Alan Biggs: Chris O’Grady could provide the goals Sheffield Wednesday crave

So if he scored 15 last season, and is struggling this, does this also point to the fact, discussed many times on here, that it's about the service?

Who was providing O'Grady with the opportunities last season to score 15 goals and should that be the player we look to sign? Who gave him the 15 assists was it mainly one player? 

Just a thought!

The whole team, they just didn't give a rat's ass about defending, hence the relegation.

As some have already mentioned COG is more proven than Madine, Nuhiu and although harsh to say given age and length of time here, May.

Clearly we need something a bit more than COG can offer but I would jump at the chance of bringing him back and loaning Madine (get some match sharpness). We aren’t exactly creating loads of chances and COG is adept of making chance for others with his superb work rate and ability to hold the ball up which he does better than any other striker we currently have.

Ultimately it’s a quality wide man/midfielder we lack more.

Not going to happen (Mandaric is still here) but I think we'd get more out of him than any of our other strikers. Even when he wasn't scoring last season he was setting up assists and exhibiting great all round play. 15 goals in a poor team and Barnsley's player of the year.

I'd have him back.  I think he'd contribute more than Madine.

I think Gray would like O'Grady's all round contribution to the 'team effort'.  The same reason that Gray doesn't give Madine much time on the pitch.  So COG'd play more. 

Madine can't score goals if he can't even convince the manager that he should be out there in the first place.  Either get him in the team or get him out on loan scoring for someone else.

Think COG would offer something to our attack. He never never gives anything up as a lost cause, is strong as on ox and is far quicker than Nuhiu. Not slating Nuhiu by the way as he definitely offers more finesse on the ball, but I think all would admit he's not the quickest when it comes to closing down opposition. Currently we don't have anyone like COG in the squad, and if he was available on loan, I would definitely explore the possibility.

Not going to happen (Mandaric is still here) but I think we'd get more out of him than any of our other strikers. Even when he wasn't scoring last season he was setting up assists and exhibiting great all round play. 15 goals in a poor team and Barnsley's player of the year.

This!