Big Sam at Leeds

15 minutes ago, viva hate said:

He gave Karl Robinson half an hour to make up his mind to join him.

He wanted Sammy Lee, but they wouldn't release him from jury duty. 

No, i'm not making that up. 

Honestly, like something out of the Mike Bassett film. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

He wanted Sammy Lee, but they wouldn't release him from jury duty. 

No, i'm not making that up. 

Honestly, like something out of the Mike Bassett film. 

“What am I meant to do? Play 3 across the middle and one in bloody Pentonville?” 

5 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

They've gone from Bielsa to Big Sam in about 18 months 

Leeds fans must wanna cry

It's bloody hilarious. 

All of that goodwill and momentum has vanished. 

I'll admit i was very jealous when they had Bielsa and everything was going so well,  so it's fantastic to see them struggling now.

And seeing as Wednesday has had our fair share of sh*te years, i think we are allowed to laugh at other people's misfortunes.  

• Haha 1

This made me laugh from Javi Gracia...

"We got 11 points in my 11 matches," Gracia told the Athletic.

"Everton got eight points, Leicester and Southampton took six and (Nottingham) Forest five. So everyone else down there got fewer."

However, Leeds lost four of their next five matches, including a 5-1 defeat by Crystal Palace, a 6-1 loss to Liverpool and 4-1 defeat by Bournemouth.

"We are in a moment during the last few games that were not what we hoped, but, from another point of view, other teams are doing worse than us. So you can be optimistic in some way," Gracia said.

Sounds like David Brent from the office....  "so, every cloud"..

Edited by Southie_Owl

45 minutes ago, scram said:

I'd much prefer a 7-0 win for City tbh

Using their second string...

Definitely 

Not sure why any Owl would want Leeds to pick up a point against City which could turn out to be the point that keeps them up

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

I'll admit i was very jealous when they had Bielsa and everything was going so well,  so it's fantastic to see them struggling now.

And seeing as Wednesday has had our fair share of sh*te years, i think we are allowed to laugh at other people's misfortunes.  

It just shows you how quickly things turn in football. 

One minute, you are riding the crest of a wave and the next you are getting a firm kick in the nuggets. 

Leeds have gone from having Biesla (he was basically the messiah there) to Big bloody Sam. 

From playing cavalier, attacking, front foot football, to Big Sam stay up at all costs dross. 

I honestly believe (not basing this on any recent experience lol) that the best part of being in the Premier League is the promotion season. Yeah, you might have a season or two where it's all shiny and new, but, more often than not, the crushing reality of being in it and how it is survival at all costs begins to wear thin.