Just got back thread

Just now, ANDY said:

whilst ever that chump Chansiri is in charge we will only ever be a mediocre lower/mid championship team. Fighting relegation every few seasons. 

we have  been for the last 24 years .......

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, torryowl said:

like he did after southampton and hudders ........i like the bloke and how he sets up to play and have no problem if he carries on with it but i'd expect a few more  crushing away  defeats with the squad he's got at present .....its a bit bazball we win or we lose and keeping it tight for a 0-0  aint an option 

Going for a 0-0 doesn’t seem to be his style but today we should have gone for it. 

• Like 5

The fans are the best thing a out the club.  The worst thing is Chansiri's gross mismanagement.  No investment in the infrastructure during his ownership.  

Chansiri is grossly incompetent, severely lacking in intelligence and not a fit and proper person to run a football club.  Let's not beat around the bush and call a spade a spade.  Chansiri is the problem and needs to sell up and go.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Best supported club in the league by a county mile.

You give any other club the past 25 years we've had and tell me they would still have the support.

Jeez I remember when Wolves dropped from the top flight to the bottom division in the 80s and saw them play in front of 4k 

• Like 3

The disappointment yesterday was the heads going down after they scored. That’s unacceptable and has happened too often under the different managers with these players.

I didn’t expect to get anything yesterday but 6-0 is down to poor tactics and lack of character.

• Like 2

One thing apparent to me from both games with Ipswichvis that they know exactly how to play their system. Check out their records and I'd put good money on them having a settled side with a settled formation. When they were playing out from the back Morsy and Luongo come short and know where their defenders are. Their number 20 is the type where they can play it into him.and he can turn either way if its played tight.  I remember Luongo speaking after the home match about them creating overloads in places and especially down the flanks going forward- they did this yesterday on several occasions. 

I'm not criticising Röhl but we don't know our team from one week to the next, we don't know our formation and the players change so much that they are far less comfortable in their job.

As a passing thought, I'd say that the team we put out yesterday has more potential than last year's team, Ipswich's team hasn't changed greatly from last year, yet DMs side looked much closer to Ipswich than DRs does. Like many,  I'm sure DR will improve and he's already a better coach than DM, but the gap seems far wider right now and when under DM we played teams like Ipswich and Southampton, we didn't look lost. I'm.not advocating bringing DM back or trying to have a debate on his qualities, it's just an observation about the team right now.

9 hours ago, crookesowl said:

I agree that the chairman has a lot to do with it… but…. We went more attacking line up vs a top 3 side and it backfired massively. 

Today is one of those days Röhl will bank for his hindsight bank in his development as a manager. And we should expect it and move on cos Röhl is ace. 

We get beat yesterday whatever team he puts out ! Fair enough maybe by a few less.

Ipswich are better all over the pitch and off the pitch, that isn't due to any manager selections 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meggoisgod said:

We were wide open for the 2nd game in a row

I’m not too sure we were wide open against Leeds, we were holding our own for the first 44mins, the goal on the stoke of halftime killed us.

i would question the concentration and mentality of the players really.

• Like 1

Not sure it's possible to coach out a soft underbelly, particularly one which has been there for several years now.

Yesterday was a game to adopt a more pragmatic approach. We'd have lost anyway, but a bit of damage limitation is never a bad thing.

Going into a two week break with a 6-0 loss is not fantastic.

• Like 2

It seems that Rholl has to change something every week.

Either the line up or formation, I believe that he is over thinking the games.

As for learning from yesterday, he has had 28 games to get to know the strengths and weaknesses of the players.

Iorfa and Johnson are not conventional fulls backs, and as such do not have the mind set, we always look better with 3 in defence and Wing backs.

Playing that way is not defensive, but offers more in both areas.

Yesterday is history now, we lick our, hopefully, damaged pride and get ready for the Swansea game.

Hope and pray that Daftjon Chansiri recieves an offer too good for him to refuse.

• Like 2