54 minutes ago, dannybgoode said:

To be honest when I saw it live so to speak I thought he'd fluked it a bit. Couldn't see the big screen in the ground so well for the replay - too many limbs. 

Having watched it a few times now though it's utterly class. Just seems to give it a cheeky chip and it was perfectly weighted.

Sublime goal

Thought the same at the time. A hit and hope. Having watched it back on tv, it was very impressive. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Geörge Whitebread said:

Meh... he was anonymous for the first seven minutes!  🙃

In all seriousness, he among the most frustrating players we've got for exactly that reason. He shows glimpses of brilliance, but doesn't produce consistently. Mind you, as we've said for years about various players, if they were consistently at their very best, they wouldn't play for Wednesday... certainly not for long, anyway! (Bannan being the  exception over the last 9 years). 

For me he tries too hard. Instead of trying to put the ball in the net he tries to hammer it into the net. Today he did the former and it paid off for him and more importantly us.

I was talking to someone after the game today about this. Windass is one of those big game players, very inconsistent most of the time but consistently good when it matters, when you need something special in the must win games. Even when he's not fully fit, which is a lot of the time.

Stuff I read on here - 

"We can't finish teams off when on top, we don't take our chances". 

"If we go a goal down away from home we fall apart, we have to score first"

Windass's goal today wasn't even half a chance and he scored. It put us in front early on, when it mattered. 

It wasn't just class, it was pure skill. Imagine if Mbappe, Salah, DeBruyne or Bellingham had scored that? The media would be creaming themselves over it.

We're going to need a bit of class and something special in these last two, potentially must win games. Windass is our best bet for that.

• Like 2

Didn't realise he was that high up the post-2000 rankings. 

Quite impressive, considering he's not played as an out-and-out striker for much of that time. 

He's not played quite as many minutes as Forestieri did for us, either. Same number of assists as him, too.

52 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Technique wise, that goal today is one of the best I've ever seen.

Yet just watched the headlines on SSN  and it didn't get a mention.

On 13/04/2024 at 19:34, HopefulOwl said:

Make a note... he'll score the winning goal to keep us up.

He is quality... put him in a side with 4/5 players round him and he'll shine.

Well.. hate to say it but... 2 in 2... hes quality. 

• Like 1