The worst traits of Wednesday fans

Guest shawie99

Theres thousands upon thousands of football supporters from every team who can be labelled with the above.

Moaning about football goes back years,difference now is the interweb....and money.

On 6/13/2015 at 05:12, Lord Nilsson said:

Deluded - some of the suggestions made about potential signings and managerial appointments suggest we think we are far bigger than we really are.  

Arrogant - this is linked to deluded.  We seem to think we are Barcelona or something.  People on social media saying that managers and players who would never even want to manage/play for us in a million years aren't good enough is embarrassing. We seem to think we are Man City or something.

Aggressive and rude - instead of saying 'I have reservations about this guy's managerial record', people on twitter say 'This guy isn't wanted at S6 - he can roger off!'.  If people like Big Sam/Lambert read twitter, the attitude of fans on twitter must horrify them.  It seems at times they are just attention seekers trying to be as controversial as possible.

Gullible - lots of people take as gospel any foundless rumour they read then kick off about it.

Insular and change resistant - the pitch forks come out for anyone other than a Sheffielder or an ex player.  The starting point with anyone we don't know is that they are poo .  The outcry about Gray leaving would make you think he was the messiah. Arsenal fans said Arsene who? Who'd heard of the Watford and Boro managers last year?

Drama queens - some proper drama queens - people kicking off at present like we are on the brink of admin in the fourth division. Lack of signings means we're only going to have 7 players at the start of the season.

Reading this site and social media, you'd honestly think that the majority of Wednesday fans have a screw loose!  Other fans must think we are a right set of numpties.

I don't think it is as bad as all that. 

We had a great run last season and made some moves that made a great many of us very hopeful and expectant for this season. They weren't unfounded in my humble opinion.

Then we win the opener, beating a team just sent down, with our knight in shining armor getting the winner with just a little time left. The tension, drama, was building. Then we had what looked to be a pretty easy cup match blow up in our faces. But that was ok, we had another league game coming up with another very beatable, especially if our knight got within a shout of scoring, recently demoted side.

Then he didn't show up. And somehow we drew.

He wasn't wearing shining armor after all, was he? No. More like pewter I'd say. And he'd let us down.

He apologized and we believed it was going to be ok.

And then we lost to a recently promoted team. From what I've read it seemed we weren't the only ones who weren't so sure about him anymore. Not only had we the fans had lost our faith in him, but it seemed his teammates had as well. And that carried over to the latest match as too.

I don't think too many of us have completely lost the theme but it is easy to understand anyone who might seem that way.   

And I'd say we have a reason to be somewhat upset too. 

I stated in other threads that I believe CC and Co. can right the ship. I still believe that.

UP THE OWLS!

11 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Hopeless player but puts in some effort but still ultimately not good enough = Legend

Quality/ gifted player but doesn't run all day = Lazy, get rid

At the really top clubs neither is tolerated. Really good players work hard too. There's no excuse for not putting a shift in. 

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

At the really top clubs neither is tolerated. Really good players work hard too. There's no excuse for not putting a shift in. 

Kevin Davies played for over 5 seasons with Bolton in the top flight, same scoring pedigree as Nuhiu but no where near the on-the-ball ability. 

Edited by Tommo_

1 hour ago, Maple Staple said:

Couple of wins, we're Real Mardrid

Couple of defeats, we're Real Crap

Team sponsored by Harogate cake shop - Real Betty's

Team run by your party animal father - Real Socialdad

Team split by rumours of royal family extra-marital activity - Real Zaragoesabit

.....couldn't sleep

On 13/06/2015 at 15:53, NYCOWL said:

Exactly. I despise the negativity because I think it all trickles down through the fans to the club.

It's why the gruntbags are so bad, the fans feel failure in their bones.

"Knowing our luck"

rounduns. No such thing as luck. Winners make their own luck.

Totally agree with that, real life wise, I've always subscribed to the thought the harder you work the luckier you get.

I sometimes think whatever happens some Wednesday Fans will never be happy and then when you do get a few who actually are they get shouted down by the les miserables for being happy clappers. I personally don't think this will ever change and TBH I think it's a Sheffield trait rather than it just down to being a Wednesday Fan?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

All the OP is dong is summing up humans.  We are all hypocrites, say one thing to one person say something else to another.

We have all hidden behind our computers when having a dig at someone.  

We all think  we are the expert on any particular subject and that its such a good argument we put forward it can't possibly be challenged, then get upset when Lindy comes along and blows it out off the water.

Of course none of the above refers to myself.

On 6/13/2015 at 11:15, coopswfc76 said:

Agree with most of that but can't believe people hadn't heard of Middlesbrough manager before he was appointed.

i'll hold my hand up ,i lived in spain for the last 10 years and i'd never heard of him

On 13/06/2015 at 11:12, Lord Nilsson said:

Deluded - some of the suggestions made about potential signings and managerial appointments suggest we think we are far bigger than we really are.  

Arrogant - this is linked to deluded.  We seem to think we are Barcelona or something.  People on social media saying that managers and players who would never even want to manage/play for us in a million years aren't good enough is embarrassing. We seem to think we are Man City or something.

Aggressive and rude - instead of saying 'I have reservations about this guy's managerial record', people on twitter say 'This guy isn't wanted at S6 - he can roger off!'.  If people like Big Sam/Lambert read twitter, the attitude of fans on twitter must horrify them.  It seems at times they are just attention seekers trying to be as controversial as possible.

Gullible - lots of people take as gospel any foundless rumour they read then kick off about it.

Insular and change resistant - the pitch forks come out for anyone other than a Sheffielder or an ex player.  The starting point with anyone we don't know is that they are poo .  The outcry about Gray leaving would make you think he was the messiah. Arsenal fans said Arsene who? Who'd heard of the Watford and Boro managers last year?

Drama queens - some proper drama queens - people kicking off at present like we are on the brink of admin in the fourth division. Lack of signings means we're only going to have 7 players at the start of the season.

Reading this site and social media, you'd honestly think that the majority of Wednesday fans have a screw loose!  Other fans must think we are a right set of numpties.

To be fair that could be any set of football fans not just the Wednesday fans if you swapped the club name.

1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I sometimes think whatever happens some Wednesday Fans will never be happy and then when you do get a few who actually are they get shouted down by the les miserables for being happy clappers. I personally don't think this will ever change and TBH I think it's a Sheffield trait rather than it just down to being a Wednesday Fan?

i was understanding that the owner wanted to take us into the premier within a certain time period...

if we intend to go along with that, then we need to improve year on year, and not take too long to do so...

dc has it seemed thought that 'this year' would be the year to do it in, however...

the relegation of such giants as newcastle, villa, and norwich has no doubt raised a question mark over the issue...

adding a further year to 'the push for the prem' will be acceptable no doubt, but costly...

however with any further delays adding up that may prove to be too costly...

dc will have set a sum aside to achieve this 'project' in, should that sum, and any possible 'back up' fund be extinguished due to the spending going over further years than planned...

will that be worth 'clapping'?