6 minutes ago, lukeyswfc said:

His legs have gone.

Wasting money and completely disrespectful by Chansiri to not let him go out on loan to end his career. (And I don’t mean to go to Derby)

Agreed.

Chansiri’s handling of this situation shows just why he’s never been a successful businessman.

If a deal was in place only for him to go back and ask for a loan fee at the 11th hour, causing the deal to collapse, then the really is poor business.

Especially when you consider we are now having to pay his wages for the rest of the season and he’s not even in the squad.

• Like 9

Cads certainly has the energy to close down and chase. But, with all due respect to Cads I’d say Gregory is a lot smarter due to his experience than what Cads is. 

He is certainly a far better player than just being wasted sat in the stands. It was a stupid ridiculous decision made more than likely by a stupid self centred idiot of a chairman who knows nothing imho. If he wasn’t wanted by Danny then he should have been allowed to leave, plain and simple.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, nicko87 said:

He has been told quite clearly that he will not feature for SWFC, he will not play again full stop. Röhl wants a young, high press and dynamic squad  he doesn't feel Gregory fits this. To not let him leave was incredibly disrespectful in my eyes. 

I like Gregory and agree him staying on the books with no involvement is a waste of resources for the club and not good for a player who could still be playing at a decent level in the game. 

But surely he had the choice, he could have mutually cancelled his contract with SWFC and accepted a lower pay from another club? I can’t imagine we weren’t open to that?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, nicko87 said:

He has been told quite clearly that he will not feature for SWFC, he will not play again full stop. Röhl wants a young, high press and dynamic squad  he doesn't feel Gregory fits this. To not let him leave was incredibly disrespectful in my eyes. 

I get he wants a young, high press and dynamic squad.

What I don't understand is why he keeps putting on Smith, who is none of the above, when Gregory in my opinion could do a great job, particularly when it came down to game management.

I feel for Gregory, he deserves better.

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, Jwowl said:

I like Gregory and agree him staying on the books with no involvement is a waste of resources for the club and not good for a player who could still be playing at a decent level in the game. 

But surely he had the choice, he could have mutually cancelled his contract with SWFC and accepted a lower pay from another club? I can’t imagine we weren’t open to that?

Why would he?? 

Why would or should anyone do that?

The win win scenario is that he goes out on loan, the other team pays a percentage of his wage and everyone is happy. 

Blame the club not the player 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nicko87 said:

Which then begs the question

If DR wants young, high pressing and dynamic how the fizz is Smith getting game time?

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Mr Meadows said:

As a late sub would certainly have him over smith, cleverer, with a  better touch and more likely to score (unless it’s from the spot)

You are joking surely? Penalties aside, Smith in recent years has a better scoring record than Gregory.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

You are joking surely? Penalties aside, Smith in recent years has a better scoring record than Gregory.

Couldn’t score in a brothel, the amount of 1 on 1s he’s missed is criminal 

Edited by Mr Meadows
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, Willie Henderson said:

I get he wants a young, high press and dynamic squad.

What I don't understand is why he keeps putting on Smith, who is none of the above, when Gregory in my opinion could do a great job, particularly when it came down to game management.

I feel for Gregory, he deserves better.

Someone pointed out the other week - might have been Holmeowl - Smith has a notably better goal return per game than Gregory.  I doubt either is Röhl’s ideal option but you can’t blame him for going for the stronger goal return. 

More generally, I’m loathe to judge anyone under Munoz but when Gregory has been used up top this year he was struggling to get to longer balls and clearances, let alone win them. Röhl did try him, can’t remember who it was against, and he didn’t pull up any trees. Gregory has been a good servant to Wednesday in his time with us but I think sadly his time has passed. 

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Mr Meadows said:

As a late sub would certainly have him over smith, cleverer, with a  better touch and more likely to score (unless it’s from the spot)

I agree, Gregory's really good at holding the ball up and buying fouls when we need to shut the game down 

Fletcher should never play for us again and imo If we aren't going to sign a free agent striker time is running out so it's absolute madness to pay this lad to rot