PROMOTION

Ok, not trying to get ahead of myself, but I had this niggly thought last season in the Play-Off final.

Do you think that WHEN we get promoted and once the initial hysteria and excitement has died down, that it will all be worth it, as fans?

I mean, we all desperately want us to go up, back in the Prem, but once there do you think it will be a case of a huge anti-climax?

Do you think the fans of Middlesborough as an example are enjoying it as much as they thought they would?

What would we, as fans, be happy with next season if we went up? Would we all be grumbling and moaning if we for example had a season like Boro? Barely scoring/winning playing defensively? I dunno, I just have this bad feeling that once there, it wont be all its cracked up to be.

Oh, HAPPY EASTER lol

I get the sentiment of the op, ultimately football is enjoyed most when you win games. Hence why I enjoyed the two league 1 promotion seasons ahead of all of the prem seasons after 93/94. 

I loved the laws season when we finished 9th after a terrible start and enjoyed it way more than say 9899 under Wilson when we finished lower mid table in the prem.

when we go up it will be no different. 

Going up can be painful as fans I'm sure but the financial reward for the club coupled with the exposure to an international fan base make it a no brainer.

I think we could make a go of it, we have a more than capable strike force and keeper. With strengthening we could compete away from the bottom end.

Watford is more our style than borough i think.

The gap between the premier and championship has narrowed in recent seasons, i think the gap between championship and league 1 has grown. Our neighbours may have more to worry about than us, time will tell.

Ok, not trying to get ahead of myself, but I had this niggly thought last season in the Play-Off final.

Do you think that WHEN we get promoted and once the initial hysteria and excitement has died down, that it will all be worth it, as fans?

I mean, we all desperately want us to go up, back in the Prem, but once there do you think it will be a case of a huge anti-climax?

Do you think the fans of Middlesborough as an example are enjoying it as much as they thought they would?

What would we, as fans, be happy with next season if we went up? Would we all be grumbling and moaning if we for example had a season like Boro? Barely scoring/winning playing defensively? I dunno, I just have this bad feeling that once there, it wont be all its cracked up to be.

Oh, HAPPY EASTER lol

I'm in Middlesbrough for the weekend and the Boro fans are realists and enjoying the ride their only gripe was Karanka's lack of adventure and stifling tactics.

Next season's opening fixtures:-

Wolves

bolton

Sheffield United

burton

Derby

ipswich

or

Southampton

newcastle

Manchester United

west ham

Liverpool

West Brom

Yes.

I also think that under DC our trajectory would be up. Yes of course we may have a relegation battle first season, but I think we would become a reasonable force in the Prem with a generous, pragmatic and long-term strategy from our terrific owner.

I look at it like this. For me the championship is the best league, it's more like the football I remember as a kid back in the 70s. That's before the Money Men got involved in football and hyped everything up, although that's beginning to happen in the championship too now. I see glory seekers allover the world supporting the same 5 or 6 teams, you know, Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool etc. Doubt some of them have ever been to a game and it detracts from it. That said, the prem gets beamed all over so naturally people know the players.The trickle down effect from TV doesn't work either, never has and never will. When the Money Men began to get involved people were told it would benefit everyone, probably to try and make it sociably acceptable, but it doesn't work like that. They keep the money for themselves and keep themselves artificially at the top of the league and sod everyone else. The tickets are too expensive for me as it is, god knows what they'd be if we did get promoted. They be out of most Sheffielders' reach because the wages around here are so poor. Heard it said, that the prem could allow fans to watch for free but that won't happen.

I bet Watford fans are loving life. I'm not bothered about staying up so much as I just want the club to be financially secure without our fans bearing an increasingly heavy disproportionate burden.

Edited by TrueOwl

The parachute payments alone are worth promotion just to remain competitive if we drop back to the Championship after a season, things are going to be more and more difficult if we don't go up this year, that's the reality .

Promotion would mean the club is financially secure (as long as we are sensible).  Thats the most imporatnt thing these days. The ground would be improved and, I'm confident, would be full every week. 

And we wouldn't have to play tinpot teams like Burton, Sheffield United and , possilbly, Fleetwood Town !

We have not been there for so long that we have forgotten what it is like to be in the premier league. And being in the premier league now is a lot different to back then.

Teams like Reading who were there a few seasons back and know it would be a struggle in the top division again are happy to just go up and yoyo back down again spending as little as possible and investing the rest of it in their adjacent property development. but I think Chansiri really has ambition to kick us on to be a really big club again and will do whatever it takes to make us a reasonable force in the premier league.