Is It Time To Go Back To 352?

352 worked for us for the last couple of years but it relies on quality wing backs and doesn't allow for the selection of wingers.  I think Valentin would actually be decent in that role, but Gassama at LWB? Hmmm.

• Like 1

I'm not convinced it's about the system

Every team needs a solid spine

Our spine, Keeper, 2 centre half's, 2 central midfielders, and the 2 strikers, were all dog poo

Personally I think we look better when Vaulks is in the team, I'd have Diarby in midfield too

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

352 worked well for us under Moore, and we lined up like that in 80% of our league games last season.

But looking at our current squad, I'm not seeing it.

The most important players in that system are the wingbacks, and we've not really got many of Championship quality.

Gassama and Musaba have been among our better attacking players this season, so it would seem odd to suddenly ditch them or try to convert them to play a position they don't look cut out for.

I'm sure Röhl and his coaches will have explored all options, though.

If they think 352 is the solution, then no doubt we'll see it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loughborough Owl said:

A formation the players know and comfortable with, it then adds the protection at the back.

So 

Beadle 

Bernard Ihiekwe Famewo 

Valentin/Palmer  Diaby Vaulks Bannan Gassama 

Windass Ugbo

At least half the players you’ve mentioned haven’t played in a 352 for Wednesday.

433 is the way forward, solid through the middle with an attacking threat.

No amount of formation changes or different selections or even manager changes will change a thing.

There might be some ups and downs along the way - but no matter what happens the general direction of travel will be down until Chansiri leaves.

The whole concept of the hope you usually have of supporting a football club is totally dead. 

The only thing worth debating about this club is how we get rid of Chansiri. Everything else is pointless - that is what he has done to us.

I’m off to buy a Euro lottery ticket.

• Haha 1

I knew this subject would crop up before long and understandably so. That said I think we need to stick with this system. The rewards will be greater in the end even if we go down as daft as that sounds.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Fablon Dunlop said:

No. We should go back to 4-3-3 with Vaulks sat in the middle. 

Also, one of our biggest attacking outlets has been Gassama. He wouldn't fit into a 3-5-2

He would playing in a number 10 role supporting a central striker, or is that too much like thinking?