1 hour ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

I agree, I don't think he'd be the saviour some seem to think he would.

I can't think of any game that we have lost recently and think he'd have made a massive difference.

Good servant, did really well for us in League One, should have been allowed to leave in Jan.

Billy Sharp hasn't scored one goal for Hull yet. Similar age to Gregory and let's be honest, twice the Championship record of Gregory.

You can point at Vardy, but he's used sparingly now and is on a lot of money.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

He's very good around the goal but far too statuesque for the system we're playing.

The game's moved on from Wembley and league 1.

Yep.

He was the right player at the right time for us.

He could have perhaps done a job as a late sub had we continued with two up top this season, but he's totally unsuited to the way Röhl wants us to play.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

He's very good around the goal but far too statuesque for the system we're playing.

The game's moved on from Wembley and league 1.

I don't think people think he should be given a new contract or anything.
The argument is more that we are still paying his wages so seems daft him sitting at home when he could be on the bench in case we  need a goal in last 15 mins.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I don't think people think he should be given a new contract or anything.
The argument is more that we are still paying his wages so seems daft him sitting at home when he could be on the bench in case we  need a goal in last 15 mins.

If could be counter productive playing someone who is leaving in the summer.

I'm not saying they won't try, but they could lack an edge to their game, or not want to get injured.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

He was in the training video from the other week and in the picture they put out the other day.

I think people have misunderstood the situation a bit here, he's not been frozen out, he's just not being selected.

He might well have been at the gym, footballers often do stuff outside of training to keep themselves fit.

Oh yea. I get that. Just thought he'd use club facilities.... But maybe they aren't great compared to Virgin?

But if he's not been selected for the first team, why isn't he involved in the under 21s.

I mean, maybe he doesn't want to, but I'd assume he'd be handy to help develop some of the younger players in a similar way to how the prem team have a senior pro in their dev teams.

It'd benefit the younger players. Keep him more match fit..  maybe help him with a coaching career path?

14 hours ago, Stanowl said:

Virgin broadfield court?

Yea.

Edited by POWP

4 hours ago, POWP said:

Oh yea. I get that. Just thought he'd use club facilities.... But maybe they aren't great compared to Virgin?

But if he's not been selected for the first team, why isn't he involved in the under 21s.

I mean, maybe he doesn't want to, but I'd assume he'd be handy to help develop some of the younger players in a similar way to how the prem team have a senior pro in their dev teams.

It'd benefit the younger players. Keep him more match fit..  maybe help him with a coaching career path?

Yea.

The club facilities across the board need to be improved. I wouldn't be shocked at all if they were better at Virgin.

He might be doing bits with the U21's, we don't know. I don't know how much benefit he or they would get out of that.