Fire extinguisher incident

16 minutes ago, maidstoneowl said:

The Covid angle is interesting and I agree, on other fronts /public service workers.

Why, in your opinion, do you think this happened?  

A theory I have is that Covid meant a lot of people stopped doing things they used to do pre-pandemic, one thing they kept doing and did a lot more of, was drinking. It’s become normal for people to drink loads more than they used to I think. 

I could be totally wrong.

Edited by Londoner1867

46 minutes ago, maidstoneowl said:

The Covid angle is interesting and I agree, on other fronts /public service workers.

Resentment? Maybe they’re fed up of the battles to get here there and everywhere whilst strikes take place. I’m not supporting it, but let’s be honest there’s a fair few fed up people out there who’s lives have been affected by them. 

• Like 1

On 23/04/2024 at 21:34, maidstoneowl said:

Sorry for long gap…I can’t be sure but it’s a commonly discussed topic at work and society In general.

i work trains out of major stations of a weekend and it’s always been a mixed experience in terms of drunken behaviour..it’s just these days and particularly the last couple of years, people seem to go that bit further and the increase in assaults to staff has increased?

maybe lockdown sent some folk a bit crazy? Who knows.

I personally think it’s politics of hate and division that has spurred on the ‘we can do and say what we want’ brigade…

Without writing an essay, it’s too difficult to sum up and sound bite really

Edited by fatzooma
  • Like 8

Kids being kids.

When you get older you frown and whatnot. Thing is it's just because you're old. 

Mods and Rockers smashing towns up in the 60s was all good fun back in the day. That was good old honest rioting. 

Some kids setting an extinguisher off on a train 60 years later and the world's gone to pot. 

• Like 2

Said it before - these people are just brainless Neanderthals who apparently have nothing in their lives other than acting like cretins everywhere they go.

Absolutely sick of them dragging my clubs name through the gutter. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 24/04/2024 at 22:18, fatzooma said:

Sorry for long gap…I can’t be sure but it’s a commonly discussed topic at work and society In general.

i work trains out of major stations of a weekend and it’s always been a mixed experience in terms of drunken behaviour..it’s just these days and particularly the last couple of years, people seem to go that bit further and the increase in assaults to staff has increased?

maybe lockdown sent some folk a bit crazy? Who knows.

I personally think it’s politics of hate and division that has spurred on the ‘we can do and say what we want’ brigade…

Without writing an essay, it’s too difficult to sum up and sound bite really

lock down was Four years ago. You cannot keep blaming that for the actions if people today. 

The problem is that too many people want a reason to hit the booze and marching powder. Their lack of respect for everyone else is appalling.

• Like 1

On 23/04/2024 at 17:15, @owlstalk said:

LADS LADS LADS INNIT 

On 23/04/2024 at 19:18, Mighty Quinn said:

DICKS DICKS DICKS INNIT

Modern love

🌈 🏳️‍🌈 🌈

Fair play lads.

1 hour ago, Jaytee said:

lock down was Four years ago. You cannot keep blaming that for the actions if people today. 

The problem is that too many people want a reason to hit the booze and marching powder. Their lack of respect for everyone else is appalling.

The impact of lockdown will be felt for over a generation. 

Those kids on the train who set off the fire extinguisher will have missed 2 years of school. That's 2 years without discipline and social interaction with peers, that's going to have a massive impact on behavior. 

I am a regular train traveler (not just football) and the number of people drinking in the morning on Saturdays is incredible now compared to pre covid.

Just wait to see what the NHS is like in a few years time when all the doctors got into medical school on teacher estimated grades!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sir Says said:

The impact of lockdown will be felt for over a generation. 

Those kids on the train who set off the fire extinguisher will have missed 2 years of school. That's 2 years without discipline and social interaction with peers, that's going to have a massive impact on behavior. 

I am a regular train traveler (not just football) and the number of people drinking in the morning on Saturdays is incredible now compared to pre covid.

Just wait to see what the NHS is like in a few years time when all the doctors got into medical school on teacher estimated grades!

Schools were shut for a few months, not for 2 years.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jaytee said:

A good few years ago I was discussing the attitude of teenagers and young people with a teacher. His take was that the toerags who we went to school with had then bred toerags of their own only with less discipline than ever. If that is the case, and I think it probably is, there are now another 1 or even two generations of toe rags out there and each generation learns from their parents and it just gets worse. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 23/04/2024 at 19:59, Big Jack said:

For some lads getting inebriated is more important than the match sadly many clubs have them.

ALL clubs do. Some of the stuff you see at 7th tier footy is crazy these days. Most for show and socials as folk said

On 23/04/2024 at 21:34, maidstoneowl said:

I think its been getting gradually worse for 5/6 years. Mainly social media effects... but then Covid brought a 'feck it' mentality into play with alot of people too which has escalated it. Just my thoughts. I'm no angel but I respect people and property and some of the stuff you see is just embarrassing

13 minutes ago, SnowyOwl13 said:

There is a longstanding effect on behaviour of children by lockdown, something which is coming out in studies but has been known anecdotally by teachers for a while. 

Lack of appreciation for consequence to their actions? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kentowl said:

A good few years ago I was discussing the attitude of teenagers and young people with a teacher. His take was that the toerags who we went to school with had then bred toerags of their own only with less discipline than ever. If that is the case, and I think it probably is, there are now another 1 or even two generations of toe rags out there and each generation learns from their parents and it just gets worse. 

Think he has something and would concur with this. It does seem that the self policing element has been diluted along with the erosion of respect for oneself and certainly others.

In addition the law itself offers no support, I can imagine that if a right minded individual intervened to stop the incident they may, themselves be accused of assault if they physically stopped the incident taking place.

About time the laws of the land were enforced and not in favour of the law less.

Look at knife crime, was a time you might have a fight now its bloody knives. Simple solution, if you are found with one on the street for no good reason (work / trade etc) custodial sentence. 

All gone soft about rights of the offenders.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Kentowl said:

This in a nutshell. Toe rags rarely teach their kids right and wrong and just breed more toe rags. The only punishment they dole out is for getting caught. Meanwhile, bleeding heart liberals continue to wring their hands and make excuses for them. 

• Like 5

Tbf, catching a train with a bunch of football fans (when it isn't the team you support, sometimes when it is) can be a pretty grim experience. 

Constantly smashing the roof of the train whilst singing is a fav.