Nicky Weaver Leaving The Club…

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Danish said:

He’s given up coaching full stop according to an interview with the club.

Nicky states he’s struggling physically after many knee operations throughout his career.

Great servant and fellow Wednesday fan, wish him nothing but the best. 

Yep. Had many ops and as a coach he still has to be fit. 

Also sadly lost his brother last year

Edited by Essix Blue
  • Love 2

Enter the flying potatoe? Tongue out of cheek he was a quality keeper during the 90s and may have something to offer.

I'm not sure if he's still in football now and I'm sure I'll be slatted regarding fitness etc. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Yeah I think losing his brother and his body not like it used to be have brought this decision on nothing internal 

top bloke weaver I hope he enjoys his media and semi retirement 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Feeling a bit emotional about that,  sad to see him go but wish him all the best.  

I saw the name Weaver on the team sheet the other day and wondered if it was a relation. Assume that’s his son he mentions is in the academy.  

• Love 1

31 minutes ago, Furious George said:

Was in his class at Killamarsh Junior School many many years ago. 

Top lad and a great service to the club over the years. 

I score against him for Intake Juniors (twice) literally my only ever claim to fame lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

He is a good man

Had a tough few years since losing a family member. 

Top keeper for City, back in the day.

Used to play kickaround with him (and half the Wimpey estate/White City!) late 80s/early 90s, Killamarsh.

Every night from this time year until late September you could go upto that school field or the Rec. behind the old "Stop n Shop" and there would be a good old fashioned 14 a side going on!  

I think the school field was shrunk and then fortified with a prison style fence to keep kids out. They then built over 90% of the Rec. leaving only a knackered old slide, swing and dog dirt haven.

Wishing Weaver all the best. A great servant to the club and to football in general. Hopefully, he'll get to spend some quality time with his family and give his body a rest from the demands of the game/coaching.

When I'm visiting a mate near London, we go to his local boozer called "Weavers" and without question I'll chant "Weaver, Weaver, Weaver" as we walk in. Don't think anyone knows what the f*ck I'm on about! 😆

Pic from visiting for the Brentford game c. 2007 I think!

71894_440399676458_4322198_n.jpg

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you