Wow! Klopp Leaving

It sort of reaffirms the point that Sir Alex and Wenger were not only geniuses but absolute mad men too. 

Staying in such high profile jobs for decades. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It sort of reaffirms the point that Sir Alex and Wenger were not only geniuses but absolute mad men too. 

Staying in such high profile jobs for decades. 

Especially for Wenger who for the last 10 years of his reign had to put up with being slagged off by his own fanbase. Must be very easy as a millionaire just to tell them to shove it, but they are clearly completely dedicated to their jobs and the game. 

• Like 1

Likely not a popular opinion but I really like Klopp.

Good character who I think has a decent moral standing.

Possibly digging for reasons that aren’t there, but when he says he’s shattered and lacking in energy.. I wonder how much the modern game takes out of proper football people these days. He’s not alone in managers vocalising their frustration at the way the game just is at the minute. Klopp has spent years fighting against an oil state ownership with 115 breaches of financial fair play hanging over it (as yet unaddressed), maybe he’s caught wind his best player is off for Saudi money in the summer..

I dunno, merely speculating. But I find the modern game pretty tiresome and irritating and I don’t spend my life in it or are judged by trying to compete in it. I wouldn’t (and don’t in the case of those who are speaking out, like Roy) begrudge any of them from just throwing their hands up and saying “enough”.

Edited by sheffield_dave
  • Like 5

I mean, he's done it all with them. 

They're winning something this season, they may win it all. 

You're tired, you've done everything you can. 

Go out on a high and with their fans still adoring you. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Likely not a popular opinion but I really like Klopp.

Unless you are a dyed ins the wool Man U or Evertn fan would think majority of people like Klopp.

Comes across as having a lot more personality than wishy washy other managers like Southgate and Eddie Howe.

They are pretty gutted. Klopp is highly thought of as a person as well as a manager in the city. He'll probably do similar to Benitez and keep roots here. Tremendous manager who will be difficult to replace. You'd assume they'll move heaven and Earth to get Alonso back to the club.

Rumours have already started...

"He's leaving because he was promised they would spend on Bellingham and Mbappe and then changed their minds so they fell out. The owners then spoke to Alonso in October, Klopp found out in November and told them he was done at the end of the season."

This one is a belter;

"Ratcliffe was made aware of Klopp's decision and bought into United on the basis of an agreement to sign Mbappe in the summer and for Klopp to replace Ten Hag. He has been offered silly money and the best player in the world. Turned down the Saudis"

Reckon he needs a break and he's also seeing his team come to the end of the line and probably doesn't fancy another rebuild in the face of FFP

Seen people like Potter linked with it but his Chelsea record probably puts him out of the running. Bookies arent often wrong and Alonso has all the makings of a top manager 

44 minutes ago, andrew1974 said:

Reckon he needs a break and he's also seeing his team come to the end of the line and probably doesn't fancy another rebuild in the face of FFP

Seen people like Potter linked with it but his Chelsea record probably puts him out of the running. Bookies arent often wrong and Alonso has all the makings of a top manager 

Alonso & De Zerbi are the 2 early favourites and I think either of them would be a good choice.

Pretty sure he left Dortmund in not too dissimilar circumstances? 

He was there for several years and felt it was the right time to move on. Went on a sabbatical for a year or so and then went back in. 

Incredible manager, can’t argue with that.

Built up an incredible Liverpool side.

Shows how obscene Wenger and Ferguson were though, they could survive era after era. You don’t get that much anymore.

Klopp will go out on a high and I hope they fail to replace him, though youd banker Alonso will be off there.

Klopp to manage Germany after the Euros?

2 hours ago, Luke said:

Cant stand the bloke 

Suits Liverpool and their victim mentality 

Yeah contradicting the post above,  i find him irritating and don't "like him".   

I actually tend to switch off when he's talking.    

That being said, due to his style of football and success it would be a fool who wouldn't want him as their own manager.