City v Madrid

8 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

The hate for city is just jealousy let’s be honest. All the comments about a plastic fan base don’t even make sense as they have always had strong support going back to the 90s in the 2nd division 

Fans of Man Utd, Chelsea etc just jealous that although they spent similar sums to City, they haven’t got half the team. And they haven’t got a mastermind like Pep 

I bet that 99% of all the comments about "low" Man City attendances that you see on social media come from the sad plastic Man Utd and Liverpool gloryhunters who've never even been to "their team"'s city in their life. 

As you say, Man City were always a big club with strong support before they got taken over. The sad thing is though, as Man City dominate and win everything, the new generation of gloryhunters are going to "support" them and they're going to become everything that they loathed about Man Utd. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

On other hand the physicality of the 1999 side might be difficult for City to play with, they won't be used to coming up against somebody like Roy Keane. It really depends which year this game is going to be played in. 

Haaland is a throwback player for me, a striker that is allowed to concentrate on being a striker which hasn't been the fashion for a while, so I don't think he would have the same impact

I don’t think you’ll see anyone bullying this City side 

56 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Tbf, that Man U 99 midfield is one of the greatest of all time, certainly for the days of 4-4-2.

Suppose the only way to compare is do a best XI between the two sides.

What formation we going for?

I rest my case.

THAT atmosphere, passion, sheer and utter joy tonight surpassed man city last night.

And i didnt see anyone getting their phones out, when palmer scored the 4th, to take a picture of it

Nothing against city particularly. A long time ago they did have great support, like ours. I just dislike the  arrogant pretentious "top 6"" clubs and their huge percentage plastic fans. I also dont fall for the sky and media hype that no other clubs matter outside the city/ manu / liverpool etc. They sell you this myth because THEY WANT YOUR MONEY

None of you will convince me that our match tonight wasnt better for unbridled joy and  what football fans is really about

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, markg said:

What formation we going for?

Hmmm, it's a tough call. 

Think it's only fair we rule out City's current 3-2-4-1 formation thing they are playing atm. 

Think it would have to be a 4-3-3 or a 4-4-2 tbh. 

I'd suggest there are enough good players in both teams to crowbar them into a formation. 

16 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Hmmm, it's a tough call. 

Think it's only fair we rule out City's current 3-2-4-1 formation thing they are playing atm. 

I'd suggest there are enough good players in both teams to crowbar them into a formation. 

I'm going to have to think about it 🙂 One thing for sure is that it wouldn't have beaten us last night!!!

16 hours ago, eightbelow said:

It was pal, but in terms of quality of football City are on a different planet. Ginger Kevin is an alien being with 4 dimensional vision and the ability to disrupt the space time continuum with his passing.

I think city are on a different planet to everyone football wise.

imagine our fans with that team!

On 19/05/2023 at 12:53, SiJ said:

Hmmm, it's a tough call. 

I'm going...

Ederson

Walker

Stam

Dias

Irwin

De Brunye

Keane

Scholes

Silva

Haaland

Grealish

On 19/05/2023 at 00:18, wakefieldowl said:

I rest my case.

THAT atmosphere, passion, sheer and utter joy tonight surpassed man city last night.

And i didnt see anyone getting their phones out, when palmer scored the 4th, to take a picture of it

Nothing against city particularly. A long time ago they did have great support, like ours. I just dislike the  arrogant pretentious "top 6"" clubs and their huge percentage plastic fans. I also dont fall for the sky and media hype that no other clubs matter outside the city/ manu / liverpool etc. They sell you this myth because THEY WANT YOUR MONEY

None of you will convince me that our match tonight wasnt better for unbridled joy and  what football fans is really about

I don't think the two things are really 'for' the same people.

A stadium full of tourists and two-club scarf wearers and people on a corporate jolly is never going to feel like Hillsborough did the other night, regardless of the quality of the football on offer.  In fact the actual quality of the football is entirely incidental to the experience for many traditional football fans.

Which is just as well, really.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, owlinexile said:

I don't think the two things are really 'for' the same people.

A stadium full of tourists and two-club scarf wearers and people on a corporate jolly is never going to feel like Hillsborough did the other night, regardless of the quality of the football on offer.  In fact the actual quality of the football is entirely incidental to the experience for many traditional football fans.

Which is just as well, really.

I think the city game that we should compare it too was the one where aguerooooooo scored in the last minute for their 1st title