Scottish Football 23/24

8 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Hibs beaten 2-1 by the runners up from the Andorra Premier League last night in their Europa Conference League qualifier lol 

Bet @edinburghowl was loving that one. 

Aye it was very funny and the hilarious thing is they were very fortunate that it was only 2-1. Last minute free kick for Hibs to bring one goal back, and Inter missed two great opportunities on the counter, one of which was a 3 on 1. It could and should have been more.

It was a great day for Hearts fans yesterday and it has been a great week. A new 150th anniversary kit released which is the best kit I think I’ve ever seen, Japanese International forward Kyosuke Kagawa confirmed as signing, Costa Rica U21 forward Kenneth Vargas confirmed as signing, Old Firm ticket allocation cut to 1 section of 1 stand to less than 700 seats, and club confirmation of a 7,000 waiting list for season tickets after our 15,500 season ticket sell out. 

Good times to be a Hearts fan and a club very much on the up!

I’m booked up for Rosenborg for the trip to Trondheim in the Conference League too. Can’t wait! Just praying they get the job done against Crusaders in the 2nd leg because I’ve paid for the flights to Norway and hotel lol 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, edinburghowl said:

Aye it was very funny and the hilarious thing is they were very fortunate that it was only 2-1. Last minute free kick for Hibs to bring one goal back, and Inter missed two great opportunities on the counter, one of which was a 3 on 1. It could and should have been more.

It was a great day for Hearts fans yesterday and it has been a great week. A new 150th anniversary kit released which is the best kit I think I’ve ever seen, Japanese International forward Kyosuke Kagawa confirmed as signing, Costa Rica U21 forward Kenneth Vargas confirmed as signing, Old Firm ticket allocation cut to 1 section of 1 stand to less than 700 seats, and club confirmation of a 7,000 waiting list for season tickets after our 15,500 season ticket sell out. 

Good times to be a Hearts fan and a club very much on the up!

I’m booked up for Rosenborg for the trip to Trondheim in the Conference League too. Can’t wait! Just praying they get the job done against Crusaders in the 2nd leg because I’ve paid for the flights to Norway and hotel lol 

I only caught last 10 mins but the right winger looked decent for Hibs. Do you know much about him?

38 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

I only caught last 10 mins but the right winger looked decent for Hibs. Do you know much about him?

Elie Youan and yes he is a very good player. They had him on loan last season and have signed him permanently from St Gallen in Switzerland. Fee £5-600k ish apparently. Definitely one of their better players 

• Thanks 1

On 28/07/2023 at 09:31, owls maniac said:

Suffice to say the traveling Hibs fans were less than impressed 

Shocker of a result but bit of an overreaction there, bearing in mind theres a second leg to come and theyre only a goal behind.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

I'll stick my predictions in here for the Scottish Premiership -

1. Rangers 

2. Celtic 

3. Hearts

4. Aberdeen 

5. Motherwell 

6. Hibernian 

7. Kilmarnock 

8. Ross County 

9. Livingston 

10. St Mirren 

11. Dundee

12. St Johnstone 

Good picks there I think mate. There are effectively a few mini leagues in the Scottish Prem now and I think there should be fairly sizeable gaps between those mini leagues too. Tough call between the Glasgow pair for the title but I’m not massively convinced by Rangers signings. I think Celtic should have just enough.

Top 2

Hearts/Hibs/Aberdeen

Maybe Motherwell/St Mirren/Kilmarnock

The rest

To be fair anyone from 6th downwards could finish bottom but St Johnstone, Livi, County and Dundee look particularly poo .

For me it’s:

1. Celtic 

2. Rangers

3. Hearts

4. Hibs 

5. Aberdeen

6. St Mirren

7. Motherwell 

8. Kilmarnock 

9. Ross County

10. Dundee

11. St Johnstone

12. Livingston 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Good picks there I think mate. There are effectively a few mini leagues in the Scottish Prem now and I think there should be fairly sizeable gaps between those mini leagues too. Tough call between the Glasgow pair for the title but I’m not massively convinced by Rangers signings. I think Celtic should have just enough.

Top 2

Hearts/Hibs/Aberdeen

Maybe Motherwell/St Mirren/Kilmarnock

The rest

To be fair anyone from 6th downwards could finish bottom but St Johnstone, Livi, County and Dundee look particularly poo .

For me it’s:

1. Celtic 

2. Rangers

3. Hearts

4. Hibs 

5. Aberdeen

6. St Mirren

7. Motherwell 

8. Kilmarnock 

9. Ross County

10. Dundee

11. St Johnstone

12. Livingston 

I don't know why but I feel St Johnstone are due a return to the 2nd tier. They've not started the season well albeit the group stage of the league cup is probably considered part of pre season and they have a rookie in charge now in Maclean. 

12 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

I don't know why but I feel St Johnstone are due a return to the 2nd tier. They've not started the season well albeit the group stage of the league cup is probably considered part of pre season and they have a rookie in charge now in Maclean. 

Looking at their manager, squad and their budget it is a high probability I agree. Saintees will 100% be in the mix for relegation for sure.

We are in Perth at the weekend so I’ll be able to say better how they look after watching the game. Early days but I expect Dundee and Livi to be equally pish too

On 31/07/2023 at 09:22, Beighton Owl 87 said:

I'll stick my predictions in here for the Scottish Premiership -

1. Rangers 

2. Celtic 

Would like you to be right with this one but I think Rangers have it all to prove for this to be a serious suggestion. Lets be honest Celtic were streets ahead under Ange and Rodgers is a good enough manager that you'd think they'd avoid a cavernous drop off. Rangers best hope is for Celtic to drop a couple of clangers early doors. You'd think Rodgers might be on a short leash with the locals..