Scottish Football 23/24

18 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Utter joke this stupid ******** for tat is still going. Has ruined the fixture. 

It is ridiculous.  Both clubs should agree to the European allocations and the SPFL should enforce it and not pander to either side.

This latest crap from Celtic about it not being safe for supporters doesn't wash with me. Especially when you consider some of the treatment away fans have received at Celtic park in recent times. 

Amateur hour. 

It almost seems like a board trying to save face with a support that quite frankly detest them. 

8 hours ago, Liam_Baggies said:

It is ridiculous.  Both clubs should agree to the European allocations and the SPFL should enforce it and not pander to either side.

This latest crap from Celtic about it not being safe for supporters doesn't wash with me. Especially when you consider some of the treatment away fans have received at Celtic park in recent times. 

Amateur hour. 

It almost seems like a board trying to save face with a support that quite frankly detest them. 

The SPFL need to step in and bang some heads together. This stupid stand off is ruining their biggest fixture and hurting fans. Been going on for years now and it’s time both clubs were told to grow the fizz up. 

Celtic drop points again yesterday at home to Killie and Rangers have the chance to take the lead by beating St Johnstone in Perth today.

Another 3 points for Hearts yesterday who have the 2nd best record in Europe over the last 10 games out of all European top flight leagues. Only Internazionale better.

Hearts last 12 competitive fixtures have been 11 wins and 1 draw including wins away at Hibs and Celtic. Rangers at Ibrox up next where we should have won earlier in the season and I’m confident of going there and getting a result.

If Hearts hadn’t started the season so slowly we would be in a title race!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Titles done.

No way do either Rangers fall apart now, or Celtic show the fortitude needed to turn it round.

The board at Celtic got lucky with Postecoglu, but going back for Rodgers was never the right move, who’s proving to be the ‘company man’ that Lawwell really wanted…

Far too much emphasis on highlighting the money they make, whilst taking their eye off the ball of the turnaround going off a few miles west.

Edited by g-owls
  • Haha 1

The problem at Celtic is three-fold. The board, the players and the manager.

A lack of investment from the board and a poor management choice is the biggest reason IMO. 

The lack of leadership on the park at Celtic is a big factor too. Other than O’Riley and McGregor the team has nobody pulling the strings. They haven’t recruited well to replace players they’ve lost.

Rodgers football is too slow and pedestrian. Chris Sutton made a very interesting point about players in the squad he has improved this season. Other than Scales I can’t think of any that have got better, Sutton said none have got better. That’s a seriously bad regression and reflection on the manager. 

Clement has done a good job turning them round but this Rangers team aren’t that great. They’re getting a bit cocky now and expecting an easy game at the weekend and I think we will give them a game. We should have won at Ibrox earlier in the season. There will be more twists and turns yet. Hearts are going into the game at Ibrox in great form and I wouldn’t swap our forward players for Rangers options. They’ll dominate the game but I fancy our players to be more clinical with chances than Dessers and co and they’ll struggle with the pace if Oda and Vargas. Hopefully it will be a good game.

• Haha 1

On 18/02/2024 at 08:02, edinburghowl said:

Celtic drop points again yesterday at home to Killie and Rangers have the chance to take the lead by beating St Johnstone in Perth today.

Another 3 points for Hearts yesterday who have the 2nd best record in Europe over the last 10 games out of all European top flight leagues. Only Internazionale better.

Hearts last 12 competitive fixtures have been 11 wins and 1 draw including wins away at Hibs and Celtic. Rangers at Ibrox up next where we should have won earlier in the season and I’m confident of going there and getting a result.

If Hearts hadn’t started the season so slowly we would be in a title race!

Still confident?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

I was just coming on to say I admired his optimism.

You would be optimistic if you’d won 11 and drawn 1 in your last 12. We were poo defensively today. Bad day at the office and Rangers deserved winners. Hearts kept the ball well but shot ourselves in the foot with mistakes

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, SnowyOwl13 said:

I watched this game, considering the weak penalty Celtic got, they can have no complaints. 

Ex Premier League ref Dermot Gallagher said the only incorrect VAR call was the penalty Celtic received. Cochrane was fouled and it should have been a free kick to Hearts. Thankfully justice was done when Zander saved it. 

The red card for Yang was dangerous play and correctly upgraded by VAR. Our penalty hit both Johnston and Iwata’s arms below the sleeve and away from the body. Harsh but a penalty under the new laws. Obviously I’ll take it. Shankland’s other goal correctly ruled out for offside. 

We were the deserved winners and Brendan Rodgers is deflecting from his own shortcomings as a manager by mouthing off at the officials. Same with the Glasgow media. 

• Haha 2