17 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Has been largely anonymous this season when he’s played. He never really appeared to be up for fight this season? I’ve never been able to work out his best position in the four and a half years that he’s been here.
His first touch today was dreadful. Apparently we “lost control of the game” when he was subbed off and yet we actually scored and took the lead AFTER he left the field!

We didn’t lose control of the game because he was subbed off, we lost control because Stoke had a couple of decent subs that dragged them back into it.

We scored about a minute after he went off. We were noticeably worse with the ball when he went off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sexpistol said:

We scored about a minute after he went off. We were noticeably worse with the ball when he went off.

We were awful for most of the second half to be fair pal, with and without Windass. We were largely a spent force after about 40 minutes in my opinion. We simply ran out of ideas. When we scored they then put on a couple of lads who made them much livelier going forward and we couldn’t cope for 5 or 10 minutes and they got back into the game because of their subs. Ironically they actually scored on the break whilst they had a player down in back play. Our left side missing in action again for their goal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thewednesdayway000 said:

Cannot stand the bloke lazy no interest thinks he's better than what he is anyone else agree

I’m not sure he’s lazy, but agreed he's only average.  Moments of greatness, but matches where he has no influence 

4 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Ironically they actually scored on the break whilst they had a player down in back play. Our left side missing in action again for their goal.

I need to watch a replay of their goal, because I have no idea how it came about! 

I was totally chilled one second, then they were one-on-one with Beadle down our right the next! 

It looked like Palmer and Valentín had gone a.w.o.l, but did it stem from our left flank?

1 hour ago, Nick1498 said:

10 seconds out of 123 minutes, doesn’t solidify his ability, where was he the rest of the game or the season come to think of it. 

Yeah, so apart from winning the Wembley final that got us promoted with the only goal - what exactly did you do that game, Josh?!

• Love 1

45 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I need to watch a replay of their goal, because I have no idea how it came about! 

I was totally chilled one second, then they were one-on-one with Beadle down our right the next! 

It looked like Palmer and Valentín had gone a.w.o.l, but did it stem from our left flank?

My bad mate. You are right it was our right side where nobody was home not left. We were attacking down our left I think, the next thing I recall is the move breaking down, one of their players on the deck trying to get the game stopped again and then within seconds Stoke were in down our right after (I think a longish pass) that put their lad straight through 1 on 1 with poor Beadle. It was a calm finish sadly for us. 

• Thanks 1

He's a bit of a luxury player with moments of quality but not the kind of guy you want in a scrap. He reminds me of a poor man's Adam Reach with a much bigger ego. Will probably play at champ level all his career but won't ever do or be anything special 

I am not going to leave any other post other than this from the poo show from this man today. I will be very very vocal regarding Windass he may have scored the winner but he cannot live off that the rest of his career.

The movement off the ball was tbh not present and work-rate shocking and he looked full of beans when he came off.

The intense Norwich game was like chalk and cheese today and if we had been at them at the same level we worked in that game we would have walked it today.

I am sorry to say but we are worse with him in team and played better football without him.

Lack of effort in the modern game is by definition a sin he looked not bothered and not interested.

The thing is Danny Boy clocked it and clocked it again. 

Windass needs to be honest with himself and he clearly will move on  but for christ sake have some bloody respect for the 29000 people who paid to watch your arse on a pitch, the children who see you as a hero.

Give effort for the wage you collect it’s disgusting you perform to that level.

We played better without you just do one.

Poveda is out for the hollywood passes you tried to play at QPR and the narrowest pitch the champ.

Your lack of effort today was vile

You act like a show pony but have delivered 0% return

Shocking   

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

My bad mate. You are right it was our right side where nobody was home not left. We were attacking down our left I think, the next thing I recall is the move breaking down, one of their players on the deck trying to get the game stopped again and then within seconds Stoke were in down our right after (I think a longish pass) that put their lad straight through 1 on 1 with poor Beadle. It was a calm finish sadly for us. 

I've just got back and watched a replay.

It's so, so poor from Valentín, Vaulks and Palmer.

https://www.skysports.com/football/video/30998/13114479/sheffield-wednesday-1-1-stoke-championship-highlights

19 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I've just got back and watched a replay.

It's so, so poor from Valentín, Vaulks and Palmer.

https://www.skysports.com/football/video/30998/13114479/sheffield-wednesday-1-1-stoke-championship-highlights

I haven’t got the heart to watch it mate. Flat as a fart tonight me. We need help next Saturday and the games are running out. We simply must win at Blackburn to even stay in the race now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

I haven’t got the heart to watch it mate. Flat as a fart tonight me. We need help next Saturday and the games are running out. We simply must win at Blackburn to even stay in the race now.

Yeah, me too. I've forced myself to watch the highlights, though! That early Ugbo chance looks even better than I realised at the game. 😥

Today was a real kick in the teeth, especially with the way other results went.

We were so on top in that first half, but we just don't have the quality to consistently put teams to the sword when we're dominant. It feels like we need so many chances just to nick one goal in most games.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sexpistol said:

Can you justify why you think Windass thinks he is better than what he is?

Ive seen this comment a few times yet no one backs their point up as to why they say this.

Maybe you could be the first?

The floor is yours……..

Not celebrating in leauge one because he thinks he's better than that 

2 hours ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

Did you say that on the 123rd minute against Barnsley ?

He played awful for 122 minutes of that match. 

Sheridan doesn’t just live of his winning goal at Wembley, he contributed almost every game for seasons. 

• Like 1

Really good at linking up play between the lines

Problem is that it's like he is running in concrete. And he takes too many touches before crossing.

If you've got Gassama or Musaba on for some pace then his lack of it isn't as exposed.

12 minutes ago, Thewednesdayway000 said:

Not celebrating in leauge one because he thinks he's better than that 

I seem to recall him celebrating a fair bit when he scored that header against Barnsley. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rogers said:

He played awful for 122 minutes of that match. 

Not many of our team were great that day if we are being honest, but Windass proved to be the big game player like he did against premier league opposition that season and delivered the goods.

• Like 1