Chansiri - The Beginning of the End

5 hours ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

With respect that's a very ignorant and ill informed comment

I'm basing it on the vast majority of other public bodies that oversee stuff and get phookall done. 

Certainly isn't ignorant nor ill informed. They mainly exist to placate people like you. lol

1 minute ago, quinnssweetshop said:

I'm basing it on the vast majority of other public bodies that oversee stuff and get phookall done. 

Vast majority, or well publicised minority of bad utility regulators?

1 minute ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Vast majority, or well publicised minority of bad utility regulators?

Vast majority offer nothing. 

Jobs for the boys. The charities I've dealt with are totally aghast at the ineptitude of the majority. 

2 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Vast majority offer nothing. 

Jobs for the boys. The charities I've dealt with are totally aghast at the ineptitude of the majority. 

Loads of the 90 or so regulators in the UK are doing a good job unnoticed, like the Medicines & Healthcare products Regulatory Agency, Fiancial Conduct Authority, Civil Aviation Authority.

Don't know what charities have got to with anything

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Luke said:

Dc you need to sell the club asap

Dc:no

Ok thanks for your time

Or,

Regulator. You’re no longer fit and proper

DC. So what?

Regulator. We’re putting in trustees to run the club.

DC. I’m closing my stadium, find somewhere else to play games.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Loads of the 90 or so regulators in the UK are doing a good job unnoticed, like the Medicines & Healthcare products Regulatory Agency, Fiancial Conduct Authority, Civil Aviation Authority.

Don't know what charities have got to with anything

Good grief. 🤣🤣🤣

6 hours ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Its all in the bill mate

Clause 39: Removal directions: owners
Subsections (1) and (2) specify that where the IFR has determined or is treated as having determined that an owner (P) of a regulated club is not suitable to be an owner, the IFR must give P a removal direction requiring them to take all reasonable steps to cease to be an owner before the end of ‘the removal period’.

Clause 41: Directions relating to unsuitable owners and officers
Subsection (2) specifies that the IFR may i) give the unsuitable owner or officer a direction prohibiting them (fully or partly) from carrying out specified activities or exercising specified rights as an owner or officer and/or ii) give the club a direction requiring it to ensure that the unsuitable owner or officer does not carry out or exercise (fully or partly) specified activities or rights.

Clause 43: Ownership removal orders
Subsection (3) sets out a non-exhaustive list of what provision an ownership removal order may include, such as provision which allows for:
a. the appointment of trustees;
b. the conferment of functions on those trustees (which may allow for trustees to action on behalf of P or any other person);
c. P or any other person to be required to take certain action, including in response to directions from appointed trustees.

The bill: 

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/bills/cbill/58-04/0187/230187.pdf

Explantory Notes: 

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/bills/cbill/58-04/0187/en/230187en.pdf

Hardly bedtime reading but if people actually read the stuff it would make for a better informed debate 

To be fair, if you read it, it doesn’t say anything. 
The water industry, energy industry and rail industry have independent regulators. 
Yet we still have sewage in our water, record profits and dividends and overcrowded trains running late if at all. 
Toothless tigers, advisory bodies at best and open to corruption. They all have bills and page after page after page of legalise too…..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

To be fair, if you read it, it doesn’t say anything. 

It actually says a lot. Whether it is effective remains to be seen
The water industry, energy industry and rail industry have independent regulators. 
Yet we still have sewage in our water, record profits and dividends and overcrowded trains running late if at all. 
Toothless tigers, advisory bodies at best and open to corruption. They all have bills and page after page after page of legalise too…..

There are good regulators and bad regulators. Just because there are some bad ones doesn't mean all regulation is doomed to be bad.

The football regulator is certainly not set up as an advisory body. It has strong legal powers, as quoted above

Just now, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

It really doesn’t. Please explain. There are no legal powers to enforce anything in that Bill. 

Its impossible to read the bill and come to that conclusion.

• Like 1

This post (my own here) goes against everything I believe in regarding Chansiri because he has run the club into the ground but I'm not sure legally on what grounds they could call him not a fit and proper owner at present, previously of course.

But at the minute he's reducing our outgoings by not signing anyone, bringing players in on lower wages etc. Hes reducing our losses and paying the bills. 

Can they go back on historical failures of which there are plenty or would they have to wait for him to do something wrong again. 

Could they use lack of investment into the training ground/stadium as a reason to pull him up. Could they use the fact the club doesn't have the required structure in place? 

This isn't a pro Chansiri message by any stretch of the imagination, I want him gone and I am pro protest to get him out, just not sure where we'd stand on the fit and proper side of things currently without taking into account previous issues.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

You do wonder how much of this stuff even filters down to him. Is there anybody at the club with the cajones to tell him he's walking around with a massive target on his back?

I would answer this with an emphatic yes. 

You only have to look at how quick he is to react if someone criticises him in the press. He has people registered on all forms of social media, including on here, reading everything that is said and collates names of fans he deems to be damaging the club. He even goes as far as checking how many games you've gone to to discredit arguements from fans.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Spookone said:

Still not sure if/how they could “force” a club owner to leave a club he owns, but it may make it uncomfortable for someone like DC to own a club.

This is my feeling. Bear in mind that if he falls foul of the new regulations it will be a huge sports story globally (in particular as his may well be a test case) and the ensuing publicity will play very badly for the family (and possibly the wider business) back in Thailand. I suspect (hope) that will be the ultimate trigger for him to sell up and go regardless of price.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

This post (my own here) goes against everything I believe in regarding Chansiri because he has run the club into the ground but I'm not sure legally on what grounds they could call him not a fit and proper owner at present, previously of course.

But at the minute he's reducing our outgoings by not signing anyone, bringing players in on lower wages etc. Hes reducing our losses and paying the bills. 

Can they go back on historical failures of which there are plenty or would they have to wait for him to do something wrong again. 

Could they use lack of investment into the training ground/stadium as a reason to pull him up. Could they use the fact the club doesn't have the required structure in place? 

This isn't a pro Chansiri message by any stretch of the imagination, I want him gone and I am pro protest to get him out, just not sure where we'd stand on the fit and proper side of things currently without taking into account previous issues.

5 transfer embargoes, a points deduction, threats to defund the club, ballancing the books through a scortched earth policy, no long term business plan, Chairman of the EFL tarring him with the same brush as Dai Yongge at Reading, the list could go on. And yes, failure to have good corporate governance in place will result in sanctions. It will be mandatory. Will that all add up to him being found not fit and proper in the regulators view, who knows.

It does in my book. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

This is my feeling. Bear in mind that if he falls foul of the new regulations it will be a huge sports story globally (in particular as his may well be a test case) and the ensuing publicity will play very badly for the family (and possibly the wider business) back in Thailand. I suspect (hope) that will be the ultimate trigger for him to sell up and go regardless of price.

See Clause 43: Ownership removal orders

4 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

See Clause 43: Ownership removal orders

Think the family will intervene if there is any danger of that happening. It would be too damaging to their other businesses given their overall reputation is already tarnished.