Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

19 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Sorry I shouldnt have openend this particular can of worms...

As the championship is ultra competitive, the stupid money spent everywhere, and with at least 6 managers with the same remit i think its going to be tough for us to simply waltz into the top two in the first couple of months, regardless of who we have in our squad..id love to be wrong but im not sure its realistic.

Some impatient fans will start voicing their opinion in the first month or two as theyre still bitter from last season..

The whole championship is mental now...only 3 managers will succeed and get through the golden gates..and 90 percent of the rest will have to pay with their job...its just an ugly and cold business now and a lot of the heart is being taken out of it..jumpers for goalposts

Thats why you never look a gift horse in the mouth.

Had someone said all you had to do to get promoted was beat Huddersfield over 2 legs and beat Reading in the final we'd have all thought Christmas had come early.

This year will be much harder.

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I'm surprised and disappointed that he hasn't come out of his annual winter freeze to bless us with his presence this summer

He must've found something better or more important to do like dancing, surfing or planning to take over the world? :ph34r:

40 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Just heard we are signing Stewart Downing who was on 30k+ at Boro.

Personally I hope this isn't true as I would prefer some pace in the side so we can mix it up a little but maybe it's a sign of our intent to get some better service from out wide with Boyd and Downing (who can still whip a decent ball in)? to play to Rhodes strengths.

If so, this may be up for an entry into the other thread...

5 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Thats why you never look a gift horse in the mouth.

Had someone said all you had to do to get promoted was beat Huddersfield over 2 legs and beat Reading in the final we'd have all thought Christmas had come early.

This year will be much harder.

Its happened..it happens..the unpredictability of football is why i love it.

Lets move on and look forward to the new season and keep our fingers crossed.

And all the stuff about it being harder was all said last summer.

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

If we sign Downing that is ridiculous. 

Old has been on his way down. What is CC trying to achieve here

I'm sure it's nonesense.

With Wallace, Boyd, Reach and FF, we are hardly short of quality out wide.

And that's without Bannan and Abdi, Carlos's flying wingers.

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

I'm sure it's nonesense.

With Wallace, Boyd, Reach and FF, we are hardly short of quality out wide.

And that's without Bannan and Abdi, Carlos's flying wingers.

I bloody hope it is. Crying out for some genuine pace out wide. Sign Downing and I've lost all faith if CC and what he's trying to do here. 

Please God let the Mad Doctor & Brucie have him..........

Stewart Downing is still attracting interest from Aston Villa after Gary Monk confirmed the England international can leave Middlesbrough.

Bruce previously enquired about the possibility of taking Downing on loan in January, and is set tot re-ignite his interest in the 32-year-old.

The idea that Huddersfield were a gimme is arrogant and deluded. There was basically nothing to separate the play-off teams last time around, and Reading, who finished above us, us, also only lost on penalties. 

And the previous season was "the best chance we're ever going to have" as well.

On 6/16/2017 at 12:19, Bodhidharma said:

Would be an awesome signing if true. 

Nah, i dont like him since he slagged fessi and named him a diver before the play off final... then did that dive for hull to get a pen 5 months later. Dirty mouthy ass hole...  Takes a good freekick though.