City v Madrid

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

No, probably not. 

In terms of the European Cup/CL, Barca aren't as successful as you'd think. 

Their first title wasn't until 1992, and then it wasn't until 2006 that they won the title again. 

Real Madrid are synonymous with the CL. 

I always see it that the CL should be a bonus to winning the league but I guess they've won so many leagues it doesn't matter.

I find the football culture in Spain quite weird, I've lived with a few Spanish people and they're quite far removed from English fans, they all seem to support Madrid and have the place they're from as a second team, even if quite a big place like Seville. They all hated Barcelona, I remember Athletico Madrid beating Barca and them celebrating manically, I was like "isn't it still kinda bad?" and they were like no we don't mind we hate Barca.

1 minute ago, sMacLean said:

Real Madrid doing a Wednesday vs Peterborough.

I wonder where our efforts rank in terms of the worst performances in semi final (two legged) history? 

Just now, BIG D said:

Kyle Walker just gets faster

lol

He was in a class at high storrs with two of my mates and bullied a teacher, to the point she snapped and said he’d never achieve anything in life…. Which weirdly makes me want him to win a champions league or WC lol 

he was that kid who’d run up to six formers and stick his fingers up at them then take off like a whippet too

this is all allegedly of course but it would right to me 

oooooh 2-0 

It's not just a case of having talented footballers, it's about having big game players who step up in the big moments. 

City are littered with them, particularly in that midfield area. 

The amount of times De Bruyne, Gundogan, Silva etc., come up with a big goal. 

• Like 1