The worst traits of Wednesday fans

Deluded - some of the suggestions made about potential signings and managerial appointments suggest we think we are far bigger than we really are.  

Arrogant - this is linked to deluded.  We seem to think we are Barcelona or something.  People on social media saying that managers and players who would never even want to manage/play for us in a million years aren't good enough is embarrassing. We seem to think we are Man City or something.

Aggressive and rude - instead of saying 'I have reservations about this guy's managerial record', people on twitter say 'This guy isn't wanted at S6 - he can roger off!'.  If people like Big Sam/Lambert read twitter, the attitude of fans on twitter must horrify them.  It seems at times they are just attention seekers trying to be as controversial as possible.

Gullible - lots of people take as gospel any foundless rumour they read then kick off about it.

Insular and change resistant - the pitch forks come out for anyone other than a Sheffielder or an ex player.  The starting point with anyone we don't know is that they are poo .  The outcry about Gray leaving would make you think he was the messiah. Arsenal fans said Arsene who? Who'd heard of the Watford and Boro managers last year?

Drama queens - some proper drama queens - people kicking off at present like we are on the brink of admin in the fourth division. Lack of signings means we're only going to have 7 players at the start of the season.

Reading this site and social media, you'd honestly think that the majority of Wednesday fans have a screw loose!  Other fans must think we are a right set of numpties.

thats all well and good but........what are our bad points? :ph34r::laugh:

Where the roger did I say that in my post?

"Also, too many fans wanting change at the club but not being patient enough for it to come. Nor accepting the fact that change not only takes time...but money."

You're a fan of the ticket price rises aren't you or have I got the wrong person?

"Also, too many fans wanting change at the club but not being patient enough for it to come. Nor accepting the fact that change not only takes time...but money."

You're a fan of the ticket price rises aren't you or have I got the wrong person?

Wouldn't say I'm a fan of the price rise. It's too expensive.

But I've always said that footballs un-workable financially full stop & big changes need to happen so clubs like us don't HAVE to charge those sorts of prices in order to keep up with bigger clubs, keep up with teams getting parachute payments....keep up in order to get promoted.

If DC has deemed it appropriate for those ticket prices to be put into place then I understand the reasons for that. If the FA/FIFA got there act together to stop clubs spending hundreds of millions a season on players alone then clubs like us wouldn't have to play catch up.

It is not Chansiri's fault that we have been abandoned and left to rot for the past 15 years or so. He now has a massive job on to drag us up to Premier League standards, on and off the pitch, and if a rise in ticket prices is part of the answer then I trust him. 

You have to see things from all angles when looking at the ticket price debate. Chansiri perhaps has got it a touch wrong I'd say, even with this club playing catch up, but he's shown with his initiatives that he's learning about our fans & what they want.

What I was saying is that moaning about it, whinging at games saying 'I've paid so and so for this ticket and we're not even winning' is bang out of order IMO. You've paid your money to watch your club, there never has been any guarantee with any ticket bought that we're going to win the game.

got to love some of the superiority complexes going on in here.

Well its madness ain't it?

The slightest criticism by some is greeted with howls of displeasure....

The slightest show of support is greeted with howls of "happy Clapping" accusations...

The middle ground is a decent football side, 

The fact that we didn't play well last Saturday was greeted with..."what do you expect..the team has to gel"..

I expect better than the first half..They showed they were capable in the second half..So did CC get it wrong first half?..Yea..its f.ookin' obvious he did...He changed it..It was better second half..So every f.ookers right to a certain extent.

Not a one of us knows who's right and who's wrong yet...

I'm sure Chansiri will make his own mind up....and I doubt he will leave it hanging too long...

You can do it all day really, it's been five games but we onoy have five games to discuss....

The club needs revenue but it's a big big rise.....

What's fun on here is the swapping of point of views, grumbling being swatted with debate to the contrary.

I got accused of having a go saturday about cc not having a clue because of ticket prices for instance.

I think..... we have an influx of new posters who don't realise how erratic the place is and a few posters with their fingers stuck in their ears shouting no no no we're going to the moon la la la la.

And some who just can't take it any more after 15 years of what's been a total nightmare with nothing but escaping the pub league to even hold on to.

Just debate peoples points head on.

you missed off the clappers...

who clap anything, and everything, all day long, every day...

i think in a past life, they stood clapping while the titanic went under... :ohmy:

I think you also missed the people (of which we have nor than our fair share) who revel in us being poor.

The amount of "fans" who get more satisfaction in saying "I told you so" exceeds any other set of fans that I know of.

It used to be that if a second division team (or Championship team as its called now) had an injection of cash, they would wee wee the league and get promoted. It was almost a dead on cert. not talking necessarily about a change of owner, just an injection of cash so as to become the dominant daddy in the league. Am thinking Blackburn, Leeds, Newcastle, Southampton, Fulham. However their rise was mainly temporary and did not get them to stay as permanent figures in the top 5 Prem spots. That is a different world of investment

Wednesday can be seen as one of those clubs trying to get into Prem and stay there. Long history, but ultimately success would be like keeping up with Newcastle or Southampton or even Stoke and WBA. That's not defeatism nor arrogance, but it is a reasonable expectation

If during this, we have fans abusing players on Twitter or moaning on owlstalk, after all things considered, so flipping WHAT?

It's life, and am sure the players and staff are professional enough to put up with it, and if not, tough poo poo. Not that I condone abuse in anyway (either on social media or on terraces), but it's not much I can do about it if others do. If someone over steps the mark, then the law can step in for all I are, or the sites or stewards can ban them

What the OP described is human nature not something specific about SWFC

Deluded - some of the suggestions made about potential signings and managerial appointments suggest we think we are far bigger than we really are.

Arrogant - this is linked to deluded. We seem to think we are Barcelona or something. People on social media saying that managers and players who would never even want to manage/play for us in a million years aren't good enough is embarrassing. We seem to think we are Man City or something.

Aggressive and rude - instead of saying 'I have reservations about this guy's managerial record', people on twitter say 'This guy isn't wanted at S6 - he can roger off!'. If people like Big Sam/Lambert read twitter, the attitude of fans on twitter must horrify them. It seems at times they are just attention seekers trying to be as controversial as possible.

Gullible - lots of people take as gospel any foundless rumour they read then kick off about it.

Insular and change resistant - the pitch forks come out for anyone other than a Sheffielder or an ex player. The starting point with anyone we don't know is that they are poo . The outcry about Gray leaving would make you think he was the messiah. Arsenal fans said Arsene who? Who'd heard of the Watford and Boro managers last year?

Drama queens - some proper drama queens - people kicking off at present like we are on the brink of admin in the fourth division. Lack of signings means we're only going to have 7 players at the start of the season.

Reading this site and social media, you'd honestly think that the majority of Wednesday fans have a screw loose! Other fans must think we are a right set of numpties.

This could be said for every English clubs fan base, there's nothing unique about Wednesday fans.

It's abit like work colleagues, you get some that share the same view point as you, easy going etc then you get some rite drama queens who want to cause problems and magnify every issue going