£65 for a replica shirt !! Scandalous!!!

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The whole 'if you don't like the price you don't have to buy it' comments are totally missing the whole point of the discussion

There not though, people are pointing out that everything has gone up! Hence the increase in the cost of manufacturing and shipping the kit!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Owl in Manc said:

There not though, people are pointing out that everything has gone up! Hence the increase in the cost of manufacturing and shipping the kit!

But that's not anything to do with 'if you don't like it you dont' have to buy it' mate - different discussion entirely

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, Owl in Manc said:

How much do you think the club are making per shirt... I would imagine there's a 65% plus margin.Those shirts are produced in China at absolute rock bottom prices and shipping is by the container load at around 3k for a fully loaded container.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Sounds like the going rate to me

From an article last summer (published before evey club had announced their prices), these were the prices of Championship shirts last season:

Birmingham City - £55

Blackburn Rovers - £52

Blackpool - £50

Bristol City - £50

Coventry City - £50-£55

Huddersfield Town - £49

Middlesbrough - £50

Millwall - £50

Norwich City - £55-£65

Rotherham United - £44

Stoke City - £48

Sunderland - £55

Swansea City - £48

Watford - £55

West Bromwich Albion - £54.99

Wigan Athletic - £47

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HopefulOwl said:

How much do you think the club are making per shirt... I would imagine there's a 65% plus margin.Those shirts are produced in China at absolute rock bottom prices and shipping is by the container load at around 3k for a fully loaded container.

I know where they are produced! Same place as most Football kits under license! Liverpool kit is £75, produced in the same factory! City will be same! So much more expensive then ours!

8 minutes ago, HopefulOwl said:

Club gets absolutely nothing like 65%

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

From an article last summer (published before evey club had announced their prices), these were the prices of Championship shirts last season:

Birmingham City - £55

Blackburn Rovers - £52

Blackpool - £50

Bristol City - £50

Coventry City - £50-£55

Huddersfield Town - £49

Middlesbrough - £50

Millwall - £50

Norwich City - £55-£65

Rotherham United - £44

Stoke City - £48

Sunderland - £55

Swansea City - £48

Watford - £55

West Bromwich Albion - £54.99

Wigan Athletic - £47

I am thinking of football shirts I see in the shops...usually more expensive including England etc 

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I am thinking of football shirts I see in the shops...usually more expensive including England etc 

We're not the kind of club whose shirts you see in the shops outside Sheffield, though - were a newly-promoted Championship club.

There's little point comparing us to England, Man City, Liverpool, Real Madrid etc.

• Like 2