Marvin Emnes released. Could he be worth a punt for Owls?

Swansea have released Marvin Emnes. He is a winger or striker with a decent turn of speed. He has recently been on loan at Blackburn. It was his shot that hit the bar and bounced on the line (though some think with goal line technology it would have been allowed) in the last few minutes at Hillsborough. He also had a goal incorrectly disallowed against us late on in the game at Blackburn. Is he worth a punt?

Done well whilst on loan at Blackburn. I can see why he'd get a mention. He's certainly not crap or a poor footballer by any stretch of the imagination. 

It would be a no from me. He's not an out and out winger/wide midfielder. He's more of a striker thats been shunted out to the left to do a job. 

I think we need something a bit different. I'd be looking someone like Nathan Dyer at Swansea. Rapid, good solid footballer. Something a bit different to what we have already. Other than that, someone in the ilk of a Ross Wallace that has good delivery. 

Edited by ramone

Must be looking at better to progress. I'm pretty sure if that was an area that Carlos or a new man is looking to strengthen then a hungrier player is a must. Didn't do much at Boro and his goal return was that poor he was then classed as a wide forward. Ditto at Swansea and being shipped out on loan to Blackburn is no great selling point.