Vaulks is such a pest, non-stop snapping away and filling gaps in front of the back 4. 

Has an important role to play in the remainder of the season, even more so since our kamikaze transfer policy has left us without many proper midfielders. 

• Like 1

Looked like he had some cupping massage marks on his back - shown on sky when shirting up and coming on.

Has he been carrying a back injury or something? Not sure if I missed it.

18 minutes ago, POWP said:

Looked like he had some cupping massage marks on his back - shown on sky when shirting up and coming on.

He had hamstring problems earlier in the year iirc .... just a continuation of treatment/preventative treatment imo.

Hope he's ok after picking up that knock because we need someone like him in the middle with a calm head and play the simple balls.

Momo gives the ball away too much for my liking and if he's injured as well we really are light in midfield. Though I always prefer a midfield 3, especially against the better teams, because we leave far to much room in the middle of the park for the opposites.

I just hope the madness of pushing Byers out doesn't come back to bite us on the bum.

7 hours ago, swfcnathan said:

My gf doesn't like football but whenever she watches she always asks why he's so angry and wants to fight everyone. Passion 🤣

Maybe she looks up because he looks like Ryan Gosling.

If Fletcher looked like Victoria Coren-Mitchell I’d want him to play every minute.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, S63 Owl said:

Vaulks was excellent when he came on and helped us see that game out. Did the ugly stuff well, mopped things up and broke play up. Momo’s injury couldn’t have come at a better time in terms of what Vaulks offered when he came on. 

Vaulks was in a rich vein if form before Röhl decided not to play him.  Baffling when you consider how short we are in midfield.  MoMo had a terribke game, lightweight, hardky touched the ball and when he dud made some very careless passes whuch put us in trouble.

Vaulks was our best player in that winning run of 3/4 games, then got injured and Röhl started chopping and changing the team (for the worst). 

Vaulks should have been straight back in. 

Hopefully we'll play him, Bannan and potentially Palmer away at Leicester. Wheels came off after the trouncing at Soton so I'd rather a bit more caution and grind out a result. 

• Like 1

Diaby looks like he's playing a game he's not comfortable with. The blind passes are liabilities, did improve in the 2nd half though.

Vaulks should be starting. He's composed, tackles and takes the heat out of the game and we seem to hit form when he's in the team. Let's hope he starts against Leicester and another 3 points  😁

8 hours ago, POWP said:

Yeah I saw that. Think he had an injury there last season didn't he? 

Hopefully he paid for that and the club didn't waste it's money on such nonsense 😂