Ross Wallace

Offered us absolutely NOTHING last night, yet somehow stayed on the pitch for 90 minutes.

Wasteful in possession when he had, can't seem to take a man on and just looked, in general, disinterested.

Boyd must be wondering what he has to do to get a game.

1 minute ago, owlZfan84 said:

Offered us absolutely NOTHING last night, yet somehow stayed on the pitch for 90 minutes.

Wasteful in possession when he had, can't seem to take a man on and just looked, in general, disinterested.

To me wallace does a good job, very rare that everyone will play well on the day, he gives us ballance, sure boyd will get his chance

• Like 1

A quite game from Wallace. 

Did what was asked though. 

Ironically looked a bit better when he went into the right side of centre midfield.

Boyd would no doubt t have got on if we weren't clearly keeping a sub held back because of the knocks Hunt had taken. 

Boyd himself was very quiet at Preston.

Two really good players to have on the books though.

Competition and cover.

Good stuff.

2 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

He did have a poor game didn't he! Misplaced a lot of passes and hardly involved second half.

Also no where near the confidence of a couple of seasons ago. Scored so many great goals from distance then, seems to hardly dare take a shot now...tho his free kick attempt perhaps illustrated why....

8 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

To give Wallace a bit of credit, I don't think that diamond shape suits his game - ends up far too central too often, when his real quality is providing width and balls into the mixer. Personally, I'd play Wallace when playing with a standard 4 in midfield and Boyd when playing the diamond.

17 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

Delivers a very good ball ,stop knocking the team enough signs to think we will be up there at the end of the season

Guest We Shall Overcome
47 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

Carvalhal's Favorite so "Gorgeous George" will have to drop his trousers!! 

Wallace is the kinda player that will do nowt all game and pop up with an absolute thunderbolt like Dave Jones last night, he's invaluable to have around for me and he will contribute over the course of the season no doubt at all 

I understand the frustration in not seeing Boyd but we've got different players that can all contribute,  both very good players for me , overall Ross Wallace has been a cracking signing for the club 

1 hour ago, owlZfan84 said:

Sign for someone else...

1 hour ago, Tapeworm said:

Doesnt look good for Boyd at this moment in time - maybe he's not one of CC's favourites.

Or maybe Boyd was invisible at Preston ,Wallace was good against Chesterfield and ok against QPR and retained his shirt. 

I think Wallace struggles to play twice a week and would expect Boyd to play on Saturday.

There were occasions last night when he was put almost clear, but he realises he no longer

has the legs and looks behind for support. I agree with an earlier poster that he might be 

better utilised as a 2nd half sub, in the alternate games he doesn't play