Chansiri - The Beginning of the End

I think he'll do what he's told at first, try to skate by some rules and eventually pack it in, but I don't think it'll be quick unless they demand owners stay physically near the club for extended periods.

Honestly best case is that he hires a very competent DoF and bored, and just relegates himself to just signing checks and nothing else. Very unlikely, but that's the best you can hope for from an owner I think.

12 minutes ago, Nero said:

Existing owners will have to meet financial guidelines and engage properly with fans.

He won't be able to continue like he has.

He hasn't got the wits to change.

He will either have to sell or lose his licence.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday-dejphon-chansiri-money-request-b2439279.html

He ticks all the boxes of failing. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, eightbelow said:

I really hope this, people need to see just how incompetent he is.

And this is the thing yeah? 

You know those people who still defend him, or say we should wait until the end of the season to protest... 

Even if the independent panel is toothless, if we're at top of the hit list (where we should be) then at the very least, it opens more fans eyes. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Furious George said:

Remember that point in our history when he thought he was being really smart and asking fans to fund the club? 

That's going to come back and bite him so, so much in the future. Beautiful. 

Yep.

The attempt to emotionally blackmail the fans (a day or so after our first win of the season) was as stupid a thing as he's ever done.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Yep.

The attempt to emotionally blackmail the fans (a day or so after our first win of the season) was as stupid a thing as he's ever done.

Lowest point for me as a fan. 

Multi-millionaire saying he has cash flow problems asking the fans of the club to chip in for him to pay his tax bill, during a cost of living crisis. 

Even writing that I'm so angry I could crush a grape. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

It's the thing I always come back to in my mind when people talk about him "learning" or the "better the devil you know".

He tried to emotionally blackmail the fans, after years of asking them to pay top prices and delivering an omnishambles of a situation. That's before we get to the cost of living crisis and other factors.

He's lost any good will for me, personally. He must sell up and I hope the regulator can shift that process on.

Ah that's so correct. 

We're Yorkshire folk, paying London prices for San Marino football 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

The biggest question is what will they actually do to get rid of owners of like him or the Reading guy.

It is all well and good talking about it and issuing threats, but I am still skeptical they will actually be able to get rid of incompetent owners. 

Dc you need to sell the club asap

Dc:no

Ok thanks for your time

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

The biggest question is what will they actually do to get rid of owners of like him or the Reading guy.

It is all well and good talking about it and issuing threats, but I am still skeptical they will actually be able to get rid of incompetent owners. 

That's a good point, and one I was about to raise. What power will the regulator have, will they be able to stop chansiri owning the club, and if so what then, if a) no buyer comes forward or b) no buyer will make an offer he agrees to accept?

The authorities in the country ( be it footballing or governmental)don't have a good record of improving things, in fact new rules usually result in chaos

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Why did our beloved Chairman buy the club?  Has any one ever asked?

It couldn’t have been for love

What did the Tuna man know about us. Next to nothing I would wager before he  took the plunge

It could have been an ego trip 

if thats the case,then, until Daddies dosh runs out we will continue to see the name Chansiri plastered here there and everywhere in the ground regardless of our situation

UTO

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Very good point, any punishment will hurt the fans more than stubborn owners.

• Like 2