Wow! Klopp Leaving

4 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Likely not a popular opinion but I really like Klopp.

Good character who I think has a decent moral standing.

Possibly digging for reasons that aren’t there, but when he says he’s shattered and lacking in energy.. I wonder how much the modern game takes out of proper football people these days. He’s not alone in managers vocalising their frustration at the way the game just is at the minute. Klopp has spent years fighting against an oil state ownership with 115 breaches of financial fair play hanging over it (as yet unaddressed), maybe he’s caught wind his best player is off for Saudi money in the summer..

I dunno, merely speculating. But I find the modern game pretty tiresome and irritating and I don’t spend my life in it or are judged by trying to compete in it. I wouldn’t (and don’t in the case of those who are speaking out, like Roy) begrudge any of them from just throwing their hands up and saying “enough”.

Completely agree Dave.

He’s been terrific, even more so considering how competitive the PL has been the last 10 years especially how dominant City were/are still. Very unlucky to not be walking away having won much more. 

Just having a look at the stats, in the last 10 years Liverpool have spent ~£550million less than city on transfers and still managed to bring in £40million more for total transfers out. Fits the narrative that they've been handicapped vs City and Peps ability to sign another world class player each summer. Even  scarier they’ve spent £1BILLION less than Chelsea too. You could argue he’s seriously overachieved given the lack of resources compared to the other big 6. Goes to show how valuable the right manager, owners and infrastructure at the club truly can be. 

Is it too soon for Alonso? Hate seeing promising upcoming managers fast tracked into the PL before they’re ready. Have a feeling much like Arsenal & United they’ll experience a couple of underwhelming years whilst they try to rebuild, almost impossible to replace the titans like Fergie, Wenger, Klopp ect

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Just having a look at the stats, in the last 10 years Liverpool have spent ~£550million less than city on transfers and still managed to bring in £40million more for total transfers out. Fits the narrative that they've been handicapped vs City and Peps ability to sign another world class player each summer. Even  scarier they’ve spent £1BILLION less than Chelsea too. You could argue he’s seriously overachieved given the lack of resources compared to the other big 6. Goes to show how valuable the right manager, owners and infrastructure at the club truly can be.

Also he had more ground to make up when he started. I mean the way the standards have been raised back up at that club compared to the days of Hodgson and Rodgers, even Benitez and Houllier for as popular as they were, has been incredible. And compared to their nearest rivals, they've gone about it relatively organically. They've spent, of course they have, they're an elite club, but they've bought well and turned players into stars as well. I'm by no means a Liverpool fan by any stretch but I actually found it hard to dislike Klopp's version of them at times.

• Like 2

Says he wont manage a club or country for at least a year. 

Surely the FA need to get in there and tell him to name his price to take the England job in 2025? We could get through the euros and then run on autopilot through the WC qualifiers until the new year. 

Fanciful but worth a punt when an elite manager becomes available. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Says he wont manage a club or country for at least a year. 

Surely the FA need to get in there and tell him to name his price to take the England job in 2025? We could get through the euros and then run on autopilot through the WC qualifiers until the new year. 

Fanciful but worth a punt when an elite manager becomes available. 

The Gernan national side is a basket case at the minute. If he was going to.take over any national side surely it would be this one?

10 minutes ago, darra said:

The Gernan national side is a basket case at the minute. If he was going to.take over any national side surely it would be this one?

I doubt it.

He's German and a Scouse legend.

That doesn't sound like the next England manager to me.

I'm just hoping it means "it means more" Liverpool fall back to where they were mid 90s to early 2000s. Today has been ridiculous on SSN

Decent manager no doubt but not on the same planet as Pep, Anchelotti and Fergie

• Like 1

Agree with the posts above that Klopp is undoubtedly one of the best managers of the PL era, up there with Ferguson, Wenger, Guardiola and the Chelsea version of Mourinho. Probably one of the biggest characters too, it’s understandable why some people find him a bit grating but he’s one of those types who you’d love if he managed your club. 

Turning a profit in the transfer market while still challenging for and winning trophies is unusual enough nowadays, but doing that whilst up against the Man City juggernaut is some achievement.

They play some great football and it’s easy to forget how (mostly) crap Liverpool were for years after Benitez left. Klopp’s turned one of the biggest clubs in world football around and he’ll be a huge loss to them on and off the pitch.

Interesting to see where they go from here — they’re definitely in a better position than they were when he took over, but he’ll be a tough act to follow. 

Has his passive aggressive d!ckhead moments but he’s a) clearly an elite manager and b) masterful at managing the media and fans in a way which you need to be at clubs like Liverpool. Had them eating out of his hand well before he won anything. 

As much as anything, it’s a loss for the PL as he (like him or not) adds to the theatre and entertainment of it all. 

2 hours ago, TommyCraig said:

Sky sports news with a 5 hour reaction program followed by a 2 hour special. Do we think they're doing enough with this momentous news? 

BBC Sport has around 15 different articles running over different formats last time I checked.

Yeah, you may want to brace yourselves for an awful lot of coverage over the next few months. 

Even though I would probably put United just above them in terms of size of club, I'm not sure any English club commands positive media attention quite like Liverpool. 

Remember when Stevie G left Liverpool (didn't retire) and Sky just had to broadcast his last game at Anfield...which was an absolute nothing match against Crystal Palace. Liverpool lost 3-1 :duntmatter:

I genuinely thought he'd died :duntmatter:.

Came in and switched on SSN this afternoon ..

Black banner across the bottom 

Some reyt cọcksucking from the presenters ..

Done alright there to be fair, but not fit to clean the boots in the original boot room there ..

That lot were way ahead of Klopp 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I genuinely thought he'd died :duntmatter:.

Came in and switched on SSN this afternoon ..

Black banner across the bottom 

Some reyt cọcksucking from the presenters ..

Done alright there to be fair, but not fit to clean the boots in the original boot room there ..

That lot were way ahead of Klopp 

Correct...

• Like 1

Tbf, in the Premier League era (I know footy existed long before then), Klopp is by far and away the greatest manager they've had. 

For a couple of generations of Liverpool fans he's the only one to have won them a league title.