Man City are boring me now

The thing that irks me is, the last few city games I’ve seen (Southampton, Leicester particularly spring to mind) the opposites basically “tap out” at 3-0 and say ok we give up you’ve won, then city let them and take the main players off. I know some will say it’s squad management with big games coming up, but fans have paid to watch a game not 30mins then a training session. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, kirksandallowl said:

The thing that irks me is, the last few city games I’ve seen (Southampton, Leicester particularly spring to mind) the opposites basically “tap out” at 3-0 and say ok we give up you’ve won, then city let them and take the main players off. I know some will say it’s squad management with big games coming up, but fans have paid to watch a game not 30mins then a training session. 

I don’t blame City for that. However, it is becoming a bit like Old Trafford in the 90s and 00s when teams know they’re beaten before kick off and would happily shake on a 2 or 3 goal defeat in advance 

The problem is this champions league thing 

for city to have a team that can 100% make the cl final and win it, they need a team so good they can batter teams like villa and Brighton home and away 

I feel like this is the issue that will get that super league going 

I wish they would tbf, and give a few extra spots to the premier league 

it could be an upgrade across the board tbf, lifting 6 or so teams out the conference to the EFL 

4 minutes ago, ANDY said:

What’s with the covered area behind the net at the Bernebau ?

any reason for this ? 

Been like that for ages I think, I assumed it was some sort of construction work.

Google says they are adding a retractable roof and pitch.

Edited by BridportOwl
Google

4 minutes ago, BridportOwl said:

Been like that for ages I think, I assumed it was some sort of construction work.

Google says they are adding a retractable roof and pitch.

They’ve spent some reyt money on it. The pitch comes apart in sections and is stacked below ground on runners when they have other events on 

• Thanks 1

On 07/05/2023 at 09:10, Ever the pessimist said:

Biggsy has lost the plot. Genuinely pondering whether he invented the term ‘grappling’ here. 

783525E4-5798-4434-980A-986903C3AE4C.png

The fact that it was used in wrestling on World of Sport throughout the 70s and early 80's, to the point that the commentator introduced the segment with ' Hi their,  grapple fans' , is just a bizarre coincidence.