Was Benitez at the same game

tbf it isn't his job to praise us 

the sycophantic questions helped him 

I would have like to hear: 'Well you were lucky not to be 3 down at ht and Wednesday have done the deserved double over you - just how good is Carlos ?'

Just now, Mountain Owl said:

Nailed on to come straight back down unless they invest heavily of course.

I kinda disagree with this I think with Benitez they have a manager to take them back to the top half of the premier league. Like all premier league sides these days, they will spend money 

1 hour ago, Mountain Owl said:

Nailed on to come straight back down unless they invest heavily of course.

You see if you go off that performance then I'd completely agree. 

Thing is I think they have some really good players. 

They'd need additions (everyone does), but I could see them just about stopping up next season. 

Will have to play better than that though. They were quite one dimensional imo. 

Pleased op posted this as was gonna make this post myself. 

Thought he was quite arrogant actually and gave us very little praise in what was a good performance. 

I agree at half time 2-0 would have been fair and in all honesty I think they got away without a drubbing as 2-1 flattered them. 

If we make the play offs I honestly think we are the best of the sides in there now that we have our big players coming back. 

I like  the style of the metal badge that Benitez was wearing on his lapel, it reminded me of a military cap badge - designed to show ones affiliation to the cause.  We are all affiliated to the cause and should have a similar one, like the one over the main entrance, (not quite as large or we would all have double hernias and have difficulty passing through the turnstiles).

Apart from a little spell just after half time I thought Newcastle were very average if not poor. 

We should have had game won by half time. 

Goal they got was from a Westwood mistake, ruined an almost perfect performance from our keeper. 

2 hours ago, Greengrass said:

WAG's don't like the north east so every chance they will come back down.

Sunderland were quite recently thinking about locating all their training and other facilities in the SE, probably Surrey but anyway somewhere easy into London, and simply flying to the NE for home games.  They've identified location as a recruitment barrier.