Is Chansiri really the worst after 20+ years outside the top flight?!

1 minute ago, Since 1971 said:

Some fans state that Chansiri has invested a lot in the club, initially first couple of years and over recent seasons to keep us financially afloat.

Other fans claim Chansiri hasn't invested at all.

I certainly don't think he has invested in the club. Investment involves an idea, a plan for a return, a strategy with risk mitigation. It needs prudent, experienced professional advisors. Football is notoriously short of those folk but awash with the cockraoches and leaches associated with agents giving advice based on their own financial interest rather than their client. They make 1970s 2nd hand car salesman look trustworthy and reliable.

Chansiri hasn't invested, he has simply spent money. Any idiot can spend money. Most sensible people with a good source of cash can invest and make that money grow. I dont think Chansiri has that basic common sense or ability. I don't know where the money came from or who's money it was. But I believe that source of cash has dried up now.

Is he the worst owner we've had? We've had a couple of really bad ones. We've had some good ones, I remember criticising Bert McGee when he wouldn't back Howard Wilkinson but my God I wish we had someone like him in charge now.

But overall, has any other owner:

- Got us relegated due to a points deduction following financial mis-management?

- Failed to pay staff including players?

- Sold the ground out from under our club?

- Burnt through so many managers?

- Embarrassed us by asking fans to pay his businesses tax bill?

- Messed about with the kit so much?

No other owner even comes close to this idiot in terms of all.round incompetence, business failure, team standard and performance and embarrassment.

Good summary and pretty damning…

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

He’s worse than Dave Allen, imagine saying that back in 2007.

Dave Allen the Irish comedian would have made a better owner. We got the wrong Dave Allen who is not funny at all😭

10 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

Ah! The good old days......sued the fans, nearly killed the club, then went on to destroy Chesterfield....great bloke.  Now we have "The Chanser"...FFS.  Will this torment ever end?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, horny owl said:

When he first came here I mentioned my suspicions about him because of his superstitious Mumo jumbo. 

I think I’m the first Wednesday fan to publicly suspect that he was a fruit loop on here

I can spot narcissistic scum a mile off

Hate people like him

Mumble jumbo? Just imagine the mess we’d be in without the luck elephants 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, longreach said:

Ah! The good old days......sued the fans, nearly killed the club, then went on to destroy Chesterfield....great bloke.  Now we have "The Chanser"...FFS.  Will this torment ever end?

It will, along with the club. 

Yes if not for his bizarre pricing, non existence strategy, consistently having to make or sign off decisions with the aid of his ( failed advisors ) relegation ship with fans ( customers ) and then finally results, embargo's, points deductions. Sale of assets like stadium, lack of investment in training facilities, one of/ if not worst pitch in championship 

currently sat second from bottom facing his second relegation in under a decade that's a 22.22% relegation season percentage under his stewardship

it's hard to argue against the bloke has regression and failure written all over his stewardship 

• Like 1

With the exception of what sadly happened in 1989, he is without a doubt THE worst thing that has ever happened to our club and could still be the reason we end up ceasing to exist.

Absolutely despise the clown. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I don't think they is any point of a Dave Allen v Chansiri type debate on who was the worst Chairman.

Both have not been much good for the club.

Allen is a deeply unpleasant person who showed no ambition, no particular interest in funding the club and went out of his way to battle elements of the fanbase, including people on this forum.

But he was just one shareholder (in an admittedly very fractured board/shareholder structure) who always wanted out if a buyer could meet his valuation and get his money back. We knew the score with Allen all along. It was difficult, unpleasant and an uncertain time (and much more than that for some individuals), but Allen did step down and did facilitate the sale of his shares when it came down to it.

