£65 for a replica shirt !! Scandalous!!!

People have the choice to buy club merchandise or not, and it will be influenced by their personal circumstances.

Of course Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and Real Madrid children's shirts are cheaper because they benefit from much higher volume and economies of scale in the manufacturing process. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Daz said:

People have the choice to buy club merchandise or not, and it will be influenced by their personal circumstances.

Of course Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and Real Madrid children's shirts are cheaper because they benefit from much higher volume and economies of scale in the manufacturing process. 

Agree with all of the above - but what about Huddersfield, Stoke and Bristol City - where is their economy of scale?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Daz said:

These clubs also have to compete with fake shirts which you can pick up quite easily, especially abroad. Quality of these fake shirts can be quite good too. 

I've seen a fake version of ours online. 

They don't usually do clubs outside premier league so they must have seen the number of fans at Wembley and thought that they can make a few quid here. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Swansea shirt is £53 so yet again another club not seeing the need to rip fans off.

It's crazy that £53 for a polyester shirt is seen as not ripping fans off, isn't it?

I remember reading an article a few years back which said they cost around £5 to make. 

2 hours ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

... or my 6 month old. £59 isnt it? I can get her an entire summer wardrobe for that. 

I'm looking at £84 for the junior kit, as my 6 year old has outgrown the infant kits.

Just been down to his football training, and most of the other kids are wearing knock-off Argentina, Juventus, Man City, Real Madrid etc. kits which you can apparently get online for around £30.

It's tempting to just get him one of them instead, considering he'll have outgrown it again by next summer.

I'd much rather see him in a Wednesday kit, but the cost is making me think twice.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm looking at £84 for the junior kit, as my 6 year old has outgrown the infant kits.

Just been down to his football training, and most of the other kids are wearing knock-off Argentina, Juventus, Man City, Real Madrid etc. kits which you can apparently get online for around £30.

It's tempting to just get him one of them instead, considering he'll have outgrown it again by next summer.

I'd much rather see him in a Wednesday kit, but the cost is making me think twice.

she’ll wear a hand me down 5 seasons old kit. Wanted to get her a new one but not at that price

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, modboy said:

I can’t believe how much a kit is for a 5 year old. It’s bonkers. 

I think this is the main problem. 

Ok bang a few extra quid on adult shirts fair enough. But £57 for a baby/toddler kit is shocking. 

We want to see kids running round in Wednesday shirts not Man City/Barca/ or Madrid shirts that you can get for a tenner. 

• Like 4

On 12/06/2023 at 17:23, Owl in Manc said:

Premier clubs charging 75 pound, none of their fans moaning! 

I don't buy the shirts as I know they are all made in one or two factories under license, just like all clothing!

Do you not buy any clothing then?

On 17/06/2023 at 08:22, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

@bonkingbadger - what's funny about what I posted?

🤷‍♂️

It would be nice if we could leave a reaction to reactions, so that when you disapprove of another user's reaction you can neg it.

Edited by bobness
  • Like 1