Fire extinguisher incident

Hopefully then the transport police will take appropriate action. So those involved will get a harshly worded letter and a fine they won't pay. Therefore they wouldn't dare do anything similar in future.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, lukeyswfc said:

Doesn’t take much for a few to ruin it for the many.

No thought for anyone else, but they got a laugh and some social media attention so they won’t care.

As you mention it's all about the social media gratification for these idiots and younger people in wider society as a whole. Kids desperate for that 5 minutes of fame on Twitter, Tik Tok or Facebook. No consideration for fellow Wednesday fans or any poor sod unlucky enough to be on their train. 

Similar thing with letting off pyros at half time on the concourses - sea of phones in the air with scarfs over their mouth cos they can't breathe!

Maybe I'm just too old now but I don't get it - surely there are better ways to create an atmosphere than extinguishing a train conductor?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jamsandwich said:

we have to police ourselves. Everyone on the train has a responsibility to shame the idiots.

After you fella!

44 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

LADS LADS LADS INNIT 

Thoughtless bellends init. 

I just cannot believe that someone thought it was a "jolly" to fire off an extinguisher on a train. If I'd seen him..... Ffs!!! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jamsandwich said:

we have to police ourselves. Everyone on the train has a responsibility to shame the idiots.

I understand your sentiment but not everyone is able to take a stand against a group of lads that probably wouldn't think twice about stamping on your head, even if you support the same club.

Surely it's the BTPs job.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Bedford Owl said:

It’s embarrassing. I was on the train and we did get to Blackburn, just 35 minutes later than scheduled. 

I was at the other end of the train so didn’t see the incident though. 

Same…. we got an uber just as the train started up again😆 Saw 350 sheep 25 farmers 6 doggers and 7 horses on the way, not one pub. Wankashire

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, maidstoneowl said:

Drinking since breakfast time, by lunchtime common assault on low grade train staff is just fine, "we woz pizzed mert" etc.

For some lads getting inebriated is more important than the match sadly many clubs have them.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, SnowyOwl13 said:

Not seen it on here, but you've probably seen on the internet that some of fans used a fire extinguisher on a conductor on the train, causing it to be stopped and a decent number of fans didn't make it to the match because of it.

It's another crappy incident to be involved with, but found it concerning I saw this on these viral Football Twitter accounts that made it out to be fun and games, and not a bunch of prats being massive prats, letting football fans down as a whole. 

It felt like for a while, there was movement to treat football fans as human beings again. Safe standing was being introduced, there was debate growing on if alcohol could be allowed in the stands again. But since the return from the pandemic, it feels like football fans as a whole, and we are part of this, have slipped back into some bad old habits which are letting us all down.

I was on that train, absolutely pathetic and I hope they all got locked up.

I gave it 5 mins then hopped off and went and got a cab from where it happened at Bolton, luckily only lost half an hour and £18 on a taxi.

Some people are just not capable of going out without acting like a grade a tail 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

Im railway worker and its all too common of a weekend where football and booze or just booze is involved…Since Covid, staff have to put up with dogs abuse

The Covid angle is interesting and I agree, on other fronts /public service workers.

Why, in your opinion, do you think this happened?