The Lyle Taylor saga continues

35 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

We could have Messi and Kane and they would either be deemed too old or not good enough by our fans. lol

We could have the young lad like the lad thats at Brighton in Cademateri who comes in and progresses and scores some goals,  but he wont get a chance instead we will start Fletcher who has scored 6 league goals in 4 seasons. His last goal was on the 3rd April 2023.

We could sign lyle Taylor who has not scored in the league since 19th Oct 2021.Ta

or give Cademateri a change who has 7 goals in his last 6 games.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We could have the young lad like the lad thats at Brighton in Cademateri who comes in and progresses and scores some goals,  but he wont get a chance instead we will start Fletcher who has scored 6 league goals in 4 seasons. His last goal was on the 3rd April 2023.

We could sign lyle Taylor who has not scored in the league since 19th Oct 2021.Ta

or give Cademateri a change who has 7 goals in his last 6 games.

Joking aside, I would like to see Cademateri, given a chance, as I would Shipston. However, is there a right or wrong time to do so?

Do you think they should be thrown in at the deep end when we aren't winning games. Would that hamper their progress if they don't play well? Or on the other hand, they could shine.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

Bannan could do with someone else left footed and capable of playing a quick one-two with himself for a return pass inside the full back towards the goal line.

Can anyone think of someone?🤨

I was only pondering just the other day how Bannan would now be ideal for the Ross Wallace role on the right feeding a marauding right wing back with younger legs (Byers?) playing the young Bannan role and Buckley the Kieran Lee run-all-day player. Just missing a Hutch dm/aux cb (Barnard maybe?) and a manager with any clue. 

I don't think we should sign him until the new manager decides what to do. You never know, Marvin Johnson may be brought back into the fold. It's ridiculous how a number of recent Wednesday managers have fallen out with players that are good enough to at least be squad players if not first teamers.

3 hours ago, paulrs said:

It’s absolutely right that we’re taking our time to assess him. We already have three centre forwards who probably aren’t good enough anymore to make an impact at this level - let’s minimise the risk of lumbering ourselves with another one. 

He's already better than what we've got so let's not miss out let's get him signed up. My only fear is the manager will play him out of position and make him appear a bad signing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Miffed said:

A) Would you prefer the prices at Sheffield Wednesday across the board, for example Season Tickets, matchday tickets, official merchandise, corporate hospitality, were reduced to previous eras? The consequence of this would be the sale of key senior players, regular promotion to the first team of academy youngsters and a reduced level of investment.

Answer: Yes 29.94% No 70.06%

B) Alternatively, would you prefer the club to build on the current level of investment, maintain the pricing structure, and extend our ongoing strategy geared towards promotion to the Premier League.

Answer: Yes: 70.14%  No: 29.86%

or  alternatively C) Watching dross every week and paying some of the highest ticket prices in the division 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, RevOwl said:

He's already better than what we've got so let's not miss out let's get him signed up. My only fear is the manager will play him out of position and make him appear a bad signing.

In what way is he better? 

Maybe a year ago. Yes. 

He would be a horrendous signing.. Noone wants him

We are a team of cheap Noone wants..... And they aren't wanted because. 

They are crap. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, paulrs said:

It’s absolutely right that we’re taking our time to assess him. We already have three centre forwards who probably aren’t good enough anymore to make an impact at this level - let’s minimise the risk of lumbering ourselves with another one. 

It’s a pity that we didn’t assess Ashley Fletcher before signing him. Who knows, it may have stopped us wasting a salary on him!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jp1981 said:

Joking aside, I would like to see Cademateri, given a chance, as I would Shipston. However, is there a right or wrong time to do so?

Do you think they should be thrown in at the deep end when we aren't winning games. Would that hamper their progress if they don't play well? Or on the other hand, they could shine.

I think getting young players on the pitch is the main thing, whether the teams playing well or struggling should not matter. If the kid does well then the fans will very quickly get on side for one of our own.

6 hours ago, edwinowl said:

Let’s be honest. DC won’t sanction it until after Friday because surely if we lose and are woeful its bye bye  X. New manager again and players he doesn’t want. Round and round we go. 

Absolutely right.

99% of new managers would want Marvin Johnson back in the squad

3 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Everybody is criticising our lack of long term plan and profile of signing.

Then they want us to sign a 30 something striker that’s had most success a division lower, last scored two years ago and refused to play for a previous club.

Sounds perfect!

Ticks the experience box for most 🥱

Another Ashley Fletcher and a waste of a spot.

Sky high prices for has beens. Cheers DC