Jordan Henderson

2 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

I wonder if that’s why he’s coming home 

He’ll be on the plane regardless of who he’s playing for as long as he’s got two legs and Southgate is in charge. Can’t see many top PL sides being desperate to sign an expensive 33yo who can’t hack it in the Saudi league, mind. There’ll be a bit of a media circus around him now as well. 

Meanwhile, James Ward-Prowse is a better player who’s having a really good season at CM for West Ham, but can’t get a look-in for England…

• Like 2

I can't believe he wants to quit Saudi walking football in front of 500 fans to come back home.

It's as though living in a petro state enclosure isn't all it's cracked up to be, 

Reports seem to indicate that quite a few that have gone for money are finding it at tough life to get used to over there. 

This has shown him up for this true value. 

All this PR and managed stuff about LGBT rights his management company and agencies will have spun to help his image. Blown apart by sheer greed. 

I hope nobody touches him 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Bannofan said:

It's as though living in a petro state enclosure isn't all it's cracked up to be, 

Reports seem to indicate that quite a few that have gone for money are finding it at tough life to get used to over there. 

Apparently some don't even live in Saudi, and commute from neighbouring countries like Bahrain.

• Like 1

On 08/01/2024 at 15:26, Bannofan said:

I can't believe he wants to quit Saudi walking football in front of 500 fans to come back home.

It does take some getting used to, its a totally different environment 

I don't care if it's his choice or not. Which it absolutely was. He has the right to play football wherever. But it's one of the wettest decisions he could make as a player. He also let down the LGBTQ+ community massively. 

12 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

I don't care if it's his choice or not. Which it absolutely was. He has the right to play football wherever. But it's one of the wettest decisions he could make as a player. He also let down the LGBTQ+ community massively. 

I'd have had more respect for him if he had just come out and said: "Look, they're going to pay me a load of money, and it secures wealth within my family for generations to come." 

Instead, he trotted out some nonsense lines about wanting to help grow the game in Saudi, and then released that tone deaf interview where he cried about the negative feedback he'd got and how Liverpool no longer wanted him. 

The bloke is an absolute balloon. 

• Like 3