Really pissed off....

Guest Manwithastick

how do we get the message across to the club that we want players that will fight for our team, players who give a $#it...HOW?, 'cos this has gone on for far too long...WE MUST NEVER EVER HAVE ANOTHER SET OF SPINELESS, BOTTLING 8A$TARDS AGAIN...

Edited by dnhc

Guest anstonowls

LS seems extremely unreceptive to fan investment.

Perhaps because it would mean ripping up his business plan?

I'd love to have a crack at it - get a fan association to liase with the Co-Op with an aim to arrange a finance deal for wannabee investors.

I absolutely agree with you about the fans taking over the club. I think Lee Strafford is going down the wrong street with bringing investment in from the USA. Look what has happened at Liverpool and Man Utd. I am not one bit bothered if it upsets Lees business plan, I am totally cheesed off with hearing about it, Lee turned me off a long time ago. Generating income streams through streaming matches on the internet, cutting out the TV, is the bit I agree with Lee about.

I agree with a stadium to be used for the whole community, not just classrooms. But there is enough money in football, without begging for money from the government. It is about time the salaries of football players was reduced.

I once went to a ice hockey match once at the arena and the atmosphere was so fake, that I never went again. Perhaps we ought to look at bring safe style standing bank to Hilsborough, so that we can have our game back.

It is about time the game returned to the people.

I think everyone from fans to LS will be hurting today. Us fans gave it our all yesterday and never stopped singing.

The only people who can do anything in regards of league is the players and they dont clearly give a flip. Some of them do but thats not enough we need them as a team to give a flip.

Im hope that West Brom win on Monday night so those players have one last chance to give something back to the fans like keeping us in this league before they go. We gave them a chance to play for SWFC now all we ask is one more win (*depending on Monday Nights result). 3 points. If they cant even do that i hope they suffer at a league 2 club or dont find a team!

Guest intercity0wl

Well i've woken up a whole lot angrier than i went to bed. And i'm flippingsick of the whole shower from top to botttom.

-----

LS - i like Lee a lot, he knows this. I like his enthusiasm and am humbled by his commitment and effort. However he's on a learning curve and i don't think he's learnt quick enough. Our publicly proclaimed targets are ridiculous. The spats are unseemly and often

unwarrented and wide of teh mark. And whilst (if last weeks reports are accurate) he and NP may have finally sorted a complete deal structure, i reckon it will also massively sell the club short. If 'investors' are allowed to pick up SWFC for £5mil as i know lots of you

will have heard then i think thats a flippingdisgrace. £5mil?!?!?! That's 1000 fans with £5k. I reckon i could rustle that up. Why not give the fans a chance to do the deal if thats the kind of money we're looking for? No plan B (or is it C/D/E)?

BL - lost the plot and had to go. And i said consistantly from day 1 of his appointment that he wasn't good enough for SWFC. Lots of suggestion (from sources that the usual ultra pro club crowd on here would consider cast iron) that he completely destroyed the team

morale and lacked professionalism.

AI - i was critical when he was appointed but was pleased with his initial point surge. However his last 15 games have been some of the worst football i've ever had the misfortune to witness. We lack in EVERY department and he has done nothing to change it - even

the things he's in a position to change - confidence/style/enthusiasm/dynanism. I'm sure he'll be given time whatever happens but unless he has a bang on the head and completely changes everything about his footbal/management style I for one will not be bothering

to watch that awful bland long ball poo (certainly not in div 3).

THE PLAYERS - And here is where i'm truely un-workable off this morning. An utter shower of poo poo from top to bottom. And yesterday just summed it all up. No urgency, no fight, no bugger that cared. We were awesome yesterday - THE FANS THAT IS - absolutely flipping

brilliant from the moment we started to stream into the stadium. I commented to a few people that 'if the team are half as up for it as the fans then we'll be fine'. And we stood and sang our hearts out. We didn't stop even when that set of lazy useles twats managed to concede

twice almost straight from the kick off - the stuffing should have been knocked out of us but NO, our racket refused to be quietened.

And this really made me realise that i don't rumbleing care anymore. Because they don't care. With the exception of Tommy Spurr and Mark Beevers (both of the acadamy, no coincidence) none of them came over to acknowledge our efforts after the game. Now both TS and MB had

poor games yesterday, and both will have felt drained and flat but they at least made the effort. Leon Clarke - what the flip were you doing? Sat with your back to us having a William Gallas breakdown. Were you expecting us to start chanting your name? Because it didn't happen,

did it Leon? NO. And that's because you epitomise everything that's rotten about SWFC. You (along with the vast majority of the squad) are more than capable of performing at this level but for whatever reason you don't. Well i've had enough. Just roger off. take Franny, E10, micky,

Suarez and the rest of the out of contract/loanee wasters and roger OFF. Don't darken the doors of S6 again, because if you do i'm going to boo you for 90 minutes solid, if i bother to turn up to watch. Infact as my ST is not yet purchased the only thing that will induce to renew now

is a commitment after we're relegated (tuesday morning if needs be) that NONE of those players will be resigned. And an admission from AI that his football at the end of this season has been awful (i'll let him use the excuse of this disinterested shower as he makes the commitment

to show them ALL the door) and that he'll assemble a squad of hungry enthusiastic players that will commit to playing FOOTBALL. And if LS/NP can't deliver a deal VERY soon then they should commit to start talking with fans groups about putting the deal structure to them. If we can't do

that then i'll take my ball home for a while(and i won't be alone. good luck to those of you who no doubt will shoot me down in a show of chest thumping WAWAW).

And so to the point, the thing that made me realise that this season has been so very one sided, that we as fans have gone way beyond what should be required of us whilst those lucky enough to be paid thousands to pull on the shirt have failed week in week out to even just give a

poo poo. After the players had left the pitch (for some it was the most enthusiastic thing they'd done all afternoon), we THE FANS were faced with filing out and starting the 5 hour journey home. We'd just seen our team almost certainly relegated and then watched the vast majority of them

flip off down the tunnel without even acknowledging the fact that we existed. And so we started to leave before the Cardiff players could return to thank their fans for a great season. And what happened? ROW UPON ROW OF CARDIFF FANS STOOD AND TURNED TO US AND

STARTED TO APPLAUD. THOUSANDS OF THEM STOOD AND CLAPPED US AS WE LEFT THEIR STADIUM. BECAUSE THEY COULD SEE WHAT OUR BUNCH OF PRIMA DONNA FUCKSTICKS CAN'T - WE DON'T DESERVE THIS. A BUNCH OF FANS FROM A DIFFERENT

COUNTRY FFS. THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE EVEN GIVEN A throw ABOUT US - THEY HAD REACHING THE PLAYOFFS TO CELEBRATE - BUT INSTEAD THEY RECOGNISED OUR EFFORTS AND ACKNOWLEDGED THEM.

rant over. and i feel a little better for it. let the roasting (yawn) commence.

Superb post, the only thing i disagree with is the bit that most of this bunch are more than capable of playing at this level.

They would struggle to compete in league one, and i had better not hear anything along the lines of giving them the chance to make up for this seasons mistakes next season, Clear the decks whatever happens over the next seven days.

Great OP, i couldnt make it to Cardiff yesterday, but i share the pain of all of you that did.

I'm praying for the day we can get rid of our spineless, cr@p, overpaid players, i truely hate em for letting the best fans in the country down so badly.

Well i've woken up a whole lot angrier than i went to bed. And i'm flippingsick of the whole shower from top to botttom.

-----

LS - i like Lee a lot, he knows this. I like his enthusiasm and am humbled by his commitment and effort. However he's on a learning curve and i don't think he's learnt quick enough. Our publicly proclaimed targets are ridiculous. The spats are unseemly and often

unwarrented and wide of teh mark. And whilst (if last weeks reports are accurate) he and NP may have finally sorted a complete deal structure, i reckon it will also massively sell the club short. If 'investors' are allowed to pick up SWFC for £5mil as i know lots of you

will have heard then i think thats a flippingdisgrace. £5mil?!?!?! That's 1000 fans with £5k. I reckon i could rustle that up. Why not give the fans a chance to do the deal if thats the kind of money we're looking for? No plan B (or is it C/D/E)?

BL - lost the plot and had to go. And i said consistantly from day 1 of his appointment that he wasn't good enough for SWFC. Lots of suggestion (from sources that the usual ultra pro club crowd on here would consider cast iron) that he completely destroyed the team

morale and lacked professionalism.

AI - i was critical when he was appointed but was pleased with his initial point surge. However his last 15 games have been some of the worst football i've ever had the misfortune to witness. We lack in EVERY department and he has done nothing to change it - even

the things he's in a position to change - confidence/style/enthusiasm/dynanism. I'm sure he'll be given time whatever happens but unless he has a bang on the head and completely changes everything about his footbal/management style I for one will not be bothering

to watch that awful bland long ball poo (certainly not in div 3).

THE PLAYERS - And here is where i'm truely un-workable off this morning. An utter shower of poo poo from top to bottom. And yesterday just summed it all up. No urgency, no fight, no bugger that cared. We were awesome yesterday - THE FANS THAT IS - absolutely flipping

brilliant from the moment we started to stream into the stadium. I commented to a few people that 'if the team are half as up for it as the fans then we'll be fine'. And we stood and sang our hearts out. We didn't stop even when that set of lazy useles twats managed to concede

twice almost straight from the kick off - the stuffing should have been knocked out of us but NO, our racket refused to be quietened.

And this really made me realise that i don't rumbleing care anymore. Because they don't care. With the exception of Tommy Spurr and Mark Beevers (both of the acadamy, no coincidence) none of them came over to acknowledge our efforts after the game. Now both TS and MB had

poor games yesterday, and both will have felt drained and flat but they at least made the effort. Leon Clarke - what the flip were you doing? Sat with your back to us having a William Gallas breakdown. Were you expecting us to start chanting your name? Because it didn't happen,

did it Leon? NO. And that's because you epitomise everything that's rotten about SWFC. You (along with the vast majority of the squad) are more than capable of performing at this level but for whatever reason you don't. Well i've had enough. Just roger off. take Franny, E10, micky,

Suarez and the rest of the out of contract/loanee wasters and roger OFF. Don't darken the doors of S6 again, because if you do i'm going to boo you for 90 minutes solid, if i bother to turn up to watch. Infact as my ST is not yet purchased the only thing that will induce to renew now

is a commitment after we're relegated (tuesday morning if needs be) that NONE of those players will be resigned. And an admission from AI that his football at the end of this season has been awful (i'll let him use the excuse of this disinterested shower as he makes the commitment

to show them ALL the door) and that he'll assemble a squad of hungry enthusiastic players that will commit to playing FOOTBALL. And if LS/NP can't deliver a deal VERY soon then they should commit to start talking with fans groups about putting the deal structure to them. If we can't do

that then i'll take my ball home for a while(and i won't be alone. good luck to those of you who no doubt will shoot me down in a show of chest thumping WAWAW).

And so to the point, the thing that made me realise that this season has been so very one sided, that we as fans have gone way beyond what should be required of us whilst those lucky enough to be paid thousands to pull on the shirt have failed week in week out to even just give a

poo poo. After the players had left the pitch (for some it was the most enthusiastic thing they'd done all afternoon), we THE FANS were faced with filing out and starting the 5 hour journey home. We'd just seen our team almost certainly relegated and then watched the vast majority of them

flip off down the tunnel without even acknowledging the fact that we existed. And so we started to leave before the Cardiff players could return to thank their fans for a great season. And what happened? ROW UPON ROW OF CARDIFF FANS STOOD AND TURNED TO US AND

STARTED TO APPLAUD. THOUSANDS OF THEM STOOD AND CLAPPED US AS WE LEFT THEIR STADIUM. BECAUSE THEY COULD SEE WHAT OUR BUNCH OF PRIMA DONNA FUCKSTICKS CAN'T - WE DON'T DESERVE THIS. A BUNCH OF FANS FROM A DIFFERENT

COUNTRY FFS. THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE EVEN GIVEN A throw ABOUT US - THEY HAD REACHING THE PLAYOFFS TO CELEBRATE - BUT INSTEAD THEY RECOGNISED OUR EFFORTS AND ACKNOWLEDGED THEM.

rant over. and i feel a little better for it. let the roasting (yawn) commence.

Great post mate. I wish I was there... Should have been really but I couldn't get down there.

Re fans ownership wrecking the business plan ; What flippingbusiness plan? Its in tatters floating down the river don! The "plan" for next season was a "push for the play offs" backed by 18K season ticket holders!

Cant recall it mentioning it was the play offs FOR the championship or that there would be only half that number of sts. IF the real figure is £5m then it will be a disgrace if the fans arent given the first chance to raise that. but seriously what difference would £5m make to the long term future of the club.

Instead of inviting fans to email notes of encouragment to the players, just stick this up in the dressing room. As mentioned, there are a few notable exceptions in the team that come out with some credit this year.

It's how the majority of fans feel.

Great post, but I do fear for the atmosphere next Sunday if Palace win Monday night. I was at Coventry a few years ago, watching the most spineless team we have ever had lose 4-1.

If Palace don't win, we need to draw a line at 9.50pm on Monday night, and give this team huge support and encouragment for 1 more week, and put everything else to one side.

Correct

Top post, and I've been waiting for a post like this to make a post of my own - I know some people have a perception of me as an attention seeker so starting my own thread about something personal to me would be inviting people to have a pop, so replying here gives me the ideal opportunity.

A brief introduction - In the summer of 2004 I contracted an illness and although I fully recovered, the after effects were far more damaging and left me with anxiety issues meaning I couldn't lead a normal life. Going to football matches, even those at Hillsborough, was impossible for me, and it broke my heart to not be able to go, being a season ticket holder since the age of 9 and an away season ticket holder since 13. Not being able to go to matches was one of the more depressing issues I had to deal with that year, especially seeing as Wednesday were having a good year in League 1 under Paul Sturrock.

I was in Kivo club watching our away play-off semi with Brentford and although I was delighted we won, I was tinged with a bit of sadness at the thought of not being able to go to the final. As it was, my dad gave me a good pep talk about how I might never get the chance to go to a match like this again, and persuaded me to talk to my GP about a temporary solution to my problem to enable me to go.

And so on 29th May 2005 I, along with 40,000 fellow Wednesdayites, made the long trip to Cardiff, doped up on tranquilisers and valium. My dad drove, and getting past Junction 30 of the M1 was the furthest i'd been in a year, but amazingly enough I made it to Cardiff. I took in the atmosphere, feeling a little guilty that i'd not been there all season and turning up for the final. About an hour before kick off I had the biggest panic attack of my life. Feelings I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy flooding through my brain, convinced my heart rate was getting so high I was going to have a heart attack. What the hell am I doing here? This far from the safety of home? All for a football match?

After a gruelling half an hour the attack passed and I managed to make it into the ground. Now I was watching the Wednesday again I was relaxed, nervous only about the outcome of the match. Delighted when JPM scored our opener, in despair when we went behind, delighted again when MacLean's penalty went in. When Drew Talbot rounded the keeper, my mind went in slow motion, seeing him slot the ball home, I instantly burst into tears, as did my dad. I'd never see him cry, and I knew it was because not only had Wednesday won, but i'd been able to be there with him.

On the way home I was as calm as a Hindu cow. Passing Wednesdayites up the motorway, cruising in the late Spring air, loving every minute of it. I felt like Wednesdayt were back, we'd hit rock bottom and we were heading back to the top again. It spurred me on to get a season ticket for the following season. I've been to just about every home match since then, and another few away games with my dad, suffering a fair bit on the way health-wise, but my love for Wednesday has surpassed that. As an example, last week against United I had to stand on the Crows nest as my usual ST seat was too crowded for me in such a busy crowd - I still managed it though and I'll have to go through it again next Sunday.

After going through all that, it seems Wednesday are again going backwards, and on the verge of relegation BACK to League 1. I'm absolutely heartbroken, this wasn't meant to happen. We've suffered so much over the last decade, and now it's about to get even worse, just when we thought we'd seen the light at the end of the tunnel. It was meant to be that we'd be in the Premier League soon after that play-off win. It hasn't happened, even with a passionate Wednesdayite like Lee Strafford in charge. I just can't believe it. That day in Cardiff, the greatest personal achievement in my whole life, was for nothing. And i'll never EVER forgive certain players for taking that from me.

If we do go down, i'll again be sat on the Kop, but knowing full well if we somehow manage to get to a play-off final I won't be able to be there. I just hope the players at the club know that each and every single Wednesdayite has a story like mine, that they have massively let down so many people this season. The history of this club is magnificent, and I consider it a huge disrespect that the likes of Leon Clarke, Francis Jeffers and Etienne Esajas will go down in the history books as having played for our club. I'm so deflated, as I know everyone is, because this just wasn't meant to happen. I still maintain we have the best fans in the world, and we do not deserve what we've had to put up with in recent years. Karma says we'll get our reward for being so loyal. Unfortunately, it seems our reward has never been further away.

It's a bit of a rant, but I had to get it off my chest.

Edited by KivoOwl