7 minutes ago, lukeyswfc said:

I think the problem some have is they will not allow other opinions.

Same with Palmer and Dawson. You’re almost shunned for saying we need better.

Of course we need better. That's the case across most of the squad. 

But Windass seems to attract the same weird negative comments every time he plays, even when he's been fine: "he's not interested", "he thinks he's better than he is", "waste of a shirt"...

🥱

He didn't set the world on fire today, but he was an important part of a very good first half performance, and we lost control of the game when he was removed. He linked play well and played a few dangerous balls, one of which probably should have resulted in a goal. The player who replaced him didn't pick out a Wednesday shirt once in half an hour, yet he apparently should have replaced him sooner. 

🤷‍♂️

His performance today wasn't worthy of singling our for praise, but nor was it worthy of singling out for criticism.

And yet here we are. Again.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SheffWed said:

The issue I find is there is ALWAYS a thread about Windass, not matter what.

He’s been out for 2 months and nowhere near fit, do we need better from him of course we do, but we need better from many other players as well.

Take Famewo for example, how many goals have conceded because he’s fell asleep at the back stick?  But we don’t get threads about him.

Windass is such an easy target, people dislike him, whatever he does, we all know a fully fit Windass and we are a better team with him in it, the stats prove that.

I honestly think there is a dislike towards him as some people perceive him to be arrogant. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Of course we need better. That's the case across most of the squad. 

But Windass seems to attract the same weird negative comments every time he plays, even when he's been fine: "he's not interested", "he thinks he's better than he is", "waste of a shirt"...

🥱

He didn't set the world on fire today, but he was an important part of a very good first half performance, and we lost control of the game when he was removed. He linked play well and played a few dangerous balls, one of which probably should have resulted in a goal. The player who replaced him didn't pick out a Wednesday shirt once in half an hour, yet he apparently should have replaced him sooner. 

🤷‍♂️

His performance today wasn't worthy of singling our for praise, but nor was it worthy of singling out for criticism.

And yet here we are. Again.

No no no you aren’t allowed to post facts on here. 
Absolutely bizarre the stick he gets from some people on here.

• Like 1

We have to look at Windass this season and right now. Injury prone. 

Not fit. We need players who will give 110% no matter like Pato, Palmer, Bannan. I said don't start him v Stoke. Subs bench next 3 games for me. 

Pato starts ahead of him despite his lack of skill. 100% guts has Pato. 

Not fit. We need players who will give 110% no matter like Pato, Palmer, Bannan. I said don't start him v Stoke. Subs bench next 3 games for me. 

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Exactly. 

It's all a bit weird, isn't it? 

I can't think of many other players who've attracted such extreme attention for average / adequate performances. 

🤷‍♂️

Probably as he's more vocal on social media, some people think he's game for criticism. Discuss his performance media or in the pub after the game, but don't go pelting him with insults online. 

22 minutes ago, victorturner said:

why pick him with all our fitness experts around? 

I think he's got the nod because the other players in that role (Gassama, Musaba, Wilks) lose us possession and Windass doesn't - even though he was mediocre today. He keeps it better than Patterson too but both aren't fully fit. DR clearly wanted both Windass and Patterson back for the run in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1952Owl said:

I'm a fan of Paterson and what he can bring to our team, but did you not think we lost a bit of our attacking coherence and control of the ball once he came on today?

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem
  • Love 1

Has been largely anonymous this season when he’s played. He never really appeared to be up for fight this season? I’ve never been able to work out his best position in the four and a half years that he’s been here.
His first touch today was dreadful. Apparently we “lost control of the game” when he was subbed off and yet we actually scored and took the lead AFTER he left the field!

We didn’t lose control of the game because he was subbed off, we lost control because Stoke had a couple of decent subs that dragged them back into it.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

I think he's got the nod because the other players in that role (Gassama, Musaba, Wilks) lose us possession and Windass doesn't - even though he was mediocre today. He keeps it better than Patterson too but both aren't fully fit. DR clearly wanted both Windass and Patterson back for the run in.

Yep. 

Today was quite an extreme example of that...

Screenshot_2024-04-13-19-29-00-52_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.0378fa8a1992e66f410d70f2254dfc38.jpg

44 minutes ago, Thewednesdayway000 said:

Cannot stand the bloke lazy no interest thinks he's better than what he is anyone else agree

His heart hasn't been in it since the dark days of Xisco-ball.

Röhl and coaching staff have affected the performances of most players... but sadly, not Windass.

Any scouts reading this...seriously, don't bother. Minimal effort, no pace, gives up too easily, head goes down.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lincs Owl said:

To answer the question we need to know exactly how good he actually thinks he is.  Can the OP let us know, providing evidence.   

I’ve asked the same and to all the others who state this.

Funnily enough no one ever gives a reason.

I wonder why?