Thousands still outside ground

Guest mrbluesky

Another complete cuck-up by Wednesday. Arrived at Leppings Lane about 25 minutes before the game and huge queues to get into the North going all along Leppings Lane both ways. Apparently giving out the raffle tickets was the problem but many hundreds queuing at kick-off time but neither stewards or police doing anything in spite of shouts to "open the gates". Finally got into the ground at 3.10. Useless team and useless organisation at the club at present.

Did anybody actually  get any raffle tickets????

I know me and my mates didn't along with  probably  the  thousands  of others who were behind us going in the  ground.

Seems to me like the turnstile operators mates must have had pockets  full of them!!!!

Yet another total lack of organisation from the  club.

17 hours ago, Andrew Robinson said:

Another complete cuck-up by Wednesday. Arrived at Leppings Lane about 25 minutes before the game and huge queues to get into the North going all along Leppings Lane both ways. Apparently giving out the raffle tickets was the problem but many hundreds queuing at kick-off time but neither stewards or police doing anything in spite of shouts to "open the gates". Finally got into the ground at 3.10. Useless team and useless organisation at the club at present.

Useless team who've won four out of the last five.

17 hours ago, full fathom five said:

Seems to me like the turnstile operators mates must have had pockets  full of them!!!!

Yet another total lack of organisation from the  club.

As a turnstile operator I got so much abuse yesterday, F-ing and blinding that I didn't have any more raffle tickets left, completely out of my control, I was only given 300 and I let in over 450, another turnstiler only had 200 tickets and let through 550 people.

We're not to blame but the abuse was completely unwarranted, I understand that people will get annoyed but to get so aggressive to someone just doing a job is ridiculous, I could tell that some of the people abusing us had the same level of idiotic paranoia as you thinking we were stealing all the raffle tickets but it was just down to a massive underestimation from the stadium operating team.

It's just typical that people would blame the front line for all the problem just like how some fools blame migration for the failings of this country and not the tax-avoiding bosses of massive companies which pay the minimum wage.

Edited by RobbieOwler

9 minutes ago, fatbloke no1 said:

Reason why queues where so big was two fold.1 loads of turnstile operators didn't turn up yesterday.2 giving out raffle tickets ,which they didn't give us enough off,I let in 76 who didn't get one as ran out.

I can vouch for FBno1.

He told me this earlier this morning when I saw him washing his car.

Nice Fiat btw FB. Is it new?

Only us could blame the club for trying to give themselves something for nothing. 

When I turned up at 245 I honestly thought the ground had been evacuated. 

Great credit to the club and DC for the effort. Just needs fine tuning.