Man City are boring me now

7 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

The fact that it was used in wrestling on World of Sport throughout the 70s and early 80's, to the point that the commentator introduced the segment with ' Hi their,  grapple fans' , is just a bizarre coincidence. 

I can empathise with Biggsy here 

I too once coined a phrase used in football

Back in 2016 I was looking through my old coin collection and after a Wednesday game in which Barry Bannan was man of the match. I came across an old 6 pence. It’s a pretty small coin and I immediately thought about how our Baz is that nimble he could probably turn on something as small as a 6 pence 

That’s how the saying  “ turned on a 6 pence” came about 

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Django said:

I can empathise with Biggsy here 

I too once coined a phrase used in football

Back in 2016 I was looking through my old coin collection and after a Wednesday game in which Barry Bannan was man of the match. I came across an old 6 pence. It’s a pretty small coin and I immediately thought about how our Baz is that nimble he could probably turn on something as small as a 6 pence 

That’s how the saying  “ turned on a 6 pence” came about 

He'll be trying claim 'dink' next. Thieving twohat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Django said:

Unbelievable how Modric is still at this level at his age 

I went to watch Madrid 7 years ago for my 40th, I think Modric that night was the finest performance I have ever seen live. He was just insanely good.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I've been watching for about 10 minutes before realising city aren't a man down, due to the way BT want to show the kit colours. As though we wouldn't know who the teams are

I had to pop out and thought the same when I came back

lol

• Haha 1

2 best sides in Europe now in a one off shoot out in Manchester

I think Madrid will definitely score

So depends what City do at the other end

Such a shame this couldn't have been a potential final

On 06/05/2023 at 13:46, MF TAZ said:

when Man U dominated, they still lost 8 or 9 games a season and won with 80 points

Since the PL has been a 38 game season, the most defeats by the champions was 11 - Man Utd in 2010/11

The nearest to that is 6 defeats, on 6 occasions - Man C (2021 & 2014), Chelsea (2010), Man Utd (2001 & 1996) and Arsenal (1998)

The only other team to lose more than 6 games and still win the title is Blackburn in 1995, but that was a 42 game season

• Like 1