What happens at well run clubs - Ipswich

1 hour ago, Sykes said:

Meanwhile, Reading have a number of interested parties. The sale figure is understood to be around £1 million.

Source: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68626876

I wonder which situation resembles our current trajectory under Chansiri.

I think you'll find the 1 million pounds is the shortfall Dai Yongge is looking to find for the month of March. That's how I read it anyway.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, trumbullowl said:

I think you'll find the 1 million pounds is the shortfall Dai Yongge is looking to find for the month of March. That's how I read it anyway.

So it is, maybe I shouldn't scan the article before posting.

Either way, this shuts up the non-argument of "who's going to buy the club" as it's clear parties are interested once a club goes up for sale.

It would be interesting to see what Reading does sell for, as it will be indicative of what Chansiri can expect.

• Like 5

Meanwhile over at Hillsborough 

We have DC thousands of miles away, leaving our Danny looking at premier inns, doing the big shop at Lidl for the lad’s dinner after training and getting the hairdryer on the frozen pitches at middlewood 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Doesn’t the post from KM show that Ipswich lost a load of money last year and how will that impact them if they don’t go up in the next couple of years? I have no idea on reading accounts 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Rogers said:

The good news just keeps on coming for our once League One rivals. 

US private equity firm Bright Path Sports Partners have bought a 40% stake in Championship club Ipswich Town at a cost of "up to £105 million".

As a result, majority shareholder ORG has reduced its stake from 90% to 50%.

Ipswich are third in the table and hoping to return to the Premier League for the first time since 2002.

Chief executive Mark Ashton will continue to manage the day-to-day running of the club and said the deal further secured its long-term future.

He told the club website: "The investment will continue to support the club in both the medium and long term, with the biggest immediate use being to support a number of key infrastructure projects, including the significant redevelopment of the training ground at Playford Road."

The deal will result in Bright Path co-founder Jake Zahnow and Sam Simon, whose company are the primary funder, joining the board at Portman Road.

Zahnow said they had looked at teams all over the world for possible investment opportunities, but having held talks with Ipswich they "stopped looking".

Just shows that if you have a plan and manage the club properly, it becomes  more attractive to investment. 

Be careful what you wish for.:Chansiri:

• Like 1

It’s not only that we are falling so far behind these clubs, there are no signs whatsoever of us trying to keep up with them, or even trying to improve our infrastructure. He’s just letting it rot.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Was up early this morning and Sky had the championship highlights from the season Bruce took charge,  at one point they said we were 2 points off the play offs. of course we finished 12th and 10 points off in the end.   But that season Ipswich were awful and were relegated to league 1 by March.  

Depressing how other clubs get new owners who do a good job.  

• Like 5

It’s not going to get any better any time soon either, especially if we get relegated.

Biggest waste of time is comparing yourself to others as you aren’t focussing on and changing what’s needed to improve your own performance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Doesn’t the post from KM show that Ipswich lost a load of money last year and how will that impact them if they don’t go up in the next couple of years? I have no idea on reading accounts 🤷🏻‍♂️

It just shows that long term is not sustainable but then thats the case for majority of clubs.

Everything is a gamble on being successful.

The big difference is the previous owner writing off a massive dept which made them an appealing proposition for potential incoming owners. 

Having been more than £100m in the red, Ipswich Town is now virtually debt free according to O'Leary, with Gamechanger 20 Ltd having paid off £21m and Evans having waived around £80m of what was owed to him. (APRIL 2021)

Sadly that probably wont happen for us so the long dark tunnel continues...

• Like 1

So in a couple of years they could be in for a points deduction and we could be saying what a mess they’ve made of it? It’s all a very fine line isn’t it although I accept they have a far bigger chance of making it happen than our current set up. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, JLB99 said:

The big difference is the previous owner writing off a massive dept which made them an appealing proposition for potential incoming owners. 

Having been more than £100m in the red, Ipswich Town is now virtually debt free according to O'Leary, with Gamechanger 20 Ltd having paid off £21m and Evans having waived around £80m of what was owed to him. (APRIL 2021)

Sadly that probably wont happen for us so the long dark tunnel continues...

images (6).jpeg

• Haha 6

16 minutes ago, BIG D said:

So in a couple of years they could be in for a points deduction and we could be saying what a mess they’ve made of it? It’s all a very fine line isn’t it although I accept they have a far bigger chance of making it happen than our current set up. 

That's how I read it, so doing similar to what we did in 2015-2017.

So if they don't go up I'd suspect they'll need to sell some players which is what we should've done 

• Like 1