Chansiri owns the club outright. It is functionally his. He has separated its assets into being literally his and not "the clubs" in any future where those things become relevant. We have no idea what his intentions are for the future of the club. We have no idea how serious he is about a sale. We have no idea what his perceived valuation for the club is or how easy it would be for an interested party to negotiate with him (beyond what we know about his general character.. which fills me with dread). Aside from creating as much noise as we can via 1867, we are completely stuck. And that means being stuck with a lack of investment, a lack of money, a lack of motivation, a lack of engagement, a lack of plan or strategy.. all of which at best rival the Allen years. And while all this is going on the club is completely falling to pieces.

It's way worse now. The future is way less certain. I don't see "no point discussing who was worse" as anything other than an attempt to play down how bad things are now.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Londoner1867 said:

I do wonder how different things would be if we didn’t sign Jordan Rhodes. For a start Winnall, a striker actually in form would have played for us, and we might have brought his mate Hourihane from Barnsley too. It was a very poor Championship that year and we were still so close. A different striker/the money better spent and I think we’d have got over the line. But DC was desperate to please fans on Twitter who begged him to sign Rhodes

I've thought about it a lot. But even if we did reach the Prem back in 2016 we'd have come down very quickly with higher wage bills and bigger problems. DC would have had no idea how to stabilise the club on our return to the Champ. I think we'd have ended up in L1 anyway. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

We have no idea what his intentions are for the future of the club. We have no idea how serious he is about a sale. We have no idea what his perceived valuation for the club is or how easy it would be for an interested party to negotiate with him (beyond what we know about his general character.. which fills me with dread).

That would be my worry too.  He doesn’t seem to want to sell, or to invest and he seems to get a kick out of antagonising the supporters.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

Absolutely he is worse that DED Allen, not least for the fact that the Chancer is the owner not just the Chairman.  Shareholders had the facility to remove the then Chairman, we're stuck with the present incompetent incumbent.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I've thought about it a lot. But even if we did reach the Prem back in 2016 we'd have come down very quickly with higher wage bills and bigger problems. DC would have had no idea how to stabilise the club on our return to the Champ. I think we'd have ended up in L1 anyway. 

Agree, as good as the squad we had for 2015-2017 was in the Championship, I’m not sure any of them really would have done it in the PL. Westwood is the only player I think we had good enough. The entire back 4 not even close, Bannan/Lee/Forestieri/Hooper, maybe if they had better players around them but I’m not convinced 

We’d have been in a situation whereby we needed an entire new 10 in front of Westwood 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

Worse for us but Uncle Dave p!sses all over him when it comes to f**king up 2 different teams.

• Like 1

It tells you how bad we’ve had it since relegation from the prem that we can have a debate on the worst chairman.

Chansiri is hands down the most incompetent, having apparently spunked his fortune turning us from a mid-table championship team into a L1 yo-yo team.

Dave Allen was a different kind of bad, suing fans.

• Like 1

Chansiri shades as worst ever chairman for me but Allen was a very unpleasant character.  I say Chansiri just shades it because I felt there was an evil cynicism about Allen whereas Chansiri looks like a hopelessly incompetent narcissist to me.

I don't think it would have made any difference if we had signed this player or that one, of if we'd have gone up via the playoffs.  The end result would be the same imo.  We would have blown the money, run the club badly and ended up in the lower leagues or worse.

It's a miracle that we have appointed Röhl and we will stay up this season.  The question is, are there other people involved in that appointment and will we still have our manager by August?

21 hours ago, Sparkwell76 said:

Just a question.  Is Chansiri really the worst after 20 years…….

Maybe he is. I’d prefer him to be gone.  

Just a short reply. 

Is the Pope a fooookin Catholic?

21 hours ago, Miffed said:

It’s a tough one to answer 

Suing your own fans was a real low point in the clubs history. I can’t begin to imagine the emotional and financial stress it must have had on those involved. One particular fan was also dealing with a really big health issue at the time too.

I’ve checked with them and they’ve confirmed that Chansiri is worse.  He’d be happy to get Allen back and be sued again if it got rid of Chansiri.

Make of that what you will.

• Love 4
  • Thanks 1