We missed a golden opportunity in January to bring in a proven centre forward on top of Ugbo. 

Ipswich brought in Keiffer Moore. 

What a signing he has been. 

Having Wilks, Fletcher, Gregory bless him, Smith in our squad shows the lack of Championship quality players we have. 

Danny has done an amazing job with the players he has. But not bringing in a centre forward instead of Pedersen eg FFS was a mistake. I would have talked to Lucas Joao to agree a pay per game deal to rebuild his UK footballing career. What was our new Head of player recruitnent doing since he joined in December? Not impressed!! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Blergh said:

Completely agree. It felt like a sentimental decision in the summer. 

Or a manager that knew he had bugger all to spend and thought that he needed to keep him around

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

To say the manager is so highly thought of he does   seem to get a lot questioning his selections  .

Happens on every form I’m sure. They’ll be city and Liverpool fans that question some team selections

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 1952Owl said:

We missed a golden opportunity in January to bring in a proven centre forward on top of Ugbo. 

Having Wilks, Fletcher, Gregory bless him, Smith in our squad shows the lack of Championship quality players we have. 

Danny has done an amazing job with the players he has. But not bringing in a centre forward instead of Pedersen eg FFS was a mistake. I would have talked to Lucas Joao to agree a pay per game deal to rebuild his UK footballing career. What was our new Head of player recruitnent doing since he joined in December? Not impressed!! 

When was the last time, if ever, a pro player signed a pay as you play deal? Folk routinely trot it out as a way of balancing the risk of a dubious signing but I can’t remember such an deal ever happening. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Screen Door Slams said:

whether it is contractual or disciplinary

Why does it have to be either?

A manager (who has got way more than he's got right than he's got wrong so far) has made a decision.

He hasn't been disrespected, frozen out and a reason not given. It's just one of those things that happens in football. Prior to Wembley, most fans were saying they wouldn't have given him a new deal anyway.

I like Gregory a lot and think he's been an excellent signing for us, but I can't really imagine he'd have made much of a difference in any of the recent games we haven't won.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, sexpistol said:

I will personally trust our managers judgment over some posters on Owlstalk.

This is what people kept saying when 'posters on Owlstalk' were questioning Xisco bombing Marvin Johnson out of the squad to shut the conversation down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, island owl said:

Gregory would be far better than fletcher or Smith

Why? When he’s played this year he’s been every bit as mediocre as the others. He’s turning into the new Paul Heffernan. Gets better in peoples minds every hour he’s out the team. 

58 minutes ago, 1952Owl said:

You can't compare us to Ipswich signing Moore. Ipswich's budget dwarfs ours.

Not sure there's any need to bring Pedersen into it, we did need a left back and he's been decent at this level before, injuries happen.

You also can't slag the Head of Recruitment off and not credit him for the other signings.

You can't spend money you don't have and I don't think there was the financial power available in January for us to go out and get a proven striker at this level. Ugbo has been an excellent piece of business and that is the kind of signing we need to make more of. Low risk, value in the market signings that can push us on. Not the big money loan that doesn't work out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

If a deal was in place only for him to go back and ask for a loan fee at the 11th hour, causing the deal to collapse, then the really is poor business.

Especially when you consider we are now having to pay his wages for the rest of the season and he’s not even in the squad.

That's what Joe Crann reported. It's absolutely shambolic! So roughly 300-400 peoples Sts have funded this incompetence, paying Gregory for nothing . And there's still people think DC is good for our club!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1952Owl said:

Bournemouth loaned Moore to.a team looking at getting promoted rather than a team looking to get relegated.

Wonder why?

As for Joao the fact that he's now playing football in Qatar having being released by Reading for doing a Foresteri (refusing  to travel with the squad for their last away game of the season) should tell you all you need to know

6 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Agreed.

Chansiri’s handling of this situation shows just why he’s never been a successful businessman.

If a deal was in place only for him to go back and ask for a loan fee at the 11th hour, causing the deal to collapse, then the really is poor business.

Especially when you consider we are now having to pay his wages for the rest of the season and he’s not even in the squad.

I thought it was Röhl's decision, maybe got it wrong 

Here’s how the Championship annual wages for the upcoming break down for the upcoming 2023-24 campaign. The numbers are via Capology and are only estimates.

1. Leicester City – £60,190,000
2. Southampton – £40,014,000
3. Leeds United – £39,513,000
4. Norwich City – £24,196,000
5. West Bromwich Albion – £23,060,000
6. Cardiff City – £19,444,000
7. Stoke City – £18,340,000
8. Watford – £14,952,000
9. Sheffield Wednesday – £14,584,000
10. Middlesbrough – £13,582,000
11. Birmingham City – £13,228,000
12. Bristol City – £12,894,000
13. Hull City – £12,333,200
14. Swansea City – £12,276,000
15. Queens Park Rangers – £12,020,000
16. Ipswich Town – £11,378,000

2 hours ago, 1952Owl said:

What was our new Head of player recruitnent doing since he joined in December? Not impressed!! 

I would imagine that any problem didn’t reside with this guy finding people for us (which is his job) but more with the guy who micromanages every decision and would have trouble negotiating his way out of an open door. 

• Like 1