All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Got to try and get Leyton Palmer to do that to Chansiri whilst he's in the bath!
  3. If we really are in detailed takeover talks, the club could be costing DC between £10M & £20M a year to finance, so quibbling over £40M now, when DC will be required to put his hands even deeper into his pockets this summer, to provide us with the players to get us up, or keep us up again next season, seems silly. Some possible buyers out there could have watched DC chucking millions away over the past few years and simply keep asking him if he would rather keep doing that, or sell 51% of the club to them, with an agreed sum for the other 49% on promotion to the prem, or sell up now and have a relaxing life, starting this summer. Who knows, or cares right now, about what the details might involve, but £40M can soon disappear in football and Chansiri knows that only too well. Also, it can't be much fun for the big daft lad to travel long distance from Thailand to get slagged off by his hordes of bad customers, who still, at the end of every season, expect him to stump up his family's hard earned millions to fund the running of a sports team involved in a sport he still knows Fanny Adams about! If somebody gets as close as £40M to DC's last ridulous public valuation of the club, we will have a new owner, one way or another. OK it might be next summer, but hopefully a lot sooner.
  4. Even Xisco only lost 1-0 there - with Bakinson and Fletcher in the starting XI
  5. Easter weekend 2018, we won 3:1. I was at my caravan. Where will I be the on the day we play Sunderland.........at my caravan again! Could I be the lucky omen?
  6. Schools were shut for a few months, not for 2 years.
  7. 60/40 in West Brom’s favour I’d say…if Wednesday had a decent settled back line I’d say 50/50. I wouldn’t want to be ‘Jeremy’ Beadle trying to guess where the next defensive lapse might be happening. Personally hope Lofra plays as his pace can help cover the gaps and gaffs
  8. I would like to wish all the travelling Baggies a safe journey tomorrow and would assure them of a very warm welcome, as they take Chris Rea's route !! (those with a technical know how could add the song)
  9. Out of all the top 6, I'd rather be playing WBA tomorrow than any of the others. I really fancy us, but we need to start well and not make sloppy mistakes.
  10. We could have a home friendly before next season - you are going to have to remain on call all pre-season I'm afraid.
  11. I sincerely hope that we give Adam Reach a richly deserved warm Hillsboro welcome…if he’s playing? It wouldn’t be at all like him to bottle it…
  12. I've heard several dozen quotes from our squad members saying that we have x number of cup finals left to play, so I think our players will be well prepared. Unfortunately most football teams have somebody at the club that focuses on the psychological side of the game and most of them did the same coaching course, read the same books etc, so I am guessing that WBA players will be similarly well prepared. They need a win to guarantee their play off spot, so they will be fired up for it too. If Danny and the coaching team can prepare our players the way they did for our last game, the players get the right blend of defence v attack, we get some good finishing (or own/soft goals), good refereeing decisions and heroic defending, then yes there are lots of ways we can beat West Brom. West Brom were not convincing against us at their place and won by the smallest of margins when we were still playing like a pub team, so let's have them tomorrow. We know that any game can tip one way or the other, but I just have that feeling right now, like a lot of Wednesdayites do, that we've done this kind of thing before, that these players have done it before, and with all the fans at Hillsborough roaring them on and with a foreign football psychologist, who may have a slightly different approach, we might just be better prepared and have a few things going for us that West Brom don't. Rising to the occasion is definitely something that us Owls are good at. I think we will find ways to tip the balance in our favour tomorrow and find a way to win the game. UTO!
  13. You missed out Wrexham, the new Liverpool. How could you !
  14. Pretty chilled tbf. Not sure why. Not that I'm massively confident or anything, just kind of at peace with what will be will. It's been such an odd season that anything could happen really.
  1. Load more activity