The worst traits of Wednesday fans

Deluded - some of the suggestions made about potential signings and managerial appointments suggest we think we are far bigger than we really are.  

Arrogant - this is linked to deluded.  We seem to think we are Barcelona or something.  People on social media saying that managers and players who would never even want to manage/play for us in a million years aren't good enough is embarrassing. We seem to think we are Man City or something.

Aggressive and rude - instead of saying 'I have reservations about this guy's managerial record', people on twitter say 'This guy isn't wanted at S6 - he can roger off!'.  If people like Big Sam/Lambert read twitter, the attitude of fans on twitter must horrify them.  It seems at times they are just attention seekers trying to be as controversial as possible.

Gullible - lots of people take as gospel any foundless rumour they read then kick off about it.

Insular and change resistant - the pitch forks come out for anyone other than a Sheffielder or an ex player.  The starting point with anyone we don't know is that they are poo .  The outcry about Gray leaving would make you think he was the messiah. Arsenal fans said Arsene who? Who'd heard of the Watford and Boro managers last year?

Drama queens - some proper drama queens - people kicking off at present like we are on the brink of admin in the fourth division. Lack of signings means we're only going to have 7 players at the start of the season.

Reading this site and social media, you'd honestly think that the majority of Wednesday fans have a screw loose!  Other fans must think we are a right set of numpties.

you missed off the clappers...

who clap anything, and everything, all day long, every day...

i think in a past life, they stood clapping while the titanic went under... :ohmy:

Arrogant.

Calling pretty much any other team tinpot.

We have been out of the top flight for 15 years and won one trophy since 1935 ( the League Cup)

We also are deluded about our away support

This is a big one for me. 

It's been so long since we had success or even a half decent premiership team that we really ain't in a position to call other team's that have less resources than us tinpot. 

This thread seems to be full of posts saying we are all deluded about our status and that we are too negative.

Does that mean we have a much higher status than we think we have or is there some irony (or some other clever word that I don't fully understand but want to give the impression that I do, so that people will think I'm clever when actually there is nothing in my skull but a dimly glowing coal) here that I am missing? :wacko:

Steve Parish Palace Chairman...

“I have a deep-seated belief that each football club creates its own reality,” Parish says. “You are what you are, in our case a yo-yo club, perennial underachievers. You kind of attract people who like that, whether they work for you or support the club, and that is a self-fulfilling prophecy. For me that is why you see the status quo maintained among clubs for so long.

It’s a psychological barrier and a reality that football clubs have created for themselves.

“You need to try to change that and it is really difficult. The first thing we needed to do was pull some rabbits out the hat, get to the Premier League and stay there. We have achieved that in a financially prudent way. Then you need to do that Atletico Madrid thing. You can’t just do that with the players on the pitch, you have to change everyone’s belief system.

That's the task facing DC...but I think he already knows that hence the drastic overhaul of the club...we've got to do our bit and move out of the comfort zone we've been in and change our self belief..it can be done...if teams like Swansea, Southampton and Palace (FFS) can do we surely can

Too many fans stuck in the dark ages not willing to change.

Also, too many fans wanting change at the club but not being patient enough for it to come. Nor accepting the fact that change not only takes time...but money.

I can't stand the majority of people around me on The Kop. 

Moaning flippers who whinge at every pass, even when we keep possession. Whinge at foreign players, whinge that we don't spend money, whinge that the prices are too high, whinge that the screen isn't big enough, whinge that the blue tarmac isn't blue enough, whinge that Hirst isn't still playing...whinge that we're not giving young players chances & then proceed to boo them when they do play and roger up.

Don't mind it so much if the whinging is done on this board. The worry is that some people are like this in the stadium & it creates a toxic negative atmosphere. It makes me enjoy the game less.

Edited by FlyingOwl

Also, too many fans wanting change at the club but not being patient enough for it to come. Nor accepting the fact that change not only takes time...but money.

I can't stand the majority of people around me.

Moaning flippers who whinge at every pass, even when we keep possession. Whinge at foreign players, whinge that we don't spend money, whinge that the prices are too high, whinge that the screen isn't big enough, whinge that the blue tarmac isn't blue enough, whinge that Hirst isn't still playing...whinge that we're not giving young players chances & then proceed to boo them when they do play and roger up.

I'm sure they adore you flashing your money around.

I can't stand the majority of people around me on The Kop. 

Don't mind it so much if the whinging is done on this board. The worry is that some people are like this in the stadium & it creates a toxic negative atmosphere. It makes me enjoy the game less.

get some ear plugs...

:tango:

do some people think 'i know who we're talkin' about'...

when in all honesty, it's all of us...

but how entertainin' would owlstalk be if everyone agreed all the time with each other...

it's passion for 'our' club, and the 'will' to post about the club that brings us here to bang heads...

there are a 'few' who are testing at times, but...

it's the 'rough with the smooth'...

where's big guns btw theses days???