City v Madrid

I'd like Man City to win it this season,  mainly just to see how it changes Pep's approach to being Man City manager.  Seeing as he's spent years chasing the champions league.   Will he stay to build a dynasty of trophies or seek a new challenge? (in Italy etc) 

Pep hasn't won the CL since leaving Barca - and that's with 2 of europe's heavyweights in Bayern and City

I feel its becoming a bit of a monkey on his back and he desperately wants to shake it off

he's won everything else domestically at all his clubs 

Big test again for City tonight and as i've already said i'm leaning toward Madrid doing what they do and knocking out English teams

I also feel its why Haaland was signed - to get them over the line on these monumental matches - so winning the CL will be vindication of that strategy

Hope for City but expect Madrid to go through

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

I reckon so

What is the craic with Madrid, do they just target the CL now? Heard Barca haven't been particularly good?

I don’t think this Real side is as good as in recent years. Got some pace about them but I think City will win comfortably tonight 

2 minutes ago, Django said:

Whose batsh*t mental idea was it to put Steve Mcmanaman on commentary duty? It’s bad enough having to listen to Michael Owen doing the build up 

The BT selection of commentators is shocking at the best of times. 

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I reckon so

What is the craic with Madrid, do they just target the CL now? Heard Barca haven't been particularly good?

The Champs League has always been their trophy. 

I think you could finish 3rd as Madrid manager and win the Champs League and be fine. 

If you won the title and got dumped out of the CL earlier, you probably get sacked! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

The Champs League has always been their trophy. 

I think you could finish 3rd as Madrid manager and win the Champs League and be fine. 

If you won the title and got dumped out of the CL earlier, you probably get sacked! 

Are Barca the same?

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Are Barca the same?

No, probably not. 

In terms of the European Cup/CL, Barca aren't as successful as you'd think. 

Their first title wasn't until 1992, and then it wasn't until 2006 that they won the title again. 

Real Madrid are synonymous with the CL.