PROMOTION

Ok, not trying to get ahead of myself, but I had this niggly thought last season in the Play-Off final.

Do you think that WHEN we get promoted and once the initial hysteria and excitement has died down, that it will all be worth it, as fans?

I mean, we all desperately want us to go up, back in the Prem, but once there do you think it will be a case of a huge anti-climax?

Do you think the fans of Middlesborough as an example are enjoying it as much as they thought they would?

What would we, as fans, be happy with next season if we went up? Would we all be grumbling and moaning if we for example had a season like Boro? Barely scoring/winning playing defensively? I dunno, I just have this bad feeling that once there, it wont be all its cracked up to be.

Oh, HAPPY EASTER lol

Never thought it's been cracked up to be much these days.

Guess it's a case of reaching the top level of the football infrastructure we're part of.

I would sincerely hope no one is expecting Sheffield Wednesday to tear up the premier league any time soon after being promoted...

Edited by slinger208b
Typo

Ok, not trying to get ahead of myself, but I had this niggly thought last season in the Play-Off final.

Do you think that WHEN we get promoted and once the initial hysteria and excitement has died down, that it will all be worth it, as fans?

I mean, we all desperately want us to go up, back in the Prem, but once there do you think it will be a case of a huge anti-climax?

Do you think the fans of Middlesborough as an example are enjoying it as much as they thought they would?

What would we, as fans, be happy with next season if we went up? Would we all be grumbling and moaning if we for example had a season like Boro? Barely scoring/winning playing defensively? I dunno, I just have this bad feeling that once there, it wont be all its cracked up to be.

Oh, HAPPY EASTER lol

It certainly won't be easy if we go up Trev but given a choice of staying in the Championship or a play off final win at Wembley & swapping the likes of Rotherham, Burton & Wigan for Man Utd, Man City & Chelsea at Hillsborough I know which I'd go for.

I'd much rather see a team set up to play by Conte, Guardiola or Mourinho than Warnock or McCarthy.

Even if we were immediately relegated the Premiership monies & parachute payments would leave us in a much better position to get promoted again than we have been this season, plus we'd also be in a better position to consolidate in the Premier second time around. A bit like West Brom did.

I keep thinking back to a Football Manager SWFC career that went as follows:

Season 1 - Lost in play-off final

Season 2 - Didn't play as well as in season 1, but won in the play-off final

Season 3 - Just survived in Prem and won the FA Cup

I'd take Carlos replicating that career path, thanks (oh and then to go on and win every other trophy, including the Champions League by Season 10).

Back in the real world, I really don't see why we can be an established mid-table Premier League side. And surely that's got to be a zillion times better than the majority of what we've endured in the past 15 years. Sure, we'd take a few thrashings in the top flight, but it won't be as bad losing 5-1 to Man City or Arsenal as it was losing 5-1 to Exeter and Stevenage...

Football is all based on hope. Its the hope of the next shot going in.  Its the hope of snatching a victory in injury time.  Its  the hope of promotion or  winning the fa cup.

Its what keeps us going back despite the losses,  the bad performances or sheer bad luck. 

If we don't have hope of getting to the top what's the point of being a supporter?

It's the hope that kills you...

Guest BULGARIA

Oh, HAPPY EASTER lol

To the younger generation of fans getting to the prem is the only thing that matters and i understand this, but to me and my friends who have experienced it before its all a bit meh to be honest.

I for one will not be crying in my cornflakes if we dont go up.  I am more upset when we get knocked out of the F.A cup.

I can't see there being much difference to be honest. We'll still beat Arsenal and Newcastle, the Phantom trumper on the Kop will keep on trumping, and we'll still moan about the band, the catering, the ticket prices, the shirts, the referees, and everything else.

Main moan will be not having had a 3pm Saturday kick-off for 10 weeks though. Mind you, that goes without saying when it's still  July.

Guest BULGARIA

I'd be delighted if we followed the path that Stoke and WBA have taken.

I reckon that most WBA or Stoke fans, especially ones over the age of 15 wouldn't be too bothered if they returned to the championship. Just mid table every year? not for me thanks, i would rather be in a league where we can compete for the title.

Imagine staying home to watch Stoke v WBA on t.v...............i would rather jump off the empire state building into a thumb tack.