£65 for a replica shirt !! Scandalous!!!

Guest Pele said
2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Well they are, they're pricing out anybody who can't/won't pay £65 for a football shirt that'll be out of date in a year, but would have bought one if they'd been a more reasonable price.

But they sold them all last year- the home tops anyways so if they sold them for less they would have made less money. A replica football shirt is hardly an entitlement. Just wear last years it’s better anyway.

2 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Sold now by looks of it, says here that they were £59. https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2023/june/owls-202324-home-kit-on-sale-from-wednesday/ 

I remember queuing at Meadowhall when they first went on sale. They've been same price for past two seasons. 

I have to say that £59 or £65 is bloody expensive, I'm a bit undecided whether to get one but I'm off to Tenerife next week and I'd like to spread the word in the new shirt. 

It states when we were last in the championship -

Previously in the Championship, our shirt pricing had been held at £59 for an adult short sleeve shirt, though due to increased operating and manufacturing costs, these will increase to £65 (including 20% VAT) for the 2023/24 campaign.

I'm not trying to be negative about the club but they've worded it to look as though it's only £6 increase when it's actually £13. Same with the next phase of season ticket sales not showing a grid with the current prices because they know deep down its more expensive than it should be.

Either way in a cost of living crisis, food will always come before a shirt that'll change in 12 months.  Ridiculous pricing, particularly when you can't/don't work, will price a lot out of going as much as they'd like to and expecting us to pay £130 for both shirts is plain ludicrous.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pele said said:

But they sold them all last year- the home tops anyways so if they sold them for less they would have made less money. A replica football shirt is hardly an entitlement. Just wear last years it’s better anyway.

If they did it took a Wembley appearance to get them sold out, there were loads buying them in the days before the play off final. Last time I went in the shop, which would've been to collect tickets for the Peterborough away play off game, there were tons of them still on display. 

• Like 1

Guest Pele said
Just now, alanharper said:

If they did it took a Wembley appearance to get them sold out, there were loads buying them in the days before the play off final. Last time I went in the shop, which would've been to collect tickets for the Peterborough away play off game, there were tons of them still on display. 

So they sold out then.

36 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

As per title I was hoping they’d be reducing the price in a cost of living crisis.

First Season Tickets now this they really are pricing fans out of it. 

I know we’re all on a high at the moment but this is disgusting!! 

You are just a bad customer. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Some on here ( the good customers ) would happily sell their houses and all their worldly goods to help build DC's promotion warchest.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

They claim the reason for increasing price is increased supplier and manufacturer costs yet I'd assume the same manufacturer supplies all other clubs such as Stoke as said above. All we've done is mark it up by more than they have.. another cracking decision. 👍👍

Edited by HopefulOwl
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jon Adam said:

Either way in a cost of living crisis, food will always come before a shirt that'll change in 12 months.  Ridiculous pricing, particularly when you can't/don't work, will price a lot out of going as much as they'd like to and expecting us to pay £130 for both shirts is plain ludicrous.

If you can't or don't work I doubt people would be able to afford one at £50 never mind £65. 

When I was not working in 1990s I never bought one when they first came out, I always waited until they were selling them off at end of season, frequently paid less than £10 for one. 

They never get reduced in price like that anymore unfortunately.  

• Like 1

Just now, Pele said said:

So they sold out then.

I have no idea, you're saying so. I'm saying that if they did it was only in exceptional circumstances, i.e. the play off final, you're saying they sold out at last season's prices as if they were like rocking horse s__t all year. It took Wembley to shift all of the ample remaining stock to all those going to their first game of the season, so that doesn't mean we'd have sold the same number all season if they'd been £65. 

49 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

As per title I was hoping they’d be reducing the price in a cost of living crisis.

First Season Tickets now this they really are pricing fans out of it. 

I know we’re all on a high at the moment but this is disgusting!! 

Effective promotion has lead to increases prices as long as people pay it then they will keep doing it.

This is an 10% increase from last season. 

It's a lot of money, especially if you've got kids in your ear asking for a new shirt.

But... In 2000 I paid £40 for the new shirt (Chupa Chups)

Now according to a Bank of England inflation calculator, that £40 in 2000 is today £70.92.

• Like 4