Lower Leppings lane for Home Fans

53 minutes ago, yunga_swfc said:

I think you'll be surprised with the attendance, I think this will be 30k minimum 

Agree with this. I've just bought a ticket on the north for a friend and there arent many tickets. The West Lower will raise some interest i think. 30k - 31k i reckon.

34 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I remember in 1994 (I think!!) when we beat the pigs 3-1 and the upper tier was full of pig fans and the lower was full of home fans.

If we could do it then, there's no reason why we can't do it for every game.

27 minutes ago, Corneliusreeve said:

I was sat in the lep that day, did Gordon Watson score what I think was the third, my memory is going seem to remember we won 3-1?

26 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Yes, when he scored the third (in his words) he stood there "milking it" in front of the away fans!!lol

21 minutes ago, Corneliusreeve said:

Seem to remember he got through one on one, I was sat directly behind the goal everyone just went mad :ghoulguy:

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

I remember when we were in the Premier League Trevor Francis said he wanted home fans on all 4 sides of the pitch and we used to have home fans on the lower Leppings Lane end every week.

I'm actually surprised we don't do this more often.

Well the block on the end of the north and bottom of the south still be segregated?

In case any of our fans want to fight each other?

8 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

This is ridiculous.

Newcastle could only get 2.5k on SAG say so.

Yet they allow our fans in the same stand for the same game.

How does that make any sense.

Do you not think this maybe the reason Newcastle's allocation was so small? Surprised they upped it to 3.1k, guessing the side bit near the North stand will have the netting removed, to be replaced with netting/empty seats on the 1st 4 or 5 rows of seats.

1 hour ago, Ben-owl said:

Interesting thing here is that nufc have 3k + in the upper tier. With home fans on the bottom. 

Only times in recent years we have had home fans in bottom tier is when the top tier has been restricted to 2k (top half) ie. Brighton, wolves game. 

How have sag pulled this off?? 

Ps. South stand will still be netted off lol

What I don't understand is how they can come to this decision but we had a 30,000 sell out v Wolves???

What has changed in under 3 months?

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

I remember when we were in the Premier League Trevor Francis said he wanted home fans on all 4 sides of the pitch and we used to have home fans on the lower Leppings Lane end every week.

I'm actually surprised we don't do this more often.

Lets try and fill the seats in the 3 sides we occupy at the minute... Spreading 23k fans around another stand will only worsen the already dreadful atmosphere we have at Hillsborough