motorway their fans were applauding us - and rightly bloody so. We were quite simply awesome yesterday.

Just 1% of our effort and commitment from the players yesterday and Im sure we would be enjoying our cornflakes this morning. I HATE these players with a passion - with odd exceptions. Spurr, Beevers, Purse, Nolan, Grant, O'Connor. Players who put in a shift week in, week out. Unfortunately 6 in a side isnt good enough when we are playing teams withh 11 players.

All credit to them trying, but they need to be good enough as well. Andy Booth, Ashley Westwood, etc, etc all tried hard. But the bottom line is the quality has not been there and that's why we've had little sucess over the past 10 - 15 years.

Guest Deleted member

All credit to them trying, but they need to be good enough as well. Andy Booth, Ashley Westwood, etc, etc all tried hard. But the bottom line is the quality has not been there and that's why we've had little sucess over the past 10 - 15 years.

If they are given the shirt and sent out to play - whether they are good enough or not - the least they can do is give it their all.

Thats my point.

Guest Manwithastick

First of all I don't believe this is a good post, and it's full of misinformation. If anyone listened to the telephone interview with Nick Parker on BBC Radio Sheffield, the investment amount we're looking at is circa £20m. This would get the investor(s) around 86 percent of the club, with the remaining 14 percent owned by the remaining shareholders.

well no doubt we'll see when it's put to the shareholders. I was going to say that it won't really matter as they'll have weighed in the proxies of GH/KA and DA, but will DA vote? He didn't at the AGM (some suggest he can't as it displays a conflict of interest).

Wednesdayites shareholding will no doubt be voted for as i think it will be the democratic wish of their members. If the figure being invested (ie put in) is £20mil then fine, aye from me. But if (as i suspect) it's more like £5mil being put in then i'll want to know

why that deal couldn't be put to the existing shareholding.

Instead of inviting fans to email notes of encouragment to the players, just stick this up in the dressing room. As mentioned, there are a few notable exceptions in the team that come out with some credit this year.

It's how the majority of fans feel.

Great post, but I do fear for the atmosphere next Sunday if Palace win Monday night. I was at Coventry a few years ago, watching the most spineless team we have ever had lose 4-1.

If Palace don't win, we need to draw a line at 9.50pm on Monday night, and give this team huge support and encouragment for 1 more week, and put everything else to one side.

If they are given the shirt and sent out to play - whether they are good enough or not - the least they can do is give it their all.

Thats my point.

When we have no ther options what can you do!

We need to get scouting for young cheap players again like we did under Sturrock.

What's the point in getting depressed or angry about stuff? It's not going to change anything.

Because unlike the players the fans would rather help and change things themselves?

I'd rather be in League One with healthy and progressive fan investment than treading water in The Championship waiting for Americans to admit their potless.

First of all I don't believe this is a good post, and it's full of misinformation. If anyone listened to the telephone interview with Nick Parker on BBC Radio Sheffield, the investment amount we're looking at is circa £20m. This would get the investor(s) around 86 percent of the club, with the remaining 14 percent owned by the remaining shareholders.

I've heard it's 1million and they will get full control and merge us with the pigs. Until jims, yours or my theorys are proven then mine has as much weight as yours and his. They can say all they want but until it happens it's all just unfounded rumour. I remember other people saying stuff on the radio that hasn't happened yet. What else didn't you like about his post apart from that?

Great post

I'll continue to be fully behind LS & AI but some time soon we have to start making progress.

More likely than not we'll be starting from League 1. Clear the poo out and then it is all down to LS & AI

I would not consider renewing the contracts of

Clarke

Jeffers

Esajas

Simek

Gray

Sodje

I don't rate McAllister but at least he tries and if we go down then he may be worth keeping, if we stay up I'd get rid.

I can't wait to give Clarke, Jeffers and Esajas the send off they deserve next Sunday. Even if we manage to get EE's 1 decent performance in 15 and he scores a 30 yard goal to keep us up I would still flip him off.

Try and offload Tudgay as well as he obviously doesn't give a poo . He'll probably end up with Laws at Burnley and the two of them deserve each other.

Simek and Gray have been great pro's for us but it's over for Frankie by the looks of it and Gray is just about ready to jack it in. If the others listed above had the same attitude as these two we would be clear by now.

Guest bigandy

Agree with all you've said there. Wednesdayites were fantastic yesterday and like you say, if we the players had put half the effort in we did we would have won that.

As for Leon Clarke please flip off you big fat useless waste of space. What the flip was all that about at the final whistle? How you had the nerve to look like you were actually hurting after the sh!t you have served up this season. Well Leon I've got news for you, if you had the decency to turn round and thank the people who pay your wages, people who follow you and your team mates up and down the country week in week out, from flipping Blackpool on an absolutley freezing tuesday night in january to flipping Ipswich on a saturday night to Watford on a friday night, both games which we could easily sit at home and watch on sky and not worry about how much its going to cost and how we're going to get home, YOU WOULD HAVE SEEN WHAT HURT AND PAIN REALLY LOOKS LIKE, I hope to flip you never pull on the wednesday shirt again.

P.S Purse and Esajas both came over to applaud the fans at the end too

Brilliant post. Don't agree with the not going any more part though, if you were serious about that I envy that you can just flick off a switch and stop going to the matches.

But if you listen / read what LS has to say, the fans ARE somewhat to blame for our predicament.......

Anyone who blames us should automatically have their opinion on everything voided forever.

Something that will be interesting next season, is that despite our decade of dross we've still maintained a 20-25k average (those being the hardcore who go just because we're Wednesday, and whose attendance at the matches isn't based on our team being any good), so I'm curious to see whether this utter disgraceful shambles of a season will have killed off some of the hardcore, people who've followed us for decades who might've just hit their breaking point in regards to paying money to have their football team take the wee wee out of them.

Great post.

Responsibility for this disaster of a season is collective, from Chairman to managers, to players.

The only ones who emerge with real credit are the fans.

That said, once we are over the anger, we have to pick ourselves up, and start again.

Hopefully, the club are already planning for next season, and when it's communicated to us, it needs to be inspiring, and 'ignite the passion'.

Guest Deleted member

I was at Coventry a few years ago, watching the most spineless team we have ever had lose 4-1.

I remember that - not helped by the fact that Roland Nilsson was managing them... a whole second half of chanting the names of Wednesday legends at the team.

When we have no ther options what can you do!

We need to get scouting for young cheap players again like we did under Sturrock.

When we have no other options - the lease we can expect is 110% effort and commitment from people being well paid to wear the blue and white

Guest intercity0wl

Because unlike the players the fans would rather help and change things themselves?

I'd rather be in League One with healthy and progressive fan investment than treading water in The Championship waiting for Americans to admit their potless.

Must admit im beggining to see things a little this way myself, after all the league One part of it looks like its could be confirmed soon..

Guest Deleted member

To be fair, that's the first time he's managed to find space all season.

He also looks more mobile than usual.

what was telling for me - was that not one of our players approached him - they walked past him and left the field