The ideal scenario?

Looks almost certainly like 6th place for us and a play off v 3rd place.

Top 3 scrapping it out for 2 spots. 3rd place blow automatic promotion with last kick of last game whilst we recuperate and rest players v Wolves after getting the right result v Cardiff.

We go in fresh- they go in demoralised and knackered.

Is this the ideal scenario that's unfolding?

I agree but haven't thought about it like that.

Happy that as things stand it'd be either hull or Derby in a final, but unsure on who we want to face in the semis.

Brighton look to be on form, Boro have Rhodes and Burnley have a very tight knit squad with Gray up top.

I reckon unless one of the top 3 drops some serious points it'll be Burnley 1st and the second spot decided on the final day.

Tbh I genuinely don't think it matters who we play. We will have a hell of a task whoever it is and we will be big underdogs whatever the game.

However, if we get that 6th spot I plan on enjoying seeing Wednesday in a playoff semi regardless of the result

Looks almost certainly like 6th place for us and a play off v 3rd place.

Top 3 scrapping it out for 2 spots. 3rd place blow automatic promotion with last kick of last game whilst we recuperate and rest players v Wolves after getting the right result v Cardiff.

We go in fresh- they go in demoralised and knackered.

Is this the ideal scenario that's unfolding?

Burnley will be in bits if they dont get automatic. i can see them falling apart. brighton will be tested psychologically if they let it slip now too, so we should have the mental edge over them both.

as far as play off qualification goes. if we beat derby and cardiff dont win, we're there. if we beat cardiff we're there. if we lose to cardiff but get 4 points from the other games...we're there. im pretty confident we're in the play-offs.

i want derby in the final.

We will get torn a new one at this rate.

The sides above us are getting positive results at the moment when it matters.

Somehow we've got away with it three times in a row.

The players need to regroup and Buck their ideas up.

Do we believe we can get promotion?

I'm not so sure.

What's the history regarding play offs, how many times has the side finishing 6th gone on to win? And were they the form team at the time ?

Does it really matter, it's three cup games with probably the richest prize in the world at stake !

Carls says there's no preseure on him this season, let's hope he can handle the "no pressure" play offs..

Whoever ends up in third will be devastated to not get automatics. 

I think that only applies if it's not Brighton. I think they'd be content with a play-off place as similarly to us their fans likely never expected to be where they are this season.

Middlesbrough and Burnley would be there for the taking in the play-offs.

We will get torn a new one at this rate.

The sides above us are getting positive results at the moment when it matters.

Somehow we've got away with it three times in a row.

The players need to regroup and Buck their ideas up.

Do we believe we can get promotion?

I'm not so sure.

Once we are confirmed in the play offs (hopefully) the mindset will change.

I agree, at the moment we look the weakest of the 4 sides by a distance, but that can easily change if the ball goes in off Nuhiu's backside 10 minutes into the first leg